News | Sherri Shepherd

Watch: The Ladies of 'The View' Discuss Boys and Pink Nail Polish

View

The ladies of The View discussed the J. Crew ad I posted yesterday which had FOX News and its flock up in arms. Sherri Shepherd agrees with the wingnuts angry at J. Crew that boys should not wear pink nail polish. At least she wouldn't allow her son to do so.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Related...
Boy with Pink Toenails in J Crew Ad Sets Off Wingnut Alarms [tr]

Comments

1. When is Sherry going to fall off the edge of the flat Earth already??

Posted by: Edd | Apr 13, 2011 7:19:51 PM

2. Poor Sherry. Not the brightest bulb on the x-mess tree.

Posted by: WebHybrid | Apr 13, 2011 7:23:20 PM

3. Sherry is so funny on 30 Rock,But she says some things on The View that make her look stupid.

Posted by: Rooney | Apr 13, 2011 7:27:48 PM

4. And with that, I can actually feel the ozone layer depleting... lots of wasted carbons going POOF into the atmosphere.

Posted by: scooter | Apr 13, 2011 7:33:38 PM

5. @rooney, look stupid? she is stupid!!! She missed the point of the whole arguement. Children are children. It is uptight adults that create gender roles and what little boys and girls should or should not be allowed to play with. So the kid asks to put on makeup or wear polish!?? She is a homophobe because she feels he is a boy and boys don't wear makeup or nail polish. and the underline cause or fear of not allowing a boy child to wear makeup or nail polish is the fear that that child will be gay or less than masculine. Sherry is an idiot cause she has bought into all that crap that boys play with trucks and girls play with dolls. God help her child when and if he comes out to her some day. then what will she have to blame for his gayness? she did all the right things by not letting him play with girl things!!!

Posted by: Matt | Apr 13, 2011 7:37:53 PM

6. She also believes the earth is flat, that Greeks threw Christians to the lions, and that nothing predated Christians.

Posted by: Brandon | Apr 13, 2011 7:42:41 PM

7. Well, it is "The View", and she represents a "view". It doesn't have to be a smart one unfortunately.

Posted by: Joel V | Apr 13, 2011 7:44:55 PM

8. I'm sorry, I couldn't get past the Holly Hobby tea set. Did somebody say something about being scarred for life?

Posted by: stranded | Apr 13, 2011 7:45:09 PM

9. Clearly little boys should not be wearing pink nail polish.

A more masculine shade would be appropriate. Hunter green. Royal blue. Brick. Not pink though.

Posted by: john D | Apr 13, 2011 7:48:46 PM

10. Sherri also had to be HEAVILY peer pressured into letting that little boy wear a Superman costume to pre-k for Halloween because she thinks Halloween is evil and kids dressing up for it courts evil or something moronic like that.

I feel bad for her kid.

Posted by: kc | Apr 13, 2011 7:49:45 PM

11. Sherry is the master of circular reasoning: a boy shouldn't wear nail polish because he's a boy. I can play that game too. Sherry is an idiot cuz she's Sherry.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 13, 2011 8:05:31 PM

12. All those women and girls wearing pants.....GAY!

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Apr 13, 2011 8:06:36 PM

13. I'm going to paint my man toes pink so I can shove them up her ass.

Posted by: Thomas | Apr 13, 2011 8:08:48 PM

14. Her son Jeffrey is going to be SO gay.

Posted by: David | Apr 13, 2011 8:16:33 PM

15. I wouldn't let my son wear pink nail polish. Mostly because I think nail polish is ridiculous in itself.

Posted by: Eric26 | Apr 13, 2011 8:26:22 PM

16. Oh, Sherri. All you're gonna do is convince your children that they're meant to live their entire lives under the limitations of bogus societal myths.

*yawn*

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 13, 2011 8:45:43 PM

17. I wouldn't let my son wear his pants halfway off his ass but I get the feeling you would you cotton picking _______ .

Posted by: palto | Apr 13, 2011 9:07:12 PM

18. palto needs to be booted.

Posted by: deedrdo | Apr 13, 2011 9:12:31 PM

19. The gender-specific colors we have today for kids -- pink for girls and blue for boys -- didn't come about until the 1940s...before that, pink was recommended as a color for boys.

Posted by: megamike | Apr 13, 2011 9:21:09 PM

20. Gtfo palto

Posted by: Jumex | Apr 13, 2011 9:22:38 PM

21. Sherri started on The View as a doofus (remember the whole 'is the world round, Sherri?' debacle when she first showed up?) and she's STILL a doofus. Don't even go to her for ANY facts. Ever.

Posted by: princely54 | Apr 13, 2011 10:09:27 PM

22. Palto's IP address should be banned.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Apr 13, 2011 10:16:12 PM

23. Yeah, but Sherri thinks the Earth is flat. The only reason that I don't hate her like I do Hasslecrakhead, is because I feel sorry for her.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Apr 13, 2011 10:27:29 PM

24. she should eat her wig

Posted by: Mattsy | Apr 13, 2011 10:33:29 PM

25. This is why actors/actresses should be more anonymous. I liked Sherry on 30 Rock and thought she was hilarious. It's hard to watch her the same way now (as an actress) after all the dumb stuff she says on The View. She made a similar comment (last year?) about not letting her son play with dolls or something because he's a boy. So ignorant.

Posted by: daws | Apr 13, 2011 10:34:03 PM