Adele | Music | Music Video | News

Early Adele Performance Resurrected: VIDEO

Adele

Billboard recently posted this clip of Adele performing the Grammy-winning track "Chasing Pavements" just as she was being discovered in the UK.

Such a voice.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, Adele reacted today to her nomination for a VMA: "Flabbergasted about the VMA nominations!! Thank you thank you MTV! I’m thinking about releasing a range of chairs to celebrate! I cant wait to see everyones performances, if there anything like the last couple years its gonna be so exciting. Huge props to Sam Brown the director of Rolling in the Deep! X"

Comments

1. This level of fame couldn't have happened to a better person.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 22, 2011 9:57:56 AM

2. Shivers.. so effortless yet so heartful. Love her.

Posted by: Steve | Jul 22, 2011 10:16:57 AM

3. superb!!!

Posted by: jake | Jul 22, 2011 10:38:25 AM

4. THEY'RE. Sorry, that really bugs me.

Posted by: Christian | Jul 22, 2011 10:47:36 AM

5. @Gregoire - I completely agree! Talent like Adele deserves all the fame and fortune she can handle! I hope for much, much more of the likes of 19 & 21 from her!

Posted by: Joey | Jul 22, 2011 10:57:59 AM

6. Dear god. That is a voice. A powerful, resonant, passionate voice. Absolutely stunning. And she's only improving!

Posted by: Aedan | Jul 22, 2011 11:07:47 AM

7. Wow! They dug deep for that one! 2008! That's like, over THREE years ago! Glad this vintage footage has been "resurrected!"

Posted by: Matt | Jul 22, 2011 11:18:23 AM

8. Breathtaking artist. Beautiful inside and out.

Posted by: Lloyd | Jul 22, 2011 11:42:37 AM

9. @ Matt

lol

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jul 22, 2011 12:14:26 PM

10. LOVE Adele. Stellar stinging voice.

Posted by: nikko | Jul 22, 2011 1:09:17 PM

11. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love Adele.

However, am I the only one who doesn't think this performance is all that great. I'll admit her voice was good here but, compared to how she's singing now...it sounds shaky, shouty, and just so raw.

Now, her voice is just so smooth and clean. Not sure if the same could be said for this...

Posted by: Vidur | Jul 22, 2011 1:38:20 PM

12. I love how they made it look like it was from the 1920s. It's three years old.

Posted by: Adam | Jul 22, 2011 2:31:37 PM

13. @vidur — it's the difference between how she sings on studio recordings (more control with different takes) and how she sings live. She had the same "rawness" (which I love) performing "Rolling in the Deep" on Letterman and others. Shakey? Shouty? How about honest and not tweaked and auto-tuned to death. I love the fact that in interviews she has said that she cannont bear to hear herself sing, and considers herself foremost a songwriter. Go girl!

Posted by: a fan | Jul 22, 2011 3:44:52 PM

14. She's funny as balls too. Anyone catch her on Chelsea Lately a while back? Google it if you missed it. She'd be a blast to have a beer with, I'm sure of it.

Posted by: JPH | Jul 22, 2011 5:05:23 PM

15. I love Adele. Her voice is so powerful and beautiful.

And in an age where so many singers get by on their looks and auto-tune, it is so incredibly refreshing to see someone who releases music that people love that doesn't rely on any flashy antics.

I hope that the success of Adele encourages record labels to foster more talent that is in the same vein as she.

Posted by: Matt | Jul 22, 2011 5:20:22 PM

16. @Matt - if only it were that easy - I think listeners have to be proactive if they want to hear more stuff like this and less auto-tune junk.

When we hear a real voice now we think there's something wrong with it - that is effed up.

Check out Holly Martin on
    A real voice. And bloody amazing

Posted by: fred | Jul 22, 2011 11:42:33 PM

17. There's a reason I love her soooo much, and this is one of them!

Posted by: Ryon Mikeska | Jul 23, 2011 9:53:58 AM

18. I know a good voice when I get goosebumps and this girl's voice gives me chills! This performance is live, folks. Real. Raw. Emotive. Genius.

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Jul 23, 2011 10:46:58 AM

19. Thank god for stylist cause chile.....

Posted by: xtincta | Jul 23, 2011 1:51:14 PM