Gay Marriage | Iowa | News

Right-Wing Group Airs Gay Marriage Attack Ad in Iowa: VIDEO

Rogue

Right-wing consultants The Concordia Group, which also works for Rick Santorum, have released an attack ad highlighting the special election in Iowa between Democrat Liz Mathis or Republican Cindy Golding that could threaten the state's marriage equality law.

I posted about it earlier this month HERE.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law

The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law is an idiomatic antithesis. When one obeys the letter of the law but not the spirit, one is obeying the literal interpretation of the words (the "letter") of the law, but not the intent of those who wrote the law. Conversely, when one obeys the spirit of the law but not the letter, one is doing what the authors of the law intended, though not adhering to the literal wording.

"Law" originally referred to legislative statute, but in the idiom may refer to any kind of rule. Intentionally following the letter of the law but not the spirit may be accomplished through exploiting technicalities, loopholes, and ambiguous language. Following the letter of the law but not the spirit is also a tactic used by oppressive governments.

Posted by: I'm Layla Miller I Know Stuff | Oct 20, 2011 8:54:07 AM

2. I enjoy the scary Republican/NOM/Evil-Lies-Ahead music they play in these videos. I wish they would play it as background during the Repub debates.

Posted by: oliver | Oct 20, 2011 9:04:49 AM

3. When is someone going to start running ads against infidelity and divorce? Seriously, aren't those the real issues negatively affecting straight marriage?? If I were permitted to be married here in Texas, it would have absolutely NO EFFECT on my opposite-sex married neighbors. This is just the homophobe's ploy to withhold full civil rights from the GLBT community - plain and simple. Infidelity and divorce among married straight couples is what's harming so-called "traditional marriage". It's not anything my same-sex partner and I have done or will do in the future.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Oct 20, 2011 9:14:40 AM

4. And during the re-call campaign, the pro-equality side mounted no defense at all because they didn't want to stoop to the level of the biogts. Is that the plan this time as well?

Posted by: candide001 | Oct 20, 2011 10:51:21 AM

5. So the same people that fund this bullshiz, fund Santorum (Frothy Mix)? Someone needs to dig deeper, 'cuz there's a deep-pocket behind both...

I couldn't figure how Santorum keeps showing up at the podium w/ virtually no support. Clearly, he's backed by someone w/ enough pull in Conservative & Conserv Media, to push their own personal bigotry.

Dems need to make an ad with the faces of Supreme Court Justices & the detrimental decisions they've made & use it as a get-out-the-vote campaign.

Bush v Gore, DC gun laws, Corps are people; all taking this country in the wrong direction.

Posted by: Pete n SFO | Oct 20, 2011 10:54:39 AM

6. Oliver, that was hilarious..I wish they would play it during the republican debate too!!!

Posted by: rcinsocal | Oct 20, 2011 12:24:23 PM