Kylie Minogue | Music | News | X-Factor

UK 'X Factor' Contestant Can't Get Kylie Out of His Head: VIDEO

Robinson

Just a hunch, but I doubt the American version of X Factor is going to get this gay.

Watch the UK's Johnny Robinson, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via dlisted)

Comments

1. I love Johnny Robinson. What a lovely person. But I do think that his stage productions are too much like a drag show to be taken seriously, a high-end drag show, yes, but a drag show nonetheless. I do think his mentor should have Johnny focus more on his vocals, he has a wonderful and unique voice, and less on these silly productions.

Posted by: Ricco | Oct 17, 2011 1:18:51 PM

2. Yellowface! Hurray! Didn't SNL just touch on this subject?

Posted by: luminum | Oct 17, 2011 1:18:56 PM

3. Gary Barlow could most definitely rub my lamp!

Posted by: Esteban | Oct 17, 2011 1:21:53 PM

4. I agree with Ricco. I do love that on the Xtra Factor they did reveal that he actually does drag professionally. Plus I like the fact that they're very open about Marcus's sexuality. You would NEVER see any of this in the US.

Posted by: andregide | Oct 17, 2011 1:22:50 PM

5. That's was very funny. But the singing just wasn't very good. So I agree with the three judges. ...and, yes, Gary is VERY attractive.

Posted by: David in Houston | Oct 17, 2011 1:25:21 PM

6. hated the spectacle, and indeed, he has a surprisingly pleasing voice. check out his performance at the judge's house. hoping louie will cut the antics and just let him sing

Posted by: bandanajack | Oct 17, 2011 1:39:18 PM

7. I find it quite disturbing that the American judge has nothing to say. In fact, she seems uncomfortable. I think it is amazing how the UK treats people who are not considered 'the norm' and accept them just as they are!!! Gary Barlow did have some constructive criticism by saying that Johnny can sing and needs to focus on that rather than his 'drag' performances. I applaud Johnny for being true to himself. Good Luck!

Posted by: Rob P. | Oct 17, 2011 1:49:17 PM

8. The song also did not suit his voice. He has a fabulous voice, but Louie needs to be careful helping Johnny with his song choices. These faster paced pop songs don't do his voice justice. He did a fantastic job with Amy Winehouse, and that's where he needs to know the songs that best suit him. I also love how smart and witty Johnny is. His comebacks to Gary Barlow (who is very handsome) are great! He can stand toe-to-toe with Gary, yet remain respectful. He is a treasure. Johnny is not the handsomest guy on the show, but is smart, funny, humble, but confident, and definite boyfriend material. I would definitely let Johnny rub my lamp!

Posted by: Ricco | Oct 17, 2011 1:51:30 PM

9. Johnny is a drag queen naturally. These songs he's been doing he truly LOVES. He is merely showing the U.K. he can be theatrical and flashy. His personality is always winning the like able factor. In the weeks to come he will start showing his voice more and everyone will be shocked and amazed. You see, I think Johnny is saving up for later. I have a feeling he's going to end up doing something classic. He did that Etta James "AT LAST" song so well.That's where he shines.I love Johnny!He's going to the finals for sure. However there is another contestant that is VERY good that will be competing right next to Johnny along the way. Her name is Misha B. She is completely different than him so it will be interesting to see them at the end. Those 2 are my favorite contestants. I love this show.

Posted by: KEN | Oct 17, 2011 2:44:23 PM

10. That was worse than Susan Boil covering Depeche Mode.

Posted by: MoJo | Oct 17, 2011 6:17:52 PM

11. Not my cup of tea -now Mr Barlow on the other hand...

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 17, 2011 6:58:27 PM

12. I don't get it. Is he a wigless drag queen? I found it painful to watch. SOOOO gay and not good. I wouldn't mind the flamboyance if he was good, but he's just not. I don't think is was the song choice, but maybe it is - will give him another listen if he pops up again - but not hopeful. And will someone give him a sandwich already?

Posted by: fanboi | Oct 18, 2011 2:46:09 AM