Christine O'Donnell | Gay Marriage | News | Piers Morgan

Christine O'Donnell Walks Off 'Piers Morgan Tonight' After Gay Nup Inquiry: Video

ODonnellMorgan

Former Senate candidate and current author Christine O'Donnell appeared on Piers Morgan's CNN show last night to discuss her new book, Troublemaker.

Though things went smoothly at the get-go, their exchange went downhill when Morgan began asking her about her past views, including her statements that masturbation is wrong.

After O'Donnell said she wouldn't address those comments, Morgan went on to ask the Tea Party favorite her opinion about gay marriage and Don't Ask, Don't Tell. O'Donnell wasn't having it, and told the host that he was being "a little bit rude."

She also wondered, "Don't you think as a host that if I say that's what I want to talk about that's what we should address?" To which Morgan replied, "Not really, no."

O'Donnell then got a cue from off-camera to wrap it up and promptly left. Morgan asked O'Donnell to reappear on his program this evening, but there's probably little chance that will happen.

Watch it all, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. piers better watch his back. nothing scarier than a vengeful witch!

Posted by: matt | Aug 18, 2011 7:31:02 AM

2. She just wants to hock the book, make a buck, and get the hell out of there. Piers wants to hold her accountable for her actions as well as her past comments. Politicians hate people with memory, they hate being held accountable for anything they've said or done. It's like direct sunlight to a vampire.

Posted by: Beau | Aug 18, 2011 7:37:10 AM

3. Yes, but it's an important and relevant social issue right now, which makes many on the left critical of the Tea Party. I guess Tea Party people don't realize when they say things like 'homosexuality is immoral', it makes some people critical of their ability to comprehend a diverse society.

She could have just stated her view, and instead, she said 'well, I want you to ask me the questions that I want you to ask me!'

She literally called him 'rude' because he asked her his own questions, instead of hers.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't she on his show? Wasn't he the interviewer? I wasn't aware that interviewees get to select the questions they want you to ask them. Man, I'm not a professional interviewer, but it's truly sad if politicians are no longer expected to be able to give a response to an un-scripted question.

Witness the 'Palin effect' : politicians now expect to be elected to office, via playing a mindless character in a play, with scripted lines, and a curtain that closes when anyone asks them questions concerning their views. Or any question requiring them to give a thoughtful response, or any question that holds them accountable for their past statements. Any question deviating from the script = rude!

It really does make a mockery of American politics when the bar has been set that low. She's treating politics like reality tv, instead of like, an actual job requiring a decent level of intelligence to perform.

Posted by: HOCKEYJOCK | Aug 18, 2011 7:41:33 AM

4. her religious beliefs are a little rude.

Posted by: kodiak | Aug 18, 2011 7:47:47 AM

5. She's so pretty, though! And by "pretty," I mean, "stupid and hateful."

Posted by: Thomas C. | Aug 18, 2011 7:52:24 AM

6. I'm wondering why she was even on the program. Serves Morgan right for having on a moron who made some news on the basis of her craziness, who lost an election, to hock a book that I'm guessing must be rather lame. What's newsworthy about her at this point?

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Aug 18, 2011 7:53:59 AM

7. Literally not ready for prime-time.

Posted by: Jimmy | Aug 18, 2011 8:00:27 AM

8. Well to be fair to her, it's probably difficult to discuss the contents of book that was likely ghost written by someone else.

Posted by: Andy | Aug 18, 2011 8:20:22 AM

9. Can we not banish Christine O'Donnell into the outer darkness and never again expose outselves to her stupid religious catholic bigotry.

Posted by: Frank | Aug 18, 2011 8:30:52 AM

10. She’s astonishingly self-important.

Posted by: ptx | Aug 18, 2011 8:34:09 AM

11. @Andy: I don't think it was "likely written by someone else," unless you consider 100% odds to be likely.

What a stupid woman. Her team can certainly control hacks like those at Fox "News," but they need to be more careful about exposing her to actual journalists. I predict the book will sell about 100 copies.

It's funny, for a little while I used to get her confused with Michelle Bachman. And I don't even feel stupid for making that mistake.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 18, 2011 8:46:46 AM

12. I see she has slid into the nether regions of her peers, Palin and Sharron Angle. Bachman is not as bad... yet. I suspect she will be. I think Christine O'Donnell is very dim witted. I am surprised she did not win, considering some of the other space bats that were voted into office.

Posted by: Island Girly | Aug 18, 2011 9:29:59 AM

13. It still amazes me how these politicians still think headline hot topics are somehow inappropriate to be asked about. Oh... I know why they want to avoid them, but this feigned indignation needs to stop. They just need to be open and honest and say, "I believe Gays are abominations and pure evil and need to be eradicated from the face of the Earth."
    I'd almost respect them for being honest.
    Almost.

Posted by: JimmyD | Aug 18, 2011 9:33:41 AM

14. Republican or Tea Party, getting to be the same as Stupid=Idiotic=Hypocrite=Religious and Evasive. What more can one say, It's all about her and what she wants you to believe about her, NOT about facts.

And she has jumped on the Publishing BANDWAGON to make the $bucks$. She insisted "it's" in the book, but wouldn't talk about "it," hoping it will cause many to buy the book!

MARKETING FOLKS, IT'S all about MARKETING! And I would bet the GHOST WRITER is already working on the SEQUEL!

Posted by: Lonewillow | Aug 18, 2011 9:41:42 AM

15. not the brightest bulb on the great white way. this woman is just another self promoting bigot with a pea size brain.

Posted by: walter | Aug 18, 2011 9:56:56 AM

16. http://www.amazon.com/Troublemaker-Takes-America-Great-Again/dp/0312643055/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313672376&sr=1-1

You can comment on her book if you want ...

Posted by: Raybob | Aug 18, 2011 9:59:19 AM

17. Republican+Bimbo=Rimbo=Palin=Bachman=O'Donnell
    The Republicans should be ashamed of themselves for not promoting women of substance like Susan Collins and Kay Bailey Hutchison and instead catering to heterosexist fantasies like these whiny, hip-jutting, self-promoters.

Posted by: Troy | Aug 18, 2011 10:01:29 AM

18. This was like Deja vu with Bachmann's Meet the Press interview on Sunday, 14-August. Watch it on Youtube if you haven't already. Bachmann was confronted with her "Gay is part of Satan" crap, of which she wouldn't answer except to say she was "running for president". These folks are running like cockroaches when confronted with their ridiculous pseudo-religious anti-gay rhetoric. Why, because they know that while it may play well in their own wingnut circles the vast majority of the country think they are nuts.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 18, 2011 10:02:22 AM

19. Maybe she's used to Fox news - where conservatives get asked all the questions they want to answer.

Wait Piers - this isn't in the talking points!

Posted by: mike128 | Aug 18, 2011 10:04:04 AM

20. Wow. Just wow.

Posted by: Davelandia | Aug 18, 2011 10:14:41 AM

21. Don't you just love these people who damand the spotlight, can't get enough of the spotlight, and then demand to control it's glare. Sorry hun, you can't have it both ways. You want the attention, you have to deal with the consequences; some of which are going to make you uncomfortable.

Or better yet, just get the hell off the stage. My vote is for the latter.

Posted by: mytwocents | Aug 18, 2011 10:22:54 AM

22. This is the start of the Tea Party/Republican Party's new agenda to deflect their hate and intended discrimination of LBGT as to not alienated voters who may be weary or turned off by such talk. They have learned that their Hate Speech is losing them support in areas of Progressives. So their strategy is to wait until (possibly) elected, then Trojan Horse the public with their policies of hate and discrimination against LBGT People.

Posted by: Richard Crawford | Aug 18, 2011 10:30:45 AM

23. I have to say, she speaks and answers questions WAY better than Bachmann. She still doesn't answer things.

Posted by: gant powell | Aug 18, 2011 10:37:02 AM

24. When these Republican women get challenged, ALL feminism goes out the window and they quickly become delicate violets that must be treated like ladies. You can't help but notice how Palin, Bachmann and O'Donnell go to the "rude" and "pity" well when they are challenged over their misinformation and crazy views; views that they once were very proud of and never missed an opportunity to share with anyone, whether they wanted to here them or not!

What annoys me even more is when NOW comes to the defense of Bachmann and claim that she's being treated unfairly because she's a woman when in fact she's being treated much more delicately because she's a woman. THAT'S what NOW should be pissed off about.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Aug 18, 2011 11:50:12 AM

25. Heifer needs to learn the difference between an INTERVIEW, in which people get to ask you questions, and a SPEECH, where you you get to say what you want and only that.

"Where does this talk-show host get off asking me questions?!"

I'll tell you what the real deal is. Word has come from on high in the GOP to STFU about Teh Ghey. It's too "divisive." Instead they're supposed to insist they only want to talk about "The Issues," not that minor stuff like queers and marriage. They'll wait until their asses hit the chair if they're elected to break out their industrial-sized can of Gay-B-Gone and start laying waste.

Posted by: Codswallop | Aug 18, 2011 11:55:59 AM