Welcome To The Club, Marcus Bachmann!

Bachmann_Gaydar

Being the husband of a presidential candidate sure has its perks.

Just ask Marcus Bachmann, whose ex-gay proselytizing has earned him a free life-time membership to the gay dating site Gaydar.net.

Said a Gaydar spokesperson, “Marcus Bachmann is popping up on everyone else’s gaydar, we figure he might want to be on the real Gaydar! With over six million members, we like to think Gaydar is the picture of inclusivity–from swarthy barbarians to piggy politicos–all are welcome!”

Gee, the gays sure are generous, huh?

Meanwhile, on a related note, journalist Andy Birkey from the Minnesota Independent wonders whether Mrs. Bachmann’s relationship with homophobic preacher Bradlee Dean will become a scandal akin to Barack Obama’s relationship with Jeremiah Wright, the reverend whose flippant “God damn America” remark nearly crippled the president’s 2008 campaign.

I think it’s possible, particularly since mainstream media has been discussing Mrs. Bachmann’s anti-gay history, but I also think homophobia’s far more accepted by voters than the nation’s rhetorical damnation.

Comments

1. Michael says

Every time I see or hear this man, I can’t help but wonder if he’s just fighting his own inner demons and can’t accept who he is. When will the rent boy scandal appear?

2. mike/ says

the first time i heard his voice, and i didn’t know who he was, my ‘gaydar’ went BOING!!!!

and the fact that their marriage was chosen by ‘god’ just like in the Old Testament only adds more haze to the manna they are spreading around…

3. BC says

Instead of all the typical snarky comments, how about addressing the question that was posed…will Bachmann’s relationship with a homophobic clergy member be of issue in the race as Rev. Wright was? I think yes and no. I think the issues are different. A clergy member being “anti-gay” is not a surprise. So many of them are “instructed” to be. So it’s not shocking. When Pres. Obama sits in a church for 20 years with a man who repeatedly said “God Damn America” and was excited that the country was attacked. THIS is surprising. Everyone has their right to choose their places of worship. And Obama could have still gone to Wright’s church, he would just need to explain why a prospective President would support those beliefs. There is no surprise in the Bachmann case.

And before some of you haters start attacking me…I am NO FAN of Bachmann. I don’t HATE her but I have no interest in seeing her win the GOP nomination. In fact, I would venture to say that liberals should be very nice to her – if she wins the nomination, Obama is a lock for a second term with no problem.

4. Matt says

It’s absolutely hilarious that Michele Bachman made the mistake referencing John Wayne Gacy instead of John Wayne a week or so ago.

Her husband looks exactly like the actor who played JWG in the movie “Gacy” and he was a big ole mo too!!! LOL!

5. says

@BC: The snark is warranted. Bachmann is married to a homophobic GAY man, and they both keep company with homophobic preachers. If she weren’t crazy in so many other ways, it would be a surprise. The mainstream media will be less surprised about the preacher than by the fact that martians could identify Michele’s main squeeze as a queen (not that there’s anything wrong with queens, just anti-gay ones).

I’d take Rev. Wright over some of these anti-gay wingdings any day, but since Obama is already President and Michele Bachmann will never get close to being in the White House, it isn’t worth typing more about that . . .

6. says

Between Michelle Bachman’s overreaction (running and screaming) from a lesbian asking a simple question in a bathroom, to hiding in the bushes at a gay pride event, and his running an ex-gay clinic while sounding like a purse is falling out of his mouth when he opens it, triggering everyone’s gaydar, I’m beginning to wonder if this is a “marriage of convenience”?