Chord Overstreet | Chris Colfer | Cory Monteith | Darren Criss | Glee | Harry Shum jr. | News | Village People

Darren Criss, Mark Salling, Chris Colfer, Cory Monteith, Harry Shum, and Chord Overstreet as the 'Village People': PHOTO

Glee

The above photo of a few male Glee cast members, tweeted last night by Mark Salling, is, according to some, a fan-created Tumblr image and not a still from a forthcoming episode, unfortunately. But one can dream. Who wouldn't want to see Criss as a young leather daddy?

Comments

1. I don't know about Criss, but the stubble guy in the new banner looks like he could be pretty hot.

Posted by: MG | Aug 1, 2011 9:58:39 AM

2. Who would have thought that in a picture imitating/celebrating the Village People (the gayest group in history) the one person who looks completely out of place is the one who is openly gay?

Posted by: TampaZeke | Aug 1, 2011 10:09:33 AM

3. Ahhh, The Village Gleeple, lol.

Posted by: SONNIE | Aug 1, 2011 10:11:25 AM

4. Tampazeke, good catch.

Mmmmm....Cory Monteith.....mmmmmmmmm.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Aug 1, 2011 10:26:39 AM

5. Ah, my teenage years are coming back to me now. I cringe now, but back in the day I *loved* the Village People. I was still in high school and deep in the closet, but I loved the cowboy, the construction work and the leatherman (who I understand has since passed away from cancer, sigh).

Posted by: justinw | Aug 1, 2011 10:26:43 AM

6. So by process of elimination, Chord is the construction worker? I'm not good when people are in costumes; I have friends who do drag and I never recognize them in character.h

I have a similar picture of several (straight) roommates and me doing the Village People 20 years ago. We won a Halloween contest. Oh, the things I could get those (hot) guys to do! Then a couple years later the Village People performed in my college town, and afterward attended a party hosted by a friend. He had sex with the Indian. I believe that two, not one, of the original members are dead, and a straight friend got in an argument with them because during the show they kept throwing out panties and asserting their (laughable) hetero bona fides.

If Chord is leaving the series, I wonder why he's doing this shot.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 1, 2011 10:42:52 AM

7. So this is a photoshop? It says this was a fan created image. It must be b/c Darren isn't that furry and chubby.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Aug 1, 2011 10:50:25 AM

8. I most definitely would NOT want to see Criss as a leather daddy or as anything else.

Posted by: jerry | Aug 1, 2011 10:58:38 AM

9. Weren't there only five village people? Their blank young faces make them look completely asexual. Happy Halloween.

Posted by: anon | Aug 1, 2011 12:03:26 PM

10. Yeah this is definitely shopped. Skin tones don't match from faces to arms and faces don't quite sit correctly on heads.

Posted by: huh? | Aug 1, 2011 1:25:54 PM

11. And that hairy belly is definitely not Darren Criss.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Aug 1, 2011 1:44:50 PM

12. This is a better than average PhotoShop, but a Photoshop nonetheless. As Huh? said, the skin tones don't match. Also, the shading/lighting is way too off on Chris Colfer.

Posted by: TNardi | Aug 1, 2011 3:26:00 PM

13. Never was too attracted to Darren Criss. Until NOW. Me likey big time.

Posted by: Freddie | Aug 1, 2011 5:18:25 PM

14. Who is that as the cop? Since Mercedes is the only black person on the show, it almost must be her!

Posted by: HellsCook | Aug 1, 2011 7:35:48 PM

15. the cop is Puck

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Aug 1, 2011 7:37:32 PM

16. I have seen the Village People perform several times, in recent years, and they are Still Great! They (and Disco) are Pure Fun, and at their/our/my age can still move!
    See them if you can...while you can!
    I even paid for a VIP ticket at the last event, where we got to meet them, have pix taken and stand right up to the stage while they performed!
    Felipe gave me a feather...and, no that's Not Code!

^^X^^

Posted by: Bruce Wayne | Aug 1, 2011 9:38:30 PM

17. Thats cool! Artie is left out again for a character that isnt even part of the same glee club! Terrific! Way to be progressive!

Posted by: Toto | Aug 2, 2011 1:48:23 AM

18. I love how Andy continues to delude himself into thinking that his sexual fantasies regarding Darren Criss qualify as legitimate news.

Posted by: bobby | Aug 2, 2011 8:57:43 AM

19. Daren Criss is my future husband, but now that he is the leather daddy of the crew my life is complete!! ;]

Posted by: Chris | Aug 2, 2011 10:06:43 PM

20. Paul R - are your friend's initials GC?

Posted by: jhr459 | Aug 3, 2011 3:26:44 AM

21. @Paul R,

the construction worker is Kevin McHale, who plays Artie, not Chord.

Posted by: E | Aug 3, 2011 9:58:27 PM