Adele | Glee | News

BigGayDeal.com

Adele Previews Concert DVD as 'Glee' Mashes Up 'Rumour Has It' and 'Someone Like You': VIDEOS

Adele

Adele is about to drop a Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD and has just released a preview trailer. Plus, the women of Glee have mashed up two of her biggest tracks.

Check them both out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Adele is expected to make a full recovery after undergoing throat surgery for a hemorrhage in her vocal chord, her doctors announced this week.

Gleeadele

Comments

1. My Name is Tim. I am a Gay man in Love with Santana!

Posted by: tim | Nov 10, 2011 2:43:39 PM

2. HELLO TIM and welcome to our ever-growing club, lol.

Posted by: hugo | Nov 10, 2011 3:01:02 PM

3. @Tim. ITA She is the only young actress that I would worship until my knees are raw.

Posted by: Aaron | Nov 10, 2011 3:03:25 PM

4. Okay, generally I say no one can outperform Adele, so they shouldn't bother doing a cover, BUT Glee mash-ups are always awesome and this one was no different.

Posted by: Erich | Nov 10, 2011 3:05:05 PM

5. @ Tim, thanks for coming clean with our group and Aaron, I'll send you some knee pads. I just GLEEK-ed myself over that number.

Posted by: RonTEX | Nov 10, 2011 3:12:32 PM

6. I am also a gay man in love with Santana.

Posted by: chad | Nov 10, 2011 3:15:30 PM

7. I am so happy that Glee is not shying away from the Brittany/Santana love story. The smouldering and yet mournful looks that Santana gives Brittany are heartbreakingly sad but I don't think the feelings are reciprocal. Great story line. Love Glee!

Posted by: jamesintoronto | Nov 10, 2011 3:20:22 PM

8. Wow. Great mash up.

Santana's amazing.

Posted by: at | Nov 10, 2011 3:34:43 PM

9. A shameless and unapologetic GLEEK here and that mash-up just totally rocked my world -hands down the first alternate version of Adele's materials that not only completely made it their own but did not have me wishing for the original just WOW !! and pass over sum a those knee pads -Santana is amazing

Posted by: slippy | Nov 10, 2011 3:40:31 PM

10. @Erich, I think many people can outperform Adele. It's one of the things I love about her, she writes these perfect yet accessible songs that anyone can perform.

And Santana is great, I would love to actually hear her sing one of these days, I bet she would be great at it!

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 10, 2011 3:49:42 PM

11. I wish this show would shut up and sing more often. It's the one thing they do damn right.

Posted by: Bart | Nov 10, 2011 4:03:52 PM

12. I want to adopt a chinese baby with Santana.

Posted by: NoSleep4Sam | Nov 10, 2011 4:10:12 PM

13. Mercedes runs circles around Santana.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Nov 10, 2011 4:42:41 PM

14. WOW! What a mashup!! Hail Britana!

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Nov 10, 2011 5:38:53 PM

15. Vocal cord, not "chord".

Posted by: Stewart McKellar | Nov 10, 2011 7:06:26 PM

16. Hey, I love Santana and I love Adele, but that mash-up doesn't work. The best line of 'Someone Like You', the "Don't forget me..." line, is completely drowned out every time by the beat of 'Rumor Has It'. I would have much preferred they perform the two songs separately.

Posted by: Mike | Nov 11, 2011 8:06:50 AM

17. Do you ever sometimes marvel at the fact that America is watching goddamn musical theater every Tuesday night on television? It's pretty amazing, and downright implausible if you think about it. I'll admit that Glee has its ups and downs, but the very existence of this show in the lineup gives me great hope for this country.

I think future cultural historians will write about Glee the way they now write about 'All in the Family' - as a paradigm shift.

aaannd I too LOVE me some Santana.

Posted by: JesryPo | Nov 11, 2011 9:52:47 AM

18. Adele at Royal Albert Hall is the hotness. BTW, The Killers also performed at Royal Albert Hall and that HD-channel, Palladia, runs it sometimes. Great concert to check out.

Posted by: Drew | Nov 11, 2011 11:40:39 AM

19. 2 things:

1) I agree with Mike. The arrangement of the mash-up just doesn't work for me. No fault of the performers there, as what they did was one of the more believable glee club performances I've seen on the show.

2) Does anyone else think that Adele would be one hell of a person to hang with? I mean, seriously, she just seems like so much god damn fun.

Posted by: Tom in COS | Nov 11, 2011 11:30:18 PM