Chaz Bono | Dancing with the Stars | Keith Ablow | Megyn Kelly | News | Transgender

BigGayDeal.com

FOX News Anchor Megyn Kelly Rips Keith Ablow Over Allegations That Chaz Bono Will Make Kids Change Gender: VIDEO

Kelly

FOX News anchor Megyn Kelly rips Dr. Keith Ablow for "adding to the hate" against transgender people in response to his FOX News editorial suggesting that Chaz Bono on Dancing with the Stars would cause children to want to switch gender.

Says Kelly: "I think the viewers get this...Our children are no more likely to turn transgender from watching Chaz Bono than they are to turn gay by watching Will & Grace. You either are, or you're not."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Reason from Fox News?!

I think I'm getting a case if the vapors! Ohhh, where is my fainting couch?!

Posted by: Caliban | Sep 14, 2011 7:34:37 PM

2. LOL John Stewart was right

having a baby and cutting her hair has turned her into a semi-lib nice human being

Posted by: say what | Sep 14, 2011 7:47:44 PM

3. Clearly she was replaced with a reprogrammed cloned while away on maternity leave this summer. That's the only way I can come to terms with the fact that she's made sense and I've agreed with her on more than on occasion in just a matter of weeks. Maybe the right has gone too far even for some members of FOX's regime.

Posted by: James C | Sep 14, 2011 7:52:21 PM

4. "I like being with the home team on this one, so you'll give me time to explain."

Posted by: Timothy in DC | Sep 14, 2011 7:52:31 PM

5. I never in a million years thought I would hear myself say this.....
    MEGAN KELLY....THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

Posted by: Paul | Sep 14, 2011 7:57:35 PM

6. @Timothy - exactly. So telling.

Posted by: Craig | Sep 14, 2011 8:02:31 PM

7. what the hell is going on right now?!?

Posted by: eds | Sep 14, 2011 8:03:46 PM

8. The woman has unexpected depth!

Posted by: greg | Sep 14, 2011 8:05:33 PM

9. What is this delightful bizzaro world we have stumbled into?

Posted by: Spudger | Sep 14, 2011 8:05:49 PM

10. Wow, thank you Megyn Kelly!

Posted by: ichabod | Sep 14, 2011 8:13:14 PM

11. Woah, I shouldn't have watched that interview. All of a sudden, I'm going bald. Damn!

Posted by: Zlick | Sep 14, 2011 8:25:55 PM

12. That isn't Megyn Kelly! What have they done with her?

Posted by: Mike | Sep 14, 2011 8:52:16 PM

13. Umm...I'm lost. This is Fox News, right?

Posted by: Keppler | Sep 14, 2011 9:01:30 PM

14. Megan Kelly, thank you.

"Dr. Ablow", your name says it all.

Posted by: bkmn | Sep 14, 2011 9:03:06 PM

15. Allow me to echo everyone else when I say wtf is going on here?! This must really have pissed off Fox's key demographic of mildly demented 65-year-olds.

Posted by: Poison | Sep 14, 2011 9:13:03 PM

16. So, what I got is that... Transgenders are zebras? Just kidding, but this stupid guy can’t even begin to understand the difference between biological gender and psychological one (provided by culture), so he has to get back to school or do a course. Nah… he is just a bigot.

Posted by: Lexxvs | Sep 14, 2011 9:19:49 PM

17. How lonely must it be for a bigot when even Faux News outs you?

Terrific Job, Megan - Finally Fair and Balanced. One time in a million Faux news lives up to its tag line.

Posted by: Robert | Sep 14, 2011 9:37:08 PM

18. Wow this coming from Megyn Kelly from FAUX News?! I'm dumbstruck!

Megyn Kelly apologizing for her remark in 3...2...

Posted by: gayalltheway | Sep 14, 2011 9:55:28 PM

19. Never forget that Megyn Kelly compared gays to pedophiles during the debate over the hate crimes bill.

Never forget that she defended Justice Scalia when he said that gay sex should be viewed with the same contempt as murder. She actually said on air that it wasn't an attack on the LGBT community.

How is equating being gay with committing murder NOT an attack on the gay community?

It does seem true that something has softened her position on gays though.

She has also done some horribly racist segments on her show. She breathlessly hyped an isolated incident where two men were harassing people on a street corner near a voting center for months as the resurgence of a national Black Panther movement.

Posted by: Josh | Sep 14, 2011 10:12:10 PM

20. Miss Kelly probably needs to have some conservative chips replaced on her motherboard. She's going to end up on CNN soon at this rate.

Posted by: Jerry | Sep 14, 2011 10:25:03 PM

21. Believe you will love it.

We have good reputation, fashion products.

come here quickly

our kids basketball shoes website: ★ http://www.kidshoeonsale.com ★

Opportunity knocks but once

Posted by: linhho | Sep 14, 2011 10:26:22 PM

22. It's rarely ever fair to paint with a broad brush, and that remains the case for Fox News. For all the Glenn Becks and Bill O'Reillys and those idiots in the morning, there are some good ones like Baier, Greta, and Megyn Kelly.

Posted by: LincolnLounger | Sep 14, 2011 10:32:11 PM

23. This is a propaganda technique for - get the hate message out there for the IMPACT and get people voting GOP .... and then send the good cop out.

Bad Cop Good Cop = this is an evil woman, still will be even if she turns out to support civil rights.

Posted by: floria1 | Sep 14, 2011 10:41:38 PM

24. I am stunned by this. A Faux News reporter who calls a colleague out for hating? A Faux News reporter who recognizes a blatant lie when she sees one? Is Roger Ailes still breathing?

Megan Kelly has either been transformed by becoming a mother or has been reprogrammed while on maternity leave. Or maybe nothing is what it seems, anymore.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 14, 2011 10:55:45 PM

25. Another poster pointed out that we should not forget her previous transgressions as we applaud her for her for her current act of Acceptance. And I do agree, however, one most remember, this was BEFORE she became a parent. Now she's realizing there are other people to consider in this world. What were to happen if her child were transgender, or gay, or to fall in love with someone of another race?

Usually, when you have a child your heart opens to more than your original view. Not always, but often. Hopefully this means that as any of the non-parent newscasters of Faux (I love that one by the way) become parents, we'll start to see some balance in their reporting.

Posted by: Jason | Sep 14, 2011 11:02:34 PM