Chris Evans | Crime | European Football | Gay Marriage | News | Nigeria | North Carolina | Philippines | Prince | Tom Ford

News: Chris Evans, GLAAD, Nigeria Soccer, Brad Walsh

road Former NYC mayor John Lindsay gave Florence Henderson crabs.

Cpt  road Chris Evans blankets the new poster for Captain America.

road The Boston Globe on the GLAAD/AT&T letter controversy: "Many nonprofits seek corporate sponsorship, especially in today’s financial climate, but their fund-raising operations shouldn’t drive their advocacy. And if AT&T or any other corporation wants to support civil-rights groups or a teachers’ union, it should do so out of a commitment to those causes, not as a down payment on future favors."

road Prince makes an attempt to hide his royal purple.

road Tom Ford on his possiblel future children: "If I have children, no one will know about it until the child is born. And no one will ever see the child because I certainly wouldn’t use it as a press tool."

road Today marks the 2 year anniversary of Michael Jackson's sudden death.

road "Gay Liberation" sculpture in Christopher Park gets a thorough scrubbing.

road Hundreds march for marriage equality in North Carolina.

road Church reportedly marries eight same-sex couples in Baguio, Philippines.

Brad  road Singer Brad Walsh on the anti-gay attack he experienced a few years ago: "There's a song on the new album called "D. F. W. M." which stands for Don't F*** With Me and it's about a time when I was walking and this truck driver got out, punched me in the face, called me a faggot, and chased me down the street. That was the first time a stranger has touched me in an angry manner. I made a big deal about it in the media and eventually got him fired. The police wouldn't classify it as an assault, so they called it harassment, which is not what it was. Nobody would stick around to be my witness for the police. It was one of those moments where I was like 'wow, it's really not the world I thought it was.' It took me two years to write that very angry song."

road Gay organizations have called on FIFA to fight the discrimination produced by the Nigerian Football Federation. Sign the petition here. Earlier today, anti-gay Nigeria coach Eucharia Uche said "homosexuality is a dirty thing, spiritually and morally it is very, very wrong."

road Despite the financial difficulties it has recently faced, organizers of San Francisco's pride parade will not skimp on the festivities.

Comments

1. Read the article about the conjoined twins more carefully. It's a poorly constructed sentence, but it sounds more like they are talking about their musical tastes, not sexual orientation.

"In their first interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer, Stefan said he has a crush on actress and country pop singer Jennette McCurdy, 18, while Tyler prefers folk singer Steve Forbert, 54."

I'm pretty sure that "prefers" is meant musically, not sexually.

Posted by: jordan | Jun 25, 2011 3:53:52 PM

2. @Jordan - I agree completely. Not to mention that the article's focus is on the family's religious and pro-life stance, not on their sons' sexualities.

Posted by: JPinWeHo | Jun 25, 2011 4:12:52 PM

3. Re FLO: Would you really get crabs within 24 hours, enough to see them "running across the bed," etc.? Sounds more like bed bugs.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jun 25, 2011 4:19:44 PM

4. Someone's asleep at the wheel again. The article says nothing about one being gay and the other straight.

Posted by: MacroT | Jun 25, 2011 4:29:36 PM

5. I'm either blind or the article three of you are referring to has been removed.

So Tom Ford apparently won't ever let his kids see the light of day? Sounds great!

SF Pride this year is awful in terms of entertainment. This is the first in the 13 years I've been here that there's not a well-known band. The biggest name is Sandra Bernhard, but she was already going to be in town. And the last couple times I've seen her she's been unpleasantly bitter. It's lame. Folsom Street Fair has consistently had much better entertainment.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 25, 2011 4:52:44 PM

6. Also the 2 year anniversary of Farrah Fawcett's death isn't it?

Posted by: Aman Chaudhary | Jun 25, 2011 5:06:13 PM

7. Can I get in that machine with Chris Evans?

I know it's shallow and silly and rather pathetic, but I can hear loud dance music and happy screams through the window by my desk right now, and just for this one weekend I'd like to be something other than old and sick and wrinkled and flabby and clinically depressed. It's hard not to think how much I'd like to put on a tank top one size too small and have people like me for no good reason just one more time.

Oh well. I had my share and It was fun while it lasted. Y'all have a great weekend, eh?

Posted by: Bryan | Jun 25, 2011 6:27:56 PM

8. nice i like him hi is very nice .

Posted by: אוכל דרוזי | Jun 25, 2011 7:05:49 PM

9. I think this man is a good man I always dream about him and I want to enable it to host a Druze and give it a great treat.

Posted by: אירוח דרוזי | Jul 8, 2011 5:26:34 PM