Lip Dub | Music | News | Pink | Vancouver

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: 'Raise Your Glass' Lip Dub with a Cast of Thousands

Lipdub

The University of British Columbia Vancouver's lip dub, set to Pink's "Raise Your Glass" and Marianas Trench's "Celebrity Status" is the most ambitious I've seen to date, even taking plunge in the school pool.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That was fun!

Posted by: marc | Apr 11, 2011 10:50:18 AM

2. Great clip - too bad they filmed on a gray day. Vancouver is a beautiful city.

Posted by: MikeBoston | Apr 11, 2011 10:59:23 AM

3. That was AWESOME and incredible on SO MANY levels!!! What an inventive group of students. Just to think of the amount of collaboration and hard work that went into this is mind-boggling! As a college professor, I cherish that I get the opportunity to interact with students who are smart, talented, and spirited! What a great video! I am unbelievably impressed!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Apr 11, 2011 11:54:18 AM

4. OH CANADA!

How fun was THAT?!

I want to go back to school and go to UBC!

I agree though. Too bad they didn't do this in the summer or late spring so that the weather and the scenery didn't look so drab. Vancouver and all of British Columbia are so amazingly beautiful.

Great job kids!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Apr 11, 2011 12:19:59 PM

5. Amazing. Inventive. It actually brought a tear of happiness to my eyes. Good job, Canada!

Posted by: Wady | Apr 11, 2011 1:04:39 PM

6. shouldn't they be studying?

Posted by: jgm22 | Apr 11, 2011 1:05:41 PM

7. WINNING!!!

Posted by: Nanny McBone | Apr 11, 2011 1:58:18 PM

8. The underwater stuff was Amzeballs.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Apr 11, 2011 2:53:17 PM

9. Bravo!

Posted by: kb | Apr 11, 2011 3:29:17 PM

10. That made me happy! Loving people working together for something joyous!

Posted by: Jake | Apr 11, 2011 4:59:37 PM

11. Sometimes I think maybe humanity isn't that bad after all...

Posted by: Thomas | Apr 11, 2011 5:11:46 PM

12. oh dear, i guess i am going to be the grinch at the party.

what a tremendous amount of effort went into that. i applaud their enthusiasm, but dear lord, that is the most rhythm challenged group of youth i have seen in my long life. watching enthusiastic young people is a treat no matter what, however, that was so square it may have caused a dimensional shift. bless their hearts...

Posted by: jack | Apr 11, 2011 5:52:00 PM

13. Aww shuddup Jack! They got a cast of thousands. Complicated Gaga-style choreography is not possible w that many peopele. I was a film student at one point and the amount of sheer gargantuan effort that went into this blows me away. Brought a tear to my eye too. So many different kinds of people getting together to celebrate something so positive should always be applauded. FABULOUS!

Posted by: AJ | Apr 11, 2011 6:58:04 PM

14. UBC in the Okanagan also did a lip dub - http://youtu.be/ooj33ffM6ps - looks like some other schools are working on them too here in Canda.

Posted by: Brent | Apr 12, 2011 2:52:40 AM

15. I think this was amazing - not only from a fun factor, but what a cool recruiting tool for the college - if I was a senior looking for schools to go to...this video would make me put UBC-Vancouver at the top of my list. Such detail and fun went into this! Bravo...

Posted by: DSCinSEA | Apr 12, 2011 10:23:26 AM

16. And that's actually Marianas Trench in the video! Bonus points for getting the actual band to participate...

Posted by: Kyle | Apr 13, 2011 9:26:23 AM