American Idol | Music | News | Steven Tyler

BigGayDeal.com

Steven Tyler Tried Gay Sex But 'Just Didn't Dig It'

Tyler

Steven Tyler writes about experimenting with men in his new memoir Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?:

"Gay sex just doesn't do it for me. I tried it one time when I was younger, but I just didn't dig it."

Comments

1. Shelly: but your grandfather also said not to play with your food, adults can give such confusing advise.

Posted by: PLAINTOM | May 17, 2011 10:29:39 PM

2. Who is surprised or disturbed by this revelation? It's practically a non-story.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 17, 2011 10:52:11 PM

3. Given the brevity of Steven Tyler's comment, it seems to me that he thinks this is a non-story too. And good for him for his candor, and his brevity. There really is nothing else to say about it: tried it, didn't like it. What's wrong with that?

Cool f'ing mo'fo, in my book. Plus Aerosmith is basically awesome.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | May 18, 2011 2:51:21 AM

4. Liar, i bet he's never off it

Posted by: phil | May 18, 2011 4:48:52 AM

5. I can understand not being attracted to men, or to women, but I can't comprehend not liking so-called "gay sex". What is "gay sex"? Almost everything we do, straight couples also do (not all of them, of course).

Is he saying he can't enjoy sex with someone he doesn't find sexually attractive, regardless of their skill?

Or is he saying he doesn't like being a bottom?

Or does he just prefer vagina to ass?

I guess this shouldn't confuse me, and I really shouldn't care about what Steven likes to do, but it's all his fault for bringing it up, and being unclear.

Posted by: Randy | May 18, 2011 7:33:56 AM

6. whatever.

Posted by: Bill | May 18, 2011 9:27:48 AM

7. Howard Stern has had a number of female rock groupies on his show over the years. Whenever he's asked any of them, "Who has the biggest penis in rock 'n roll?," the answer is always the same:

"Steven Tyler."

Just some food for thought.

Posted by: Adam Sank | May 18, 2011 1:58:11 PM

8. Fair enough :) I tried with a woman too and i didn't dig it either.

Posted by: Akira | May 18, 2011 2:52:45 PM

9. @Randy: I'd assume by "gay sex" he means sex between him and another man. He may very well love being on bottom with a woman or having anal sex with her. His words don't imply that he tried any particular type of sex with a man (or with a woman.). Of course, there are scores of different "kinds" of sex and positions available to try.
    I've pretty much said the same thing about women. Positioning of our bodies is irrelevant to me; I just don't get any charge out of being with (next to, beside, above, below, around) her.

Posted by: Gregv | May 18, 2011 2:59:26 PM

10. I'm not a fan of his music but I do appreciate his open mindedness and honesty.

Posted by: James | May 18, 2011 8:28:08 PM

11. I see nothing homophobic whatsoever about his statement. In fact, I find the honesty about a straight man experimenting to be positive and de-scandalizing.

Posted by: Skep | May 19, 2011 1:16:36 AM

12. Of course, there are some men who identify as gay men that not only believe that sex (fornication) between men is wrong, but also say that when they have tried to have sex with men that it does nothing for them. I've known a few who told me this. Some of these men believe that love is fine, but contact should be limited to kissing and fondling, or at most sensual massage and 'frottage.' Fornication and oral sex are a no-no; it feels strange and inappropriate to them. A lot of these type of men will only do full sexual activities if they sleep with women from time to time or if they are married to one. If not, they don't do it. Not trying to be offensive, just some more food for thought.

Posted by: Gabe R L | May 19, 2011 1:58:11 PM

13. And as someone stated earlier there are some men (though probably not many) who did 'dig' gay sex but still ended up straight.

Posted by: Gabe R L | May 19, 2011 2:00:14 PM