News | X-Factor

X-Factor Promo Has Gay Man with 'Attitude': VIDEO

Xander

The X-Factor doesn't premiere until September 21, but at least one of the contestants is doing some pre-show publicity. Xander (above) sends us this note:

I auditioned for The X Factor for the first U.S. season and decided to do so with "personality" aka, give Simon a taste of his own medicine. As soon as he started getting lippy with me, I got lippy right back. Most of the contestants like to kiss his ass because they want so desperately to be on the show but I didn't care...I'm one of those New York gays that DOES NOT like to be disrespected, even when there is a reported "5-Million Dollar Contract" on the line. I wanted Simon to know that, 'you don't mess with the gays'. Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherziner were fierce as usual and loved me so that was all that mattered.

In any case, with the X Factor's Premiere right around the corner I figured it would be good to try to drum up some support for the show among the gay community... or at the very least give them one reason to tune in to the DALLAS audition just to see one hilarious audition from me where I let Simon have it. Don't get my wrong, I have no ill will towards him, it was just fun to take him on...on such a grand stage and the very show HE concepted. The look of shock on his face was priceless.

Watch the show's new 8-minute promo, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The art of famewhoring.

Posted by: nodnarb | Sep 12, 2011 2:51:09 PM

2. Xander is cute.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 12, 2011 2:59:06 PM

3. sorry, but just because this dude is gay and i'm gay doesn't mean i or anyone else in the gay community is obligated to "support" him. if the clip is any indication, he walked in with a rude attitude. i can't stand people like that, gay or straight. if the full scene shows Cowell being disrespectiful first, i may change my opinion, but somehow i doubt that was the case. having singing talent does not give you a free pass to be a c*nt.

Posted by: EO | Sep 12, 2011 3:01:01 PM

4. Maybe Simon's "lippiness" was excised from this clip, because there sure wasn't anything there. Just some jerk trying to pass off his rudeness as a product of being from New York.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Sep 12, 2011 3:20:22 PM

5. I didn't realize "New York gays" were the only ones entitled to respect. As if every other gay tolerates being spat upon.

That said, if this famewhore really thought he had a shot at the $5mil prize, he would have gladly endured anything Simon threw at him, New York gay or not.

Enjoy your 15 seconds, kid.

Posted by: TommyOC | Sep 12, 2011 3:22:42 PM

6. Just another fag with a bad attitude who deserves to be punched in the damn face.Just like some of the bitches on this site and other gay related sites.

Posted by: Rocky | Sep 12, 2011 3:31:16 PM

7. Didn't watch American Idol and won't be watching this show either. As for Xander, the attitude is rude and from what I saw, I don't like you very much and hope people don't judge the gay people by your "'tude." I don't think you're going to get very far. At least I hope I don't see you on TV anytime soon.

Posted by: Bob R | Sep 12, 2011 3:44:52 PM

8. Sorry - you lost me when you used the phrase "the very show HE concepted". Is that a NY usage or just ignorance?

Posted by: Adam | Sep 12, 2011 4:00:01 PM

9. "the very show he concepted" ....and, there you have it folks!

Posted by: doug | Sep 12, 2011 4:02:50 PM

10. another gay here who things this guy is an IDIOT.

Posted by: mike128 | Sep 12, 2011 4:16:13 PM

11. "concepted"?

It's a type of usage spoken by young Gay folks who've survived the meanest of city streets.

"having singing talent does not give you a free pass to be a c*nt."

No, but why not be a c*nt when Judge Cowell is a real d*ck

Xander is cute. I wish him a good life so that he doesn't have to wear that bitchy defensive armor...not all the time.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 12, 2011 4:21:45 PM

12. Geography is no excuse for bad behavior. Also, who does he think is going to want to work with someone throwing that much shade?

Posted by: Sean Mac | Sep 12, 2011 4:23:44 PM

13. what i find the most depressing is the tone of the comments. it's clear that what really bothers a lot of you is not that he was rude, which he certainly appeared to be, but that he was "A Straight Person's Idea of a Gay Stereotype" whilst being rude.

i dunno. call me crazy, but my problem is his attitude, not how "gay" he seemed or "fem" or "bitchy", which seems to be what' irked a lot of people on this and other sites.

which leads me to then ask - would you have the same response if he'd embodied some, i dunno, "bro-dude" mannerisms and demeanors whilst being rude?

if so, then leave the misogyny and self-hating homophobia out of it. the problem was that he was rude, but i can't help but see that to may of you he committed the "crime" of being rude "and too gay"

which is nonsense.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 12, 2011 4:34:56 PM

14. Another bitchy, uneducated little boy who thinks acting fierce is better than having a personality. Do me a favor and stop speaking on behalf of 'the gays'.

Posted by: Mimi | Sep 12, 2011 5:15:01 PM

15. Don't we have enough shows like this on tv already?! Did anybody buy the music of the last winner of American Idol?

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 12, 2011 5:42:05 PM

16. I know Xander Alexander (or Xander Johnson) personally - he recently found out he's poz, and started using crystal meth. He became completely delusional / crazy for a few months from all the meth use, and went to the audition tweaked (fact). That explains the "attitude". Drug addict, not Diva.

Posted by: evixoxx | Sep 12, 2011 5:49:44 PM

17. @Evix ... sorry, that's just an excuse. Druggie or not, he came across as just another petulant little boy who never grew up. Frankly, if finding out he was poz caused that kind of reaction - he was that way BEFORE he started using.

I wouldn't care if if he was straight, gay, had bro-mannerisms or whatever ... his so called 'tude sucked ... And in order to play a diva truly (not just the Ru Paul show variety), there'd better be incredible talent to back it up!!!

Posted by: wds | Sep 12, 2011 6:13:31 PM

18. This is horribly stereotypical. I've never thought of Simon Cowell as very gay-friendly, so it doesn't surprise. I won't be watching X Factor.

Posted by: jason | Sep 12, 2011 6:35:29 PM

19. Another Queen without a country. LOL I don't watch ANY reality television.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Sep 12, 2011 7:03:59 PM

20. How effin embarrasing!!! ugh, why is he speaking for the "gays". I HATE bitchy queens.

Posted by: James | Sep 12, 2011 10:18:43 PM

21. Hey guys, so I just wanted to clear some things up regarding the audition. I was "in character"...it was not an intentionally gay character, it was a stage character meant to egg on Simon. Of course they are going to use the powers of editing to make it look like Simon was being bullied...but come on, simone could never be bullied on his own show, which is why they edited it that way. When you see the audition, you'll see how Paula abdual laid into him about the way he was treating me, so I got defensive. And no, I didn't mean to call out "New York Gays" specifically, it was really meant to be more inspiring than it obviously came off. My apologies for that. It was meant to show someone (who happens to be gay) finally standing up to simon. We've seen past gay try to stand up to people on media show to no avail. Not to mentioned, the audution process is long and tiring and i was the last one or one of the last ones to audition so I just went out and put on a show...to the support of the producers of the show. We have to remember this is reality television here, most everything is fake, phony, or stage...that's just how it goes. So please to take such a harsh stance towards me, especially after just seeing a small 30s clip of FOX editing. =)

Posted by: Xander Alexander | Sep 13, 2011 2:22:01 AM

22. Oh good another mouthy flaming stereotypical gay - just what TV needs. Yep, Simon is sometimes a jerk (personally I can't stand the man) but there a plenty of jerks in this world and, while you don't need to kiss their ass, you don't have to prove that you're a bigger ass than they are.

And "if", as Xander says, this was a character (highly unlikely) than it makes it even worse because the chosen character was offensive on so many levels. Xander's career is going nowhere and that's exactly where it belongs. With so much talent in NYC it's a shame that this man's was highlighted.

Posted by: Tyron | Sep 13, 2011 9:49:26 AM

23. @little kiwi - did you not see Daniel Joseph Baker on "America's Got Talent"? He was, pardon the expression, as stereotypically gay as most anyone I've every seen on television - however, it was also extremely talented and very very respectful of the judges and their comments.

Baker is, in my opinion, a young man with a bright future who was not, and will not be, held back because of being gay and effeminate. He was never mouthy, disrespectful or rude and was very will liked by the judges (most of the time) and the audience. Xander could take a lesson from Baker on the proper way to execute yourself when auditioning and attempting to build both a fan base and career. If you're not familiar with Baker google him - he's going to be famous.

And a side note - sometime you have to kiss a few asses to get to the point where you can kick a few asses. Success is sweet revenge.

Posted by: Tyron | Sep 13, 2011 9:57:56 AM

24. I'm on a never-ending quest to save my girlfriend!

Stay strong, Xander.

Posted by: nodnarb | Sep 13, 2011 10:03:42 AM

25. I met this guy shortly after the interview panhandling at a bar across from the audition. He swore he wasn't gay but only knew songs by Brittany Spears and said Morrison, Joplin, Jay-Z were all old and stupid. He's a flamer looking for his 10 min (not even 15 min) of fame. Don't waste your time.

Posted by: Stella | Sep 14, 2011 10:01:33 PM