Fashion Men | News | Tom Ford

Tom Ford Wears His Shirts Open to Prevent Migraines

Ford

Racked has a look at what you can expect from the upcoming June 24 OWN Visionaries program on designer/director Tom Ford, including this revelation:

"I wear my shirts open because ties give me a headache. I can only wear them for a few hours and then I start to get a migraine."

Who knew that the heavage trend was facilitated by a medical condition?

Comments

1. Fine with me.

I would rather see this than another gross pic of the Situation's distorted abdominals. Fuccen nasty.

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | Jun 1, 2011 11:17:47 AM

2. I'M SO GLAD I FOLLOW YOU ON TWITTER SO I COULD GET THIS EARTH-SHATTERING NEWS. TERRIFIC.

Posted by: gregory | Jun 1, 2011 11:21:19 AM

3. I've never liked Ford but he is right. I too get migraines and ties around your neck will trigger migraine headaches, at least they do for me!

Posted by: Ron | Jun 1, 2011 11:21:38 AM

4. Hot and talented, but Ford ain't no scholar by any stretch of the imagination.

Posted by: Jeff In Boston | Jun 1, 2011 11:35:01 AM

5. He's smokin hot to me. Thank god for migraines?

Posted by: AJ | Jun 1, 2011 11:48:52 AM

6. The one time I went into his Madison Avenue store I got a migraine. Still uncertain as to whether it was the price of the shoes I looked at ($11,200.) or the thick scent in the air.

Posted by: Oliver | Jun 1, 2011 11:54:18 AM

7. As a designer he should know his wrong sized collar is causing the problem, not the tie. For Ford, it must be psychosomatic.

Posted by: gus | Jun 1, 2011 12:53:16 PM

8. Tom Ford doesn't like fat people.

Posted by: Scott | Jun 1, 2011 12:57:16 PM

9. Im sorry did u mean 11,000$ for a Pair of shoes???? WTF? when people are starving in this world, in this country..and people spend THAT on a Friggin pair of shoes??? I dont care IF I had MILLIONS - there is NO way in Hell Id spend that for shoes..ever. I guess Im glad I grew up in a family with 8 kids on a fireman's salary....it made me appreciate the Small things in life.

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Jun 1, 2011 1:12:43 PM

10. I always find him very entertaining. I just hope he doesn't take what he says seriously himself.

Posted by: hugo | Jun 1, 2011 1:21:20 PM

11. so this rules out erotic asphyxiation?

Posted by: David B. 2 | Jun 1, 2011 1:22:59 PM

12. good ties belong on other body parts during sex anyway -- like the wrists -- LOL

Posted by: David B. 2 | Jun 1, 2011 1:48:10 PM

13. So it's not just me? Good. I refuse to work where I have to strangle myself.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 1, 2011 2:16:58 PM

14. I suppose it is a gentleman’s prerogative to choose any placebo that works for him. Should the unwashed masses follow suit?

Posted by: Bad Humor Boy | Jun 1, 2011 2:33:23 PM

15. Whatever the reason, I for one am always happy to see a little of Tom's chest. The more the better, in fact, when is his sex tape going to come out?

Posted by: jp | Jun 1, 2011 3:02:48 PM

16. Ha ha! So that's why he always has several buttons undone!

Posted by: KPC | Jun 1, 2011 7:55:53 PM

17. I totally buy this. Anything is possible! Wearing certain hats or a headband can give me a headache. Don't even try putting a wig on me. Feels like I'm being smothered. And nail polish makes my fingers feel heavy. Cannot stand it. #weirdness

Posted by: Marie | Jun 1, 2011 8:15:18 PM

18. "

"

@bad boy humor: they should follow unsuited, apparently.

Posted by: deusxmac | Jun 1, 2011 8:20:33 PM

19. Tom Ford is attractive, talented, and successful. He is also an idiot.

Posted by: John in Iowa | Jun 1, 2011 8:25:53 PM

20. I find him kind of sleazy, but I also hate wearing ties or hats for any length of time---anything constricting bothers me after an hour or so. They make me feel hot and I sometimes get headaches, so this makes sense to me. Good thing I work from home!

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 1, 2011 10:31:28 PM

21. By his logic, a full head of hair must also cause migraines.

Posted by: BearAspirin | Jun 1, 2011 10:54:54 PM

22. I wore a dress shirt and tie every day for 2-3 months at a teaching job, and was getting terrible headaches every day around 4:00-6:00, and I could feel the muscles in the back left side of my neck just throbbing. Now I alternate dress shirts with nice T-shirts, and get headaches less frequently. There very well could be something to this. (And I like seeing Tom COMPLETELY undressed.)

Posted by: Dback | Jun 2, 2011 12:36:44 AM