Chris Evans | News

On the Objectification of Chris Evans

Chris_Evans

Now that he's Captain America, Chris Evans has apparently thrown out his silly ban on gratuitous shirtlessness,as evidenced by his lawyer wardrobe in Puncture.

Yet he still thinks he needs a butt double. Says Evans of his role in What's Your Number with Anna Faris:

"My butt double is my roommate in Boston! He's a kid I grew up with. Anna said she got a butt double for the bay scene. My buddy Zach was like, 'Who's going to be your butt double?' and I said, 'I don't know. Do you want the gig?' I brought him down, he met the director, did a little spin around and boom -- he's in the movie! He's got a great ass."

That is all.

Watch the trailer for Puncture, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Posted 7:15 AM EST by Andy Towle in Chris Evans, News | Permalink

Andy, I want to be in Chris Evans too! (bet there's plenty of room).

Posted by: tweedle | Sep 27, 2011 7:50:51 AM

2. He's clearly trying to start up some gay rumors. Why would a movie star need a roommate, especially in Boston?

Posted by: gary | Sep 27, 2011 7:58:49 AM

3. to that end why would he need gay "rumors" his brother is out and proud... seems unlikely for something chris would need to use as any sort of career vehicle

Posted by: epic | Sep 27, 2011 8:25:29 AM

4. Ugh. I won't be seeing this movie; it looks awful. And I'm about tired of Chris Evans' diva act.

Paging Paul Walker. Paging Paul Walker.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Sep 27, 2011 9:49:43 AM

5. I think his comment is the type of comment only someone very secure in their sexuality would make. Makes me like him more.

Posted by: AJ | Sep 27, 2011 9:50:57 AM

6. When you look like Chris you can be all the Diva you want to be...........

Posted by: Rob West | Sep 27, 2011 11:14:09 AM

7. I like the first 22 seconds of the trailer...

Posted by: Jon | Sep 27, 2011 12:07:02 PM

8. I wanted to see the butt double!!!!!

Posted by: Matt | Sep 27, 2011 12:39:38 PM

9. I would like to see his brother be his butt-double. ;-)

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | Sep 27, 2011 1:02:03 PM

10. Hate to burst his bubble, but the only reason I would watch one of his films is for the gratuitous nudity. It certainly would not be for his thespian prowess, and I would not shell out good money to see an unknown "butt double". Next.

Posted by: ynot | Sep 27, 2011 1:24:37 PM

11. Now we know why he was kept shirted; too many tats. Actors are supposed to be a blank canvas to paint on.

Posted by: Sam | Sep 27, 2011 2:12:26 PM

12. Many of those tats are fake for the movie, so get over it

Posted by: crip | Sep 27, 2011 4:23:51 PM

13. Looks awful, but I think it's funny that gay rumors would be considered a career vehicle. And in the next minute gay rumors are a career killer. Which is it?

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 28, 2011 5:44:58 AM

14. nypd - IS NYPD. But what,s understand? We believed and believe in that- more rights, more discipline and more freedom=love.
    why YOU must afraid? CAPITAN FROM POLICE?-big, full of power, real, and no ours enemy.
    We know -what,s is enemY- FEAR FROM ENEMIES.

Posted by: APARTAGON | Feb 19, 2012 10:41:26 AM

15. Actors like Mark Wahlberg didn't just have a roommate, they lived with an entourage. He tells of the day he showed them his new house and they were calling rooms until he broke it to them that the house was strictly for him and his wife.

As a compromise they put in bunk beds in one room so they could stay over but not overstay their welcome.

Having a room mate despite his wealth is probably just because he wants company or likes to hang out. Making his friend his butt double is him probably just trying to help his friend get some easy work.

Posted by: Kenny | Apr 12, 2014 9:36:30 PM

16. Does he really have all those ugly tattoos? if so, way to destroy a perfect body.

Posted by: Jay | Apr 16, 2014 10:05:48 AM