Iowa Anti-Gay Conservative Leader Enjoys ‘Fag’ Joke: VIDEO

Igor Volsky notes:

"Vander Plaats’ reaction is not entirely surprising, since the group has previously compared homosexuality to the cancerous effects of second-hand smoking and links supports to ex-gay reparative therapy. What’s more telling is the willingness of Republican presidential candidates like Tim Pawlenty and Newt Gingrich to attend the group’s presidential forum and Michele Bachmann’s and Rick Santorum’s eagerness to sign its pledge."

Comments

1. Jere says

Has Iowa banned smoking state-wide? I had not heard this. I know that’s not the point, but, if you’re going to make a joke, at least make a joke that makes sense.

2. JTlvr says

@AMAEZM: I was just going to write that. Replace one slur for another and see how people react. Sounds like it’s the 1950s. All that ‘we don’t like them, and we don’t want them around’ talk.

So very Christian of them.

3. shello says

i cant wait for those smirks to wipe out from their faces. we will win someday, because good always triumphs over evil. people like these are not children of god at all. makes me sick!

4. Mark says

NIC

Your point being what exactly? You could go to the most liberal state and find people like this scumbag. They’re not about to go away because the church isn’t about to go away any time soon. What’s important is that they’re becoming a shrinking minority cause the younger people are nothing like them in attitudes.

5. adam says

looks like they’re at subway, per those tomato fixtures on the wall.

the video itself helps me draw my conclusions, while their meeting site standards strengthen my feelings.

6. Tris O says

Smoking is illegal basically anywhere indoors in Iowa except in private residences. I have no fondness for Vander Plaats, but I can’t hold this against him. I thought it was pretty funny :)

7. tinhouston says

I personally don’t see anything funny about this at all. like someone above said….what if the ‘n’ word had been used instead of “fag”. Don’t you know that the sky would fall in. Totally no.

8. Ioway says

Well personally, I say keep talking Vander Plaats (or MVP as he was known as a high school basketball coach/teacher) because the more you talk, the deeper hole you dig yourself into with mainstream America!!

9. says

But why replace F+g with N+gger? When a Black person says these things some of you on here call us those names anyway. So now this white guy is saying f=g…..Where are those racially motivatated angry and outraged statements at?….OH WAIT! OH NEVERMIND!

VanDerplatts is an a**hat anyway!