Cheyenne Jackson of Glee Just Got Married!

For everyone with a crush on Cheyenne Jackson out there, I've got sad news: you're too late. Jackson, of Glee, has married his long-time partner Monte Lapka (a physicist) in New York, announcing today on his Twitter: "It's official, after 11 years together, Zora's no longer a bastard. Married the best man I've ever known."

(Zora is their dog, by the way.)

And here's the happy, debonair couple. Awwwwwww!

Cheyennejackson

CORRECTION AND CONFESSION: In an earlier version of this post, I said Cheyenne Jackson was just cast for Glee. What a horrible mistake of mine. He is already on Glee. Which leads to my difficult confession: I've never seen an episode of Glee.

Comments

1. E. says

I’m not one to usually make comments of this nature, but I feel it has to be said here: Cheyenne Jackson is a pretty major musical theater actor, and much more famous for his achievements in that field than for his (so far) relatively tiny part in Glee.
    Congrats to the stunning couple!

2. Anonymous says

Congratulations.. these “role model” couples have a huge positive impact. I’m disappointed there was no NYT wedding announcement today.

3. LOrionn says

It’s worth watching one. But too juvenile and cast looks way to adult. Still a different fun show. .. and CONGRATS! to happy couple! Many Happy Returns.

4. Abel says

Don’t feel bad, Penn. I’ve never seen it either. Don’t even know how to begin now, so I probably won’t. Someday maybe I’ll rent the series or something. Or not. It doesn’t feel obligatory. I have seen a few clips that I enjoyed.

5. says

My husband and I are great fans of Glee (ok, maybe me more so) and of Cheyenne Jackson – he’s a fabulous singer. Weare very happy for them – Congrats! Now maybe Dora will finally get that little brother or sister she’s been waiting for! :-)

6. spraypaintedgold says

It is necessary to use the word partner? They were boyfriends, now they’re husbands.

I’ve never seen an episode of Glee, either.

7. Tom says

Yowza, Monte’s as dishy in his own way as Cheyenne (and taller too, 6’5″). Congrats to the beautiful couple!

8. M. says

AlexM: True or not (and I give no particular credence to anybody’s “I hear”), why on earth was that comment necessary?

Also, for those non-Glee fans, Cheyenne has a recurring role on “30 Rock” as well.

Congrats to the happy couple!

9. Paul says

Cheyenne told a funny story which occurred while he was starring in ‘Finian’s Rainbow’ on Broadway (in which I might add, he was absolutely marvelous). He came home after the show one night, exhilarated that he’d signed dozens and dozens of autographs at the stage door. Monte replied “That’s great honey. It’s your turn to empty the dishwasher”. You gotta love a couple like that.