Comments

1. Jim says

I saw this show 4 days before it opened. None of us in the audience were prepared for it. It blew everyone out the door. If you’re in NY, under no circumstances should you miss it. Larry Kramer, whom so many in the 80s thought was an alarmist and a nag, has at last been proven a prophet that, if he had been listened to, more would be alive today. This is a play that can finally stand along the greatest American plays. Great work.

2. patrick nyc says

s Broadway ready? Has this idiot heard that there was a little play call Angels in America? Two actually, and the star Joe Montello won a Tony for the second one?

3. dgchgo says

Actually, Joe didn’t win a Tony for Angels — he was nominated, but Stephen Spinella won two Tonys for his role. Joe has won twice for directing: Assassins and Take Me Out.

4. says

No Lee Pace interview? Frowny face! And I am pretty sure I saw Cheyenne Jackson and Patricia Clarkson in the background at different points.

Loved the production, it should win every Tony it is nominated for.

5. Seamus says

I saw this play in previews. I sat in the back row of the balcony and it reached me up there. On more than one occasion, the tears were rolling down my cheeks. Just such an amazing play that plays as a historical document. To see how far we’ve come and how far there still is left to go made for one of the most memorable and moving evenings of theater I’ve seen in a long time. Wow. Peace.

6. Henry Holland says

Jim Parsons: “The only thing I’m grateful for is there’s no hazing”. Hahaha.

Mmmmm….John Benjamin Hickey…..mmmmmmm.

I suspect there’s almost zero chance of this particular cast doing a tour, if there is one, so I hope it’s being filmed for us far west of the (212).