Couples | Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | Minneapolis | Minnesota | News

BigGayDeal.com

Patrick and Scott Tie the Knot in Minnesota: VIDEO

Patrick_scott

Towleroad readers Patrick and Scott sent us this clip of their wedding in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where a measure to ban same-sex marriage will be on the ballot in November.

Writes the couple: "Although our marriage is not legal yet, here's hoping it will be soon."

Patrick and Scott's wedding was beautifully shot by John Hoel, who writes:

"It was truly a day I'll never forget and I was so honored to have captured it. Elizabeth couldn't have put it more eloquently during the ceremony, 'When our law lags behind, people continue to live their truth and create their own version of a family, and this is what Patrick and Scott are deciding to do today.' In lieu of wedding gifts they asked guests to contact their members of congress in support of repealing the defense of marriage act - and if you could do the same that would be amazing. contactingthecongress.org/​."

Also a reminder that in the midst of Bachmann country and bullying school districts there are gay couples making loving commitments despite the hate.

Watch an antidote to the weekend Kardashian wedding orgy, AFTER THE JUMP...

Patrick + Scott from John Hoel on Vimeo.

Comments

1. The film maker did such a good job of capturing and then editing this! If I ever get married, I'd want Mr. Hoel to shoot it. Congratulations Patrick and Scott. Your wedding made me cry.

Posted by: TooBoot | Aug 22, 2011 9:48:34 AM

2. Most awesome video. This needs to go viral. All the best to the couple. We shall overcome, one day.

Posted by: Mark | Aug 22, 2011 9:54:17 AM

3. Beuatiful. Love, happiness.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 22, 2011 9:55:38 AM

4. Wow. That video brought tears to my eyes. All the best to Patrick + Scott.

Posted by: Paul | Aug 22, 2011 9:56:04 AM

5. Beautiful

Posted by: Bastian | Aug 22, 2011 10:03:38 AM

6. This is a great video but also potentially a nightmare one... can you imagine if they break up later and one of them sits on a couch eating a tub of ice cream while watching this?! Much more painful than some wedding album. I know, I'm horrible for even thinking it.

Posted by: scott | Aug 22, 2011 10:15:50 AM

7. Amazing video that captures the reality of the love of countless couples in MinnesotaI It's too bad that in the commentary by Mr. Towle chose to mention that Bachmann person. While geographically close to Minneapolis, her ideology and hatred couldn't be further from the hearts and minds of most Minnesotans.

Celebrate the love, ignore or at least marginalize the hate.

Posted by: Greg | Aug 22, 2011 10:19:07 AM

8. great video....beautiful

Posted by: Gay American | Aug 22, 2011 10:19:31 AM

9. First: @Scott: Wow. You must be such a delight to be with-YIKES

Second: This was perhaps the greatest thing I've seen in a while-what a great ceremony-and to see all these people celebrating their lives! And yes-I definitely want this person to shoot my wedding! WOW~~~

Much happiness, and Mozel Tov to Patrick & Scott!!! May your lives be long upon this earth!

Posted by: JTramon | Aug 22, 2011 10:37:52 AM

10. As a proud gay man that calls Minneapolis his home I am incredibly proud that these two men are able to celebrate in the way they did. Also as a proud member of the staff of the Loring Pasta Bar and Varsity Theater where the wedding was held I can not express what a great day to be at work this was. The love and compassion of all that were involved was incredible, magical even. After being able to experience this event and now sharing it with others I hope that the message is clear to all. Love is the answer. It is a simple one at that but powerful. I hope to be a part of many more celebrations like this one throughout my life and one day even experience it first hand. This is a true representation of the wonderful loving people that live in our great city!! Love and peace Towleroad readers! Pass this video along, everyone should see it!

Posted by: Wesley | Aug 22, 2011 11:59:46 AM

11. Well, it would have been fine except that I was crying through the whole thing so my vision of the video was a little watery.

Other than that, Patrick and Scott -- may you have many, many years together. You are a lovely couple.

Posted by: John | Aug 22, 2011 12:05:46 PM

12. WOW...I cried throughout the whole video also. It was so beautiful. Congrats Patrick and Scott--may you always be happy and in love with each other! The whole celebration was lovely including the handsome couple!

Posted by: javo | Aug 22, 2011 12:28:51 PM

13. Thrilling. What a pleasure to watch and appreciate. Sweet guys and palpable good feeling in an outstanding small film. Thanks for posting this most upbeat of documents. Truly the human and humane leadership of our society has run far ahead of officialdom.

Posted by: uffda | Aug 22, 2011 12:33:39 PM

14. I'm not really a crier, but I am just weeping with joy for Patrick, Scott, and all the wonderful people who chose to be a part of the couple's most special of days. This video was done with such care that I can't imagine how it could've been any better. (And yes it'd be a wonderful thing to go viral.)

May they enjoy many years of happiness together.

Posted by: sparks | Aug 22, 2011 1:00:20 PM

15. Wow! So beautiful! And I love the box of letters (with a small bottle of wine). Not only will they have something wonderful to look forward to, they also managed to give a lesbian element (beside the vests) to the wedding by having a craft to do at the altar.

Posted by: Frank Butterfield | Aug 22, 2011 1:33:56 PM

16. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing this with us. (I'm guessing that either Patrick or Scott is a graphic designer—the details were great)

Posted by: Wayne | Aug 22, 2011 1:51:57 PM

17. As one of Patrick's (and Scott's) "groomsmaids"... I couldn't have been more honored to be a part of their special day. My children were also a part of the ceremony and I'm so thankful that they think nothing of the fact that they were in "Uncle" Patrick's wedding and that he was marrying another man. It was one of the most special days I've ever been a part of - you could feel the love and support surrounding them all day long! Thanks to everyone for watching and appreciating this beautiful video... I am so lucky to have these two as very close friends and I hope that this video helps send the message of love and acceptance to all those who still just don't get it. LOVE WHO U LOVE!

Posted by: Tracy | Aug 22, 2011 2:10:38 PM

18. Congratulations!

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 22, 2011 6:12:02 PM

19. Thanks for all the well wishes everyone~

-Patrick

Posted by: Patrick | Aug 22, 2011 6:17:34 PM

20. EQUAL RIGHTS, NOT SPECIAL RIGHTS. Really it is pretty simple.....

This is a wonderful video to look back in future years to see the way you all danced. LOL...no seriously, this is great video, and yes i think it should go viral so everyone can see how natural it is for 2 men or 2 women to come together in such a way. Beautifully constructed and flowing piece. Congratulations to everyone involved with this. And of course---Patrick and Scott, you guys are terrific.
    Thanks for sharing your moment with us all.

Posted by: tinhouston | Aug 22, 2011 7:07:11 PM

21. MAKE THIS VIRAL!

SERIOUSLY! SPREAD FAR AND WIDE!

I openly wept while watching this. Also, it was probably the best-filmed wedding video I've ever seen. BRILLIANT!

Posted by: Derek in Madison | Aug 22, 2011 7:20:27 PM

22. Now THIS is the Minneapolis I know, not the Pawlenty/Bachmann mess we are having to put up with now... Congrats Patrick and Scott!!

Posted by: WayneMPLS | Aug 22, 2011 8:53:24 PM

23. Great. Thanks for making your wedding celebration public. It's interesting how many of the people posting say they cried while watching. It's deep. I think it touches people way down deep inside their hearts. I mean, it's such a new thing so long in coming there is almost a disbelief that it's really happening, and tears are the proof of this. You've filled my heart with joy. Thank You.

Posted by: kodiak | Aug 22, 2011 9:37:24 PM

24. Beautiful.

Posted by: Fielder | Aug 22, 2011 11:47:58 PM

25. It doesn't get any more real or beautiful than what you've shared with us with this video. Long lives and exquisite love to both of you...

Posted by: Kevino | Aug 23, 2011 12:00:12 AM