Jesse Metcalfe | Josh Henderson | News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

'Dallas' Coming Back to TV: Preview

Dallas

Dallas and the Ewings are headed back to TV in Summer 2012 and they've already sprung the first preview, featuring some new and old blood. Can a resurrection of Dynasty be far behind?

Watch the preview, AFTER THE JUMP...

Dallas2

Comments

1. WTF is with Hagmans eyebrows?!?!

Posted by: mattsy | Jul 12, 2011 10:45:16 AM

2. TV is clearly on its death bed!

Posted by: Joe | Jul 12, 2011 10:47:18 AM

3. Yaaay! "Tales From the Crypt" is back!! That's the Cryptkeeper right?

Posted by: AJ | Jul 12, 2011 10:52:59 AM

4. Sorry, but I thought Hagman was dead already. He looks like he's 90. And those eyebrows! creepy

Posted by: jtramon | Jul 12, 2011 10:58:30 AM

5. I would argue the whole show could actually fail simply because of Larry Hagman's Eyebrows.

I was addicted to the show and one of only a few who guessed right "Who shot J.R?" I also love Knot's Landing.

Posted by: tim | Jul 12, 2011 11:06:37 AM

6. This looks trashy/fantastic. I can't wait to see Sue Ellen get drunk and throw a drink in someone's face.

Posted by: MikeMB | Jul 12, 2011 11:11:18 AM

7. Sue Ellen was sober by the time she left Southfork for good.

Posted by: Manhattanvince | Jul 12, 2011 11:30:17 AM

8. The only reason I would watch is if Sue Ellen and J.R. get re-married and Sue Ellen had a monthly plot of how she would kill J.R. Something like how Stewie Griffin always wanted to kill Lois in Family Guy.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jul 12, 2011 11:39:30 AM

9. As nice as it is to see Pat Duffy, Linda Gray, and Larry Hagman (in spite of those ridiculous eyebrows he just won't get rid of...wait until you see yourself on screen Larry, you'll be embarrassed,) do we really need this show? Is there more entertainment to be mined in the nighttime soap arena? I watched this clip and sighed. Maybe the death of the daytime soaps will bring people back to the nighttime ones. But if this works, we'll see Dynasty the New Generation, and Knots Landing, the New Subdivision and every other bad idea.

Posted by: Bart | Jul 12, 2011 11:39:38 AM

10. The original Dallas was mandatory Friday night viewing when I was in high school. This looks thoroughly trashy and hilarious. Patrick Dempsey is still pretty hot, but Mary Martin's son looks terrible. Like JT, I thought Larry Hagman was dead.

Posted by: Smartypants | Jul 12, 2011 11:42:42 AM

11. Bart, there are actually more primetime soaps right now than ever before - 90210, Gossip Girl, Switched at Birth, Pretty Little Liars, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, True Blood, Mad Men, Torchwood, and many more. What shows are NOT serialized these days is a much smaller list.

Posted by: Aaron Kreider | Jul 12, 2011 11:45:55 AM

12. seriously - just cause you get old doesn't mean you can't TRIM....Yuck....Get rid of those eyebrows....ewwww, thats as bad as ear and nose hair.

Posted by: Gay American | Jul 12, 2011 11:47:18 AM

13. Smartypants> I'm pretty sure Patrick Dempsey would not appreciate being mistaken for Patrick Duffy! :-)

We need Lucy back! Lord knows Charlene Tilton doesn't need the last entry on her IMDB profile to be a loser on RuPaul's Drag U!

Posted by: Nick | Jul 12, 2011 12:11:18 PM

14. Looks like there's life after being killed off/fired from Desperate Housewives.

Posted by: S. | Jul 12, 2011 12:14:19 PM

15. I lovvvvvvvves me some Dallas (and, being the queen that I am, y'all know that my favorite is Sue Ellen) but...

I guess this could work IF the overwhelming focus of the show was on the newer generation rather than Pam, Sue Ellen, JR, Bobby, Ray, etc.

Dynasty the New Generation? Surely, then, Steven would be gay married and sitting back with his husband in their rocking chairs, right? And Steven and his husband's son? daughter? would be the reincarnation of Steven's momma.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jul 12, 2011 1:38:34 PM

16. Oh, and how could I possibly forget that Dominque Deveraux had a daughter that was in boarding school too. Did Blake leave the company to his black niece, LOL?

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jul 12, 2011 1:44:29 PM

17. "WTF is with Hagmans eyebrows?!?!"

Oh, you'll find out in the fullness of time...

Posted by: BobN | Jul 12, 2011 1:58:11 PM

18. If you ever want a truly tacky day, visit the "real" Soutfork outside Dallas--it's a tacky little house that contains a museum...pretty hilarious actually...I'm surprised to see in this new version they are still using the original view of the house. It looks very small by today's "millionaire" standards.

Posted by: LAX/JFK | Jul 12, 2011 3:05:05 PM

19. @Manhattanvince "Sue Ellen was sober by the time she left Southfork for good"

Hopefully she has a major relapse.

Posted by: MikeMB | Jul 12, 2011 6:34:21 PM

20. After seeing the preview it does seem kinda interesting. Hmmm. Being a past Dallas devotee I think I'll give it a chance. Thank goodness for the DVR.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jul 12, 2011 9:53:35 PM

21. Wow, if the gay community wasnt lumped together as shallow harpies already, this blog oughta do it. Eyebrows? seriously? Get over yourselves. Hagman is an old man and has had those eyebrows for years. And a getting a new Knots Landing from this show would rock!

Posted by: dokboy77 | Jul 13, 2011 12:20:56 AM