News | Paul Rudd

BigGayDeal.com

Paul Rudd Wants to Take Away a Great Cinematic Pleasure

Rudd

Paul Rudd tells Playboy he shouldn't be allowed to take his clothes off for movies:

"I've been naked in a lot of my movies. There's something inherently funny about the naked male body, particularly mine...Ryan Reynolds, sure, it makes sense why he'd strip down. But not me. I shouldn't be allowed to....I'm a big fan of movie nudity. A male ass shot is the cheapest and best laugh ever. But it's mortifying to do. When I showed my butt in The 40-Year-Old Virgin, all I could think was, 'This is going to be up on all those big screens.' I was very self-conscious about doing it. There's a scene in Our Idiot Brother where I'm naked and getting painted from the side, and because of the angle of the shot, our soundman -- who was a guest soundman, by the way, and not even our regular guy -- had an unfortunate view. He was holding up the boom mike and standing right in front of me. My legs were spread, and he was pretty much staring at my hairy taint."

Comments

1. How can I get that sound man's job?

Posted by: Brian | Sep 14, 2011 12:46:01 PM

2. Paul Rudd? Ryan Reynolds? Give me the hairy chest any day. Would love to run my fingers through your manliness PR. Woof.

Posted by: John | Sep 14, 2011 12:47:04 PM

3. Paul Rudd is a dream.

Posted by: EO | Sep 14, 2011 12:51:16 PM

4. pics or it didn't happen!

j/k.

Posted by: pParkerT | Sep 14, 2011 12:52:07 PM

5. Paul, your words were considered, at length, by gay and bi men around the world (not to mention the bi-curious ones). Our verdict: continue the nudity in your movies. We also encourage you to make house calls.

Posted by: Stan L | Sep 14, 2011 12:54:34 PM

6. Paul I'd gladly stare at your hairy taint until the Disney Cows come home!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 14, 2011 12:56:11 PM

7. he told the same story on chelsea lately. pretty funny.

Posted by: eric | Sep 14, 2011 12:58:32 PM

8. DITTO!

Posted by: Christopher Lines | Sep 14, 2011 12:59:14 PM

9. I love Paul Rudd. This is the gay-friendliest guy around. How many other straight men even know what a taint is?

Posted by: blancheirving | Sep 14, 2011 1:04:31 PM

10. You know how I know you're gay? You stared at Paul Rudd's taint.

Posted by: nodnarb | Sep 14, 2011 1:06:20 PM

11. "My legs were spread, and he was pretty much staring at my hairy taint."

I WISH!

I've been in love with Paul, since that kiss at the top of the stairs in Clueless.

Posted by: pete N SFO | Sep 14, 2011 1:20:37 PM

12. @pete n sfo

ME TOO!

Posted by: fpl1972 | Sep 14, 2011 2:05:53 PM

13. ME THREE!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Sep 14, 2011 2:37:01 PM

14. 'Taint nobody's business if I do (love Paul Rudd's taint)!

Posted by: Caliban | Sep 14, 2011 2:49:16 PM

15. he is so adorable.

Posted by: nic | Sep 14, 2011 2:50:03 PM

16. "I'm ready for my close-up Mr DeMille"

Posted by: Hotter Perry | Sep 14, 2011 2:50:22 PM

17. I can think of far worse ways to spend a few hours than by staring at Paul Rudd's hairy taint... ;-D

Posted by: JSH | Sep 14, 2011 2:52:44 PM

18. Ryan is nice to look at but Paul is adorable. Rowr!

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Sep 14, 2011 2:55:08 PM

19. I personally feel that now Paul Rudd should be obliged to get naked in EVERY FILM HE MAKES now. In fact, I think he should go back and ADD nudity to EVERY ROLE.

I have spoken. Make it so.

Posted by: Jerry | Sep 14, 2011 3:11:59 PM

20. What Jerry said.

Posted by: Rocco | Sep 14, 2011 3:28:49 PM

21. This guys always been extremely hot and cute too boot.In clueless he was gorgeous talk about a cutie pie .I love that he is so gay friendly too :)

Posted by: Michael | Sep 14, 2011 3:30:46 PM

22. I really need a recording of this interview. I need an endless loop of Paul Rudd's voice speaking the phrase "staring at my hairy taint" to use as my ringtone.

Posted by: coolbear | Sep 14, 2011 7:10:56 PM

23. I love Paul Rudd. I am not too much of a fan of his movies as of late. But I sure loved him in The Object of My Affection. If you've not seen this, Rudd plays the gay bestie of Jennifer Anniston's character, who gets pregnant and hopes he will help her raise her child. GREAT touching movie.

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Sep 15, 2011 12:25:20 AM

24. Oops...After refreshing myself with the old trailer for The Object of My Affection, I think I may have confused some of the storyline with Madonna's Next Best Thing...lol...Nonetheless, The Object of My Affection is a GREAT Paul Rudd movie! lol

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Sep 15, 2011 12:50:23 AM

25. If no one has seen "Our Idiot Brother," not only is there the nude scene (from the side) he mentions, but he's picked up by a hetero couple for a threesome, and a hot naked guy winds up making out with him. Rudd's character finally kiboshes the 3-way, but politely--he's not unduly freaked out, but he's just not into men. The only reason he doesn't opt out earlier is that he's too polite to hurt the guy's feelings. Under the sexy comedic stuff there's some very thought-provoking, almost radical views about male sexuality, and how demented homophobia is as a learned, ridiculous behavior--if you're not into the guy, just be polite and say so. (Still wish he'd gone through with it, though, and loved those sexy male-male cuddles and kisses in "The Object of My Affection.")

Posted by: Dback | Sep 15, 2011 12:52:26 AM