News | True Blood

BigGayDeal.com

'True Blood' Character to Enter Into Gay Relationship

Kwanten

A straight character on True Blood will be entering into a gay relationship this season.

Writes Michael Ausiello at TV Line:

"...perhaps no transformation in the show’s colorful history will come as quite as great a shock as the one that we find out about during the HBO hit’s ferociously anticipated fourth season, premiering June 26: A major character, heretofore heterosexual, will be involved in a same-sex romance. I’m not going to reveal any more clues about the character...so as not to risk getting fanged by series creator Alan Ball. However, I will say that, having witnessed the big reveal, it doesn’t feel gimmicky. In fact, after the initial shock wears off, I imagine you will do what I did and go, 'Yeah. Makes total sense.'"

Nothing should be inferred by the photo above...I have no idea who the character is...this was just an excuse to feature said photo of Jason Stackhouse.

Comments

1. If the show follows the book it is likely Pam. She is very much interested in the ladies :) Now while that is great - I really would love to see the plot change up if Jason and Hoyt were to get it on!

Posted by: Paul | Jun 15, 2011 6:46:07 PM

2. yeah, jason stackhouse / ryan kwanten is about perfect

hottest guy on the show imho

Posted by: neverstops | Jun 15, 2011 6:46:37 PM

3. Well, all the vampires are more or less Bi, so I wouldn't think it would be one of them. So that leaves Andy (can't imagine) - Hoyt (doubt it since he is dating Jessica); which leaves Sam (could be since drank Bill's blood and had a dream about him) or Jason. I think having Jason go gay would be hot, but it's probably Sam.

Posted by: Mike | Jun 15, 2011 6:49:20 PM

4. All the straight guys are on the show are hotter than the vampire dudes anyway, but odds are this will be a gal relationship. Um, Pam's already been with women, so she's not a strictly hetero vamp from the get-go. Sorry, not being a straight guy myself, I give a big yawn to the idea of some lezzie action on True Blood. Wake me up if Jason or Sam decide to wise up. ;-)

Posted by: Zlick | Jun 15, 2011 6:51:39 PM

5. I'm going to guess Tara. She's had such bad luck with men, I could see her giving the other side a try.

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Jun 15, 2011 6:52:47 PM

6. Hi, this is your irregular kick in the ass for bi-erasure. That's not "going gay," that's "going bisexual." And it's not a gay relationship, it's a same-sex relationship. Do try to keep track if you're going to claim to speak for all of us. Thanks ever so.

Posted by: Lysana | Jun 15, 2011 6:54:04 PM

7. ^ good guess Kevin, you may be right

Posted by: neverstops | Jun 15, 2011 6:54:17 PM

8. @Lysana: Word.

Posted by: TomSkylark | Jun 15, 2011 6:59:06 PM

9. Nobody has even suggested that it might be Sookie. Given the fact that Anna Paquin is bisexual, it makes perfect sense...

Posted by: Johnn | Jun 15, 2011 6:59:31 PM

10. Thank you @Lysana. If we can't get acknowledgement and sensitivity on blogs like this one and from our LGT brothers and sisters then we're in bigger trouble than we thought. Thanks for making the point.

Posted by: breckroy | Jun 15, 2011 7:08:45 PM

11. I think Tara as well. But really, not a "gay relationship," but rather a "same-sex relationship?" Are we going to play P.C. semantics here, on a thread about a freaking Vampire show and its hotties? Sheesh.

Posted by: Zlick | Jun 15, 2011 7:29:31 PM

12. I'm pretty sure it will be Tera. She's the only one I can think of where I go 'Yeah. Makes total sense.'- like the author stated.

Posted by: ScooterRoo | Jun 15, 2011 7:30:40 PM

13. Maybe this is where a certain blogger was jumping the gun. Their character may engage in a same-sex relationship, but the actor is straight. Hmmm...

Posted by: andregide | Jun 15, 2011 7:35:26 PM

14. True blood is such a fine show, with a wonderful cast. On who's gay... there's a wealth of choice, no? But if the character who has a gay fling/relationship is someone who's "identifiably" heterosexual, then we might think about Jason himself. He does try very hard with the ladies, too hard to "convince" if you ask me.

Posted by: Sean R | Jun 15, 2011 7:41:14 PM

15. Another vote for Tara

Posted by: ny | Jun 15, 2011 7:46:27 PM

16. Tara does sound the most likely, but my male-on-male obsession leaves me hoping for Jason, Sam's little brother (is he even alive?), or the werewolf dude.

Maybe in a twist, they decide they don't have to choose? Drool...

Posted by: BamBam | Jun 15, 2011 8:00:28 PM

17. If we're following the book, I put my money on Jason. His new best friend (after Hoyt) and also a member of Hot Shot falls in love with him. Though, in the book, Jason never strayed to our side and the ending was quite tragic. If we through the books out the window, I agree, Tara seems the most likely to turn to another woman for companionship. Also, the rumor that Season 4 takes place a year or so after 3 leads a lot to happen in the inbetween. Either way, can not wait!

Posted by: JayC | Jun 15, 2011 8:07:19 PM

18. If it's Ryan Kwanten's character they'll have a new viewer for the season (me). If not, I will continue to not tune in.

Posted by: Reg253 | Jun 15, 2011 8:17:56 PM

19. Cruel trick posting Jason's pic. I got all hot and bothered until I realized it was just a teaser. In my fantasies it would be a 3-way between Jason, Hoyt and Sam. (It would have been a fourgy if they hadn't killed off the hottest werewolf). My guess would also be Sam. That shower dream sequence must have meant something.

Posted by: Tony | Jun 15, 2011 8:18:17 PM

20. I agree on Lysana's point - The character, i.e. person, is going "bisexual" rather than "gay". That's a distinction that should be recognized.

However, I wouldn't call "gay relationship" a miscatergorization. Yes, same-sex relationship is more politically correct and specific. But describing relationship as gay IS saying that it's same-sex. The gay part in the term is describing the relationship not the persons involved.

It wouldn't make sense to call a relationship between a gay person and a bisexual person or 2 bisexual persons as "bisexual relationship".

I know this can be contentious - but from my view, I think this would be an example of perhaps the world being TOO politically correct?

Posted by: Dan | Jun 15, 2011 8:31:36 PM

21. regardless of relationship, I just want to see Jason get dicked by Lafayette. Although with the new season's big plot device being witches/paganism/wicca, we'll probably see a relationship of two females.

Posted by: MadM@ | Jun 15, 2011 9:14:04 PM

22. was this the nature of the recent blind item that Dlisted posted? They thought it was Kwanten...as did most of the postings

Posted by: Von Lmo | Jun 15, 2011 9:33:57 PM

23. Sam is the only one that wouldn't seem like a stretch to me (Bill's blood). I don't see it happening with Tara. She may not be having any luck with men but her worst conflicts have been with women (her mom and Mary Anne).

But I'm biased. Sam is hot and that teaser with Bill got me all hot and bothered :)

Posted by: daws | Jun 15, 2011 9:39:46 PM

24. Crap, nevermind. I forgot about the vampire guy last season that was up her ass. Maybe she'll hook up with a witch this season.

Posted by: daws | Jun 15, 2011 9:41:11 PM

25. Dollars to donuts it's SAM. I kept half-expecting him and his brother to get it on last year ...

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jun 15, 2011 9:41:11 PM