News: Eruption, Nepal, Stage Collapse, Prince Harry

Mtetna  road About 60 same-sex couples will tie the knot in Taiwan as part of an effort to legalize marriage equality there. "We are celebrating the recent legalisation of gay marriage in New York and we hope that Taiwan will make the same move in the near future," said event organizer AJ Wang. "We also want the public to see that so many gay couples are committed to each other and they deserve to be recognised and treated fairly."

road Roaches go gaga for Lady Gaga.

road Sicily's Mount Etna erupts as sunbathers soak up the rays.

road Because the world needs more pictures of David Beckham getting wet and wild.

road Five dead after stage collapses at Indiana State Fair: "The main stage collapsed on a crowd waiting for a Sugarland performance Saturday night at the Indianapolis fair after being blasted by winds as strong as 60 to 70 mph, according to the National Weather Service."

road Is this NSFW picture really Zac Efron showing himself off?

road Adam Lambert shows off boyfriend Sauli Koskinen at 2011 Los Angeles Equality Awards.

road Swedish pop duo Koralleven remix Britney Spears' "Til The World Ends." And it is good.

Dbbeach  road New book reveals Coco Chanel's intimate relationship with Nazi party.

road Disney has halted production on the Johnny Depp-starring Lone Ranger movie.

road Prince Harry stars in new BBC documentary about his trip to visit wounded troops in the Arctic.

road Historic rally: "Hundreds of gay, lesbian, transgender people marched with supporters in a southern Nepal town today to demand equal rights under a new constitution the country is in the process of writing. The estimated 500 demonstrators danced, chanted slogans and marched around Narayanghat, a town about 100 miles south of the capital of Katmandu today, which is also Nepal's traditional festival of Gaijatra honouring the dead."

road Straight women love Atlantic City's new gay club.

road Slipping? "Barack Obama's base is behind another term for the president, according to a new CNN/ORC International poll.  Seven in 10 Democrats say they'd like to see Obama as their party's presidential nominee next year. That figure may seem promising, but support for Obama's re-nomination has fallen 11 percentage points since June."

Comments

1. Good Lord, Prince Harry is HOT!

Posted by: Mike | Aug 14, 2011 3:19:49 PM

2. The Efron pic is proven to be fake:

Posted by: Tony | Aug 14, 2011 3:24:25 PM

3. Harry is hot and I hope his body is not covered with ugly tats.

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 14, 2011 4:38:43 PM

4. Groups of straight women who come to gay male bars are inappropriate. The bachelorette parties, in particular, flaunt federal marriage privileges in front of the oppressed, who are systematically denied those privileges. Gay men often gather in gay bars to socialize and to cruise; groups of straight women disrupt the socialization and cruising, and they should know that they're not welcome. It's simply a matter of deference and manners.

Posted by: Matt | Aug 14, 2011 5:22:55 PM

5. It is really, really, really too bad that the Zac Efron pic is fake. Really, really.

Posted by: Jason 2 | Aug 14, 2011 6:09:00 PM

6. Johnny Depp as the Lone Ranger? Is he going to gay it up? I'd take a look at that. Who's Tonto?

Posted by: Fair Question | Aug 14, 2011 8:11:19 PM

7. Depp is playing Tonto- there was another attempt at big budget Lone Ranger movie and it was bomb and no I don't think this is "Brokeback Mountain" with Indians

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 14, 2011 9:30:12 PM

8. During a recent trip to Chicago, I noticed several signs in gay bars in Boystown that read: "No Bachelorette Parties!" When I asked why, one bartender told me "They act like pigs, make a mess and don't tip. We hate them."

Posted by: Brian | Aug 14, 2011 10:32:22 PM

9. I've always felt that Prince Harry is the "handsome" one. I surely hope he gets opportunity now and then to enjoy his "own" life instead of being forever on the move from one pony show to another. Thank you, Prince Harry, for your kind attention.

Posted by: Bill Michael | Aug 15, 2011 2:48:47 AM

10. Prince Harry, unlike his brother, is seemingly getting hotter with each passing year, and along with that, it is also becoming quite obvious that he is NOT Prince Charles' biological son.

And Matt, you are probably lousy company in ANY venue, gay, bi, or straight.

Posted by: Rick S. | Aug 15, 2011 4:22:44 AM

11. Believe you will love it.

We have good reputation, fashion products,

come here quickly== http://www.jordanforworld.com

Opportunity knocks but once

Posted by: zhongrto | Aug 15, 2011 4:29:11 AM

12. Since my comment wasn't posted the first time, I'm going to try again. We'll see if it goes through this time.

" . . . they should know that they're not welcome." Geez, Matt. I didn't realize that tolerance was a one-way street. Bacherlorette parties -- and the women who attend them -- are annoying, but who cares if they want to go to a gay bar? I always bring my girl friends to a gay club -- it takes the pressure off. I'm assuming you stay clear of non-gay bars then, Matt? If it's good for the judgmental goose . . .

I'm not a die-hard Britney fan, but I've always loved her remixes. The remix EPs for "Hold It Against Me" and "Till the World Ends" were kick-ass, and the Koralleven remix takes the latter song to a nice apocalyptic and very cool place. Love it.

I'm loving your posts, Andrew.

Posted by: finkles2000 | Aug 15, 2011 5:26:28 AM

13. @Rick S.: Prince Harry is the image of his grandfather, Prince Philip. They have the same build, the same nose, the same jawline, the same crooked smile (that his father Charles also has), and the same too-close-together eyes (and I say that in the kindest way, I find Harry quite handsome myself).

He looks nothing like that guy Diana had the affair with, not even close. If you wonder where the red came from, look at Diana's brother.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Aug 15, 2011 8:31:23 AM

14. Maybe its just my computer but what's up with the random David Beckham picture? I'm not complaining but it seems kinda random

Posted by: Steve | Aug 15, 2011 4:41:18 PM