2012 Election | News | Rick Santorum

Rick Santorum Discusses Google Problem: 'There are Vile People Out There Who Do Horrible Things'

Santorumvile

Chuck Todd asked presidential hopeful Rick Santorum about his Google problem this morning, Think Progress reports.

Said Santorum: "Unfortunately, there are vile people out there who do horrible things."

Todd asks Santorum if he thinks Google has any responsibility for the indexing of his name: "I would suggest that if they have done other things to stop this kind of vile activity and filth on the internet that they should apply it equally to me and everybody else."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

As you may recall, Santorum has compared same-sex marriage to sex with dogs, has said that it's "common sense" to keep gays from marrying and adopting children, wants to reinstate the ban on gays in the military, and has said that gays shouldn't have the "privilege of government benefits" offered to heterosexual couples, yet Santorum claims he's not a homophobe.

Comments

1. I would suggest that perhaps all the laws of the land should apply equally to Santorum and everyone else. He, however, seems to feel differently.

Posted by: R | Jun 9, 2011 10:39:42 AM

2. I "Bing", "Google", and "Yahoo" search everyday for SANTORUM.

Posted by: Jeff | Jun 9, 2011 10:43:26 AM

3. Yes, Rick -- there are vile people out there who do horrible things everyday. And you, you giant asshat, are one of them.

Posted by: jrcpoet | Jun 9, 2011 10:47:59 AM

4. To be clear, Rick, they are making fun of you, not your name.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jun 9, 2011 10:49:01 AM

5. @Jeff. Rock on. Google for justice!

Posted by: Justin L Werner | Jun 9, 2011 11:01:10 AM

6. F U frothy

Posted by: Mstrozfckslv | Jun 9, 2011 11:02:39 AM

7. And you're one of those vile people, "Frothy Mix".

Posted by: Exatron | Jun 9, 2011 11:11:10 AM

8. Yeah, well now he knows what it feels like to have "vile" things said about a person. This guy is scum. These people have to learn that they are talking about human beings who have souls and feelings. I'm sorry... I don't feel sorry for him!

Posted by: Jim | Jun 9, 2011 11:13:47 AM

9. I was thrilled when fellow Pennsylvanians finally voted this idiot out of office years ago. Here's hoping he and his followers will throw A LOT of their money away on his futile presidential campaign..

Posted by: DAVE | Jun 9, 2011 11:14:00 AM

10. Whenever I see his vile face I go immediately to Google, type in Santorum, and click on the appropriate website. So pleased to see it is back at the number one spot again.

Posted by: homer | Jun 9, 2011 11:17:23 AM

11. "Unfortunately, there are vile people out there who do horrible things."

Irony, thy name is Santorum.

Posted by: gaylib | Jun 9, 2011 11:19:17 AM

12. What I love about "santorum" is that his children and grandchildren will have to live with his legacy (Frothy Mix)for eternity!!

Posted by: alexInBoston | Jun 9, 2011 11:22:03 AM

13. It looks like both he and Gingrich are using their presidential runs to get back into politics in general, not to win the office. All the press candidates receive is too compelling to miss out on. However, their negatives remain too high. My guess is that Romney will win the nomination.

Posted by: anon | Jun 9, 2011 11:27:58 AM

14. Screw him and keep googling: www.spreadingsantorum.com/

Posted by: Todd | Jun 9, 2011 11:35:35 AM

15. Have you ever seen the Santorum family shot? Google "Santorum family" and be prepared to laugh.

Posted by: Gigi | Jun 9, 2011 11:50:08 AM

16. You nailed it Ricky of the frothy mix. You are that person: "Unfortunately, there are vile people out there who do horrible things"

Posted by: Jim | Jun 9, 2011 12:04:29 PM

17. I just wonder why we've stopped at Santorum. Surely, there are other vile politicians out there whose names we could web-associate with something equally distasteful (distasteful to them, that is).

Posted by: Mona | Jun 9, 2011 12:32:53 PM

18. Every good page on Santorum should have a link...

Posted by: Alan | Jun 9, 2011 12:38:07 PM

19. the irony is alternately hilarious, appalling and saddening. Sometimes at the same time, actually.

Nobody has died because of the new meaning of Santorum. Many have died because of the bigotry Santorum promotes.

look at his family. look at his kids. they're not all straight.

i worry for them.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 9, 2011 12:47:40 PM

20. Hey frothy, ever heard of the saying 'treat others the way you wish to be treated'?

Compared to the things you say about my people, equating SANTORUM to FROTHY MIX is really nothing and you should be thankful.

Keep googling, binging and yahooing, guys!!

Posted by: gayalltheway | Jun 9, 2011 1:02:06 PM

21. vile people like you. You are one of those shitheads.

Posted by: Akira | Jun 9, 2011 1:02:21 PM

22. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me."

Santorum is doing tangible and even physical harm (no medical benefits for partners, against bullying laws) ... to us ... and he's complaining about a a few words?

Grow up, Frothy.

Posted by: mike | Jun 9, 2011 1:04:15 PM

23. So, he doesn't appreciate people saying outrageous, hurtful things???

Well, yeah... that's the whole point, d-bag.

Personally, I google frothy-mix regularly. I think it's hilarious.

Posted by: pete N SFO | Jun 9, 2011 1:26:16 PM

24. I shall Google "Santorum rectal mucus" so often that it will also start to suggest itself automatically.

Posted by: Shane | Jun 9, 2011 2:21:18 PM

25. Hi. My name is Houndentenor, and I'm one of the vile people out there who help others do horrible things. :-)

Posted by: Houndentenor | Jun 9, 2011 2:37:51 PM