2012 Election | Dan Savage | Google | News | Rick Santorum

BigGayDeal.com

Dan Savage Issues New Threat to Rick Santorum: VIDEO

Savage

Dan Savage has a new threat for Rick Santorum: unless the 2012 presidential hopeful starts being nice to gay people, he's going to have a much bigger Google problem, and a lot of angry Ricks coming after him.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Oh', Ricki, you're so fine...

Posted by: La Garza | Jul 27, 2011 7:06:30 AM

2. Brilliant

Posted by: Ian | Jul 27, 2011 7:12:36 AM

3. I second Ian!

Posted by: Alex Paris | Jul 27, 2011 7:27:50 AM

4. :D I wish this were serious.

Posted by: corvidae | Jul 27, 2011 7:36:00 AM

5. Perfection

Posted by: Nick | Jul 27, 2011 7:46:09 AM

6. Dan Savage is such a bad ass.

Posted by: Bgbo | Jul 27, 2011 7:49:14 AM

7. Very funny and what an idea! Let's see what Rick has to say this time.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 27, 2011 9:08:04 AM

8. Weapons Grade Gay!

Posted by: Abel | Jul 27, 2011 9:24:02 AM

9. I love Dan, but I prefer he keep restating the ridiculous things Santorum has said and keeps saying, but I'm a Rik.

Posted by: Rikard | Jul 27, 2011 9:46:37 AM

10. Rick Santorum is dead money.

Stop wasting your time.

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | Jul 27, 2011 10:00:39 AM

11. I loved the guy who was crying! Rick Santorum DOES need to "evolve already" on the gay thing (although now he never will). As much as I love Dan Savage, I think it is a waste of time at this point; Santorum is pretty much DOA for the presidential campaign... unless he runs for VP.

Posted by: Jim | Jul 27, 2011 10:07:46 AM

12. Too freakin' funny. Love me some Dan Savage.

Posted by: Glenn | Jul 27, 2011 10:08:07 AM

13. terrific!
    anything for bachmann? or romney??

Posted by: shane | Jul 27, 2011 10:08:46 AM

14. Love it!

Posted by: Bravo | Jul 27, 2011 10:35:15 AM

15. I don't think this is funny at all. It is a humorous way to blackmail someone.

Posted by: Clay | Jul 27, 2011 10:40:39 AM

16. Two things:

1. Clay - get over yourself. Santorum is vile.

2. Don't you love the Liberty University shirt that Dan is wearing! Haha!

Posted by: Mike Hung | Jul 27, 2011 10:56:44 AM

17. This is really not that amusing, but I suppose it feeds Savage's growing ego. Why do I have the feeling that his scatalogical antics will wind up backfiring on the gay community?

Posted by: prophet | Jul 27, 2011 11:32:26 AM

18. @ "MIKE HUNG"
    Regardless of how vile someone is, hijacking them on google or any type blackmail force is inexcusable. period!

Posted by: Clay | Jul 27, 2011 11:33:11 AM

19. Clay@ I'm with you. Dan is a cheezy sleeze in reality the minted obverse of Rick Santorum's coin, the filth he comes up with says just as much about himself.

Posted by: uffda | Jul 27, 2011 11:37:26 AM

20. dear prophet and clay... your stupidity is inexcusable, you can go now...we can handle it from here. If you don't like dan for whatever reason that's fine, but keep to yourself until you do better then him, 'cause your just showing how little you know about him or what we need.

Posted by: epic | Jul 27, 2011 11:43:37 AM

21. that's goes for uffda as well you can go clutch your pearls elsewhere...where you can talk about kittens and antiques and well leave the grownups alone

Posted by: epic | Jul 27, 2011 11:47:33 AM

22. @ Epic

You are Fckd in the head. So now people aren't supposed to have their own opinions and be allowed to express them if they aren't on the same page as you? Your cup sir runneth over with stupidity! And what exactlty do "we" need? More narrow minded idiots such as yourself? I think not! People like Dan Savage are constantly taking the low road and making a complete mockery of things. When people aren't taken seriously, how do you suppose we will ever move forward?

Posted by: Clay | Jul 27, 2011 11:52:50 AM

23. @Clay: So I guess you don't like the It Gets Better Project?

Posted by: RyanInSacto | Jul 27, 2011 12:37:34 PM

24. You people get that this is a JOKE, right? It has a secondary purpose of drawing attention to Republican gay-bashing, but Dan Savage is well aware that lightning isn't going to strike twice and he can't redefine "Rick" the way he was able to do with "Santorum."

However, since Santorum's "Google Problem" has gotten so much news this joky "threat" will draw attention as well, in a way that Savage just saying "I wish those darn Republicans would stop bashing gay people" never would. Savage's "santorum" strategy worked ONCE but it isn't going to work again for a LONG time if ever and he knows that. However, this video using celebrity "Ricks," even though it's an empty threat, is actually a brilliant way to bring Republican homophobic rhetoric to the forefront.

Changing the definition of Rick is a joke, Republican gay-bashing isn't, and that's the target here. Say what you will about DS (I love him) but he's a brilliant provocateur and propagandist. When YOU pull off a coup like ruining a homophobic politician's name or creating the It Gets Better campaign (which has been successful, for what it's worth, far beyond anyone's expectations, THEN you can whine about Savage's ego.

Posted by: Codswallop | Jul 27, 2011 12:40:44 PM

25. I love the Liberty U t-shirt! And I just noticed that Liberty U has pulled their anti-gay student conduct policy off of their public website.

Posted by: Marc | Jul 27, 2011 1:35:39 PM