Comments

1. AJ says

Surprisingly boring. And badly filmed. And they should not have used that version of the song. Meh. Dancing flash mobs are more impressive.

2. James says

It’s sad- I’m Columbus born and raised, and I have no idea where the “Columbus Commons” are.

3. Chris in Irvine says

Why is it categorized as a “flash” choir? It’s not like if this suddenly happened…

4. ohplease says

Thank goodness some Towleroad readers cared enough to show up and insult hundreds of queer and queer-supportive people having a good time while promoting equality in a hostile red state.

What’s wrong with the rest of you? I demand more insults now!

5. James says

@Gus thanks for the info. Left Columbus to go to college so makes sense that I wouldn’t know.

@Philo you know that gesture in which someone waves his hand across to top of his head and makes a “woosh” noise?

6. Francis says

Things like this send a positive message so I think it’s a great project. The fact so many participated is good to see.

7. Jack says

I don’t care much for Gaga, but I didn’t find this boring at all. If anything, seeing the incredibly diverse crowd was exhilarating and heartwarming.

8. scollingsworth says

Flash Dances are a lil more exciting but I agree with Jack, seeing the diversity in the crowd was moving.

9. Bryant says

It was great to see the enthusiasm of many of the participants, and of course the message is positive and affirming. I was with Chris in Irvine though and did not see how this was a “flash” choir – the element of surprise that makes flash mob scenes work was missing.

10. AJ says

The sentiment is great and I love that they did this. I just wish it was filmed better and was a better version of the song. That’s all.

11. lakas says

heh–the money shot, boy in blue shirt in mother’s arms with his hands over his ears. 3:41 mark.

i thought “choir” is supposed to have sections (SATB), everyone was singing the melody line. lacking any harmony. i didn’t hear it. that or the harmonies were weak. i can still critique on artistic merit, right? or are they using the “choir” terminology rather loosely?

12. says

In the sense of the lyrics of the song – I love what this stands for. I think it’s really heart-touching to see this many people that stand together to promote equality and unity. In the sense of being an artist and have this many people come and sing your song – thats just WOW