Gay Marriage | Mo'Nique | News

Mo'Nique Speaks Out for Marriage Equality: 'Let's Use Our Will to Let Others Be Free'

Monique

Mo'Nique has recorded a video in support of marriage equality as part of HRC's Americans for Marriage Equality campaign:

Says the actress and comedienne: "I believe since we’ve all been given free will, let’s use our will to let others be free...If you don’t believe me, did you happen to notice that all that’s being asked for is the right to be married, which ironically promotes commitment, family and love? Join me and support marriage equality. It’s the right thing to do."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Very well said! Thanks Mo!

Posted by: sparks | Oct 26, 2011 6:15:48 PM

2. I know a lot of people dont care for her 'rough and uncouth' humor, but I've always been a fan of this woman. Shes completely honest and without a drop of pretense. She can be ghetto at times, but I like that about her. Shes also be a big LGBT advocate for years. Thanks Mo'nique!

Posted by: greg | Oct 26, 2011 6:41:19 PM

3. I am a huge Mo'Nique fan and have been for years. Thanks for the message!

Posted by: Gregoire | Oct 26, 2011 6:47:40 PM

4. Love her! Love her comment about "Let's Use Our Will to Let others be Free!

Posted by: Robbie | Oct 26, 2011 6:50:55 PM

5. Besos! I love her and her foul mouth. "B!tch, catch it b!tch, catch it!"

Posted by: Max | Oct 26, 2011 7:24:52 PM

6. Love her! Thank you

Posted by: jmg | Oct 26, 2011 7:52:08 PM

7. So Max,

Let me make sure I understand this. You like Mo'nique. But don't care for African Americans???? Many of your previous post proves that.

Also in the Chelsea post you'd vote for her but can't stand Obama but support Republicans???

What a Judas f@__g you are!

Posted by: CHRIS DACHOCOLATEBEARCUB | Oct 27, 2011 1:06:33 AM

8. Since when is marriage the only thing being asked for? One more reason not to support HRC and their narrow, exclusive politics.

Posted by: Scott | Oct 27, 2011 5:35:17 AM

9. Love it! Thank you, Ms. Mo'Nique!! I think her voice will reach many new ears.

Posted by: C | Oct 27, 2011 9:07:17 AM

10. Here's hoping that she comes home to Maryland and uses her voice to help persuade the black churches to not lobby against marriage equality here again next year.

Posted by: Greg | Oct 27, 2011 11:18:59 AM

11. Chris:

Actually, Max cares for African Americans a great deal. He's terrified of us. Every time he sees one of us he has to tighten the muscles that control his bladder. Po' thing.

He's a member of Towleroad's Queer Klux Klan, but his membership is on shaky ground (the Klan doesn't know his religion). Po' thing.

I don't know why he remains in New York City with its millions of Blacks and Puerto Ricans. ...must be awful being terrified every time he comes out the front door. He ought to move to Reykjavik...not a Black in sight there....well, maybe a couple of Africans. Boo, Max, booo!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 27, 2011 11:53:13 AM

12. \I love, love, love Mo'nique!

Posted by: ChrisB | Oct 27, 2011 3:35:28 PM

13. Chris and Derrick, go hug someone. Really. Just go spread some love.

Posted by: Max | Oct 27, 2011 8:54:50 PM

14. Ok Scott what else do you want them to ask / fight for? I think HRC fights on many fronts. What groups do you like and why?
    Thank you Mo'nique for making the video, it means a lot!!

Posted by: George M | Oct 27, 2011 11:55:32 PM