Christmas | Mariah Carey

BigGayDeal.com

'All I Want For Christmas Is You': Miracle On 42nd Street

XmasViralVideo
Gawker has declared this the "first victory of the holiday viral video season," and I really hope they're right. You've gotta be a special kind of Christmas nut to draft intricate (and occasionally hilarious) choreography to an old Mariah Carey Christmasttime warhorse, teach said choreography to a friend, rehearse it enough that the both of you can nail it in a single take, buy or craft elven dance leotards, put them on, and convince another friend to film the fruits of your labor on a shaky camcorder in the middle of a deserted New York dance studio. But such nuts exist, bless them, and you can see the proof AFTER THE JUMP ...

Comments

1. Well that was 4 minutes and 26 seconds I can never get back.

Otherwise of no note.

Let mediocrity reign.

Posted by: pixelwizard | Dec 3, 2011 2:29:49 PM

2. I think it's cute and fun.
    At least they actually did something than complain behind a keyboard.

Posted by: macscruff | Dec 3, 2011 3:15:09 PM

3. It's amazing how similar those two bodies are in those tights. With the same hair do, some make up and a little glitter, they could be the Draggzee Twins. Just sayin...

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Dec 3, 2011 4:04:10 PM

4. LOL....lots of fun...them's a couple of Brave Souls, and I'd wager have enjoy their respective lives to the fullest. Bravo.

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Dec 3, 2011 4:06:13 PM

5. youhadbetterWERK!

lovesit! fab energy, hilarious, well done.

oh that warmed me up :D

Happy Christmas!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Dec 3, 2011 4:06:45 PM

6. I had the dumbest grin on my face through this whole thing. Sweet.

Posted by: Robert | Dec 3, 2011 5:18:52 PM

7. Somebody needs a bikini wax.

Posted by: buster | Dec 3, 2011 5:32:36 PM

8. Don't you just love gay people? I watched it twice.

Posted by: Jack | Dec 3, 2011 6:16:46 PM

9. In the perennial ocean of ill-conceived, uninspired or just plain bad holiday tribute videos, this gem is a life raft of pure silliness and unmitigated joy in the art of not taking one's self too seriously. 4.5 minutes of pure fun -- AND the real achievement wasn't doing it all in one take. It was getting me to sit through that awful, overplayed song.

All I want for Christmas is more creativity like this.

Oh and @PixelWizard... "mediocrity?" Really?? The athleticism and technique demanded of them in this romp coupled with their showmanship and ability to do it in one take certainly doesn't rise to the level of mediocrity. Have more fun and be less serious -- it makes life a lot more fun sometimes.

Posted by: Brian Normoyle | Dec 3, 2011 7:20:20 PM

10. @Robert I absolutely loved that! I was grinning the entire time too.

@Jack We can't assume that just because he's in a skin tight leotard, and is flexible enough to turn himself into a pretzel, that he is gay. >_>

Posted by: Robert | Dec 3, 2011 7:27:09 PM

11. Joy!

Posted by: Omar | Dec 3, 2011 7:57:44 PM

12. It made me giggle. @Buster - I naturally zoom in on any dancing guy's crotch (so sad on a Saturday night) and I thought I noticed *something* but was not sure since the resolution was not that great. But thank you for at least validating that I am not the only one who noticed *something*. LOL.

Posted by: Angela Channing | Dec 3, 2011 8:20:32 PM

13. Just curious: how is it known they did it in one take?

Obviously he's gay. The woman becomes a man at the end. Not exactly subtle.

Anyone with negative comments is a complete grinch, so I suspect we'll be hearing other hateful things soon. I can even predict what they'll be, and from whom!

I must say that I'm pleased never to have heard this song. It kind of sticks in your head.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 3, 2011 9:03:01 PM

14. That was cute and funny and ten times better than the horrendous Mariah/Bieber video

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 3, 2011 9:28:50 PM

15. Yes….fun and well made. Definately hard to do in one take. And Paul seriously….never have heard it before today? How's the weather on Mars? :-)

Posted by: Willbesurfing | Dec 3, 2011 10:06:22 PM

16. Oh, that was fun! Hats off to all involved who put their time, energy, and creativity into that little snippet of holiday cheer! Brightened my day!

Posted by: Mitch | Dec 3, 2011 10:49:51 PM

17. ...that was fun, and a nice diversion from the paperwork that I need to be doing!!

Posted by: GTMSJ | Dec 4, 2011 12:50:35 AM

18. I loved this video!!!!! I'm not a Christmas lover and STILL I thought it was super cute and fun!

Posted by: goody-goody | Dec 4, 2011 3:18:38 AM

19. Well, it may have not been Broadway quality at the present time, but it was more appropriate than the Macy's ad by MC and Beebboy. It was cute and showed a bit of talent in getting it together in very little time and with a lack of rehearsals. They have contributed more to the holiday spirit that I and some others have by sitting on our fat fluffy buttocks making snarky comments about the attempts of others to provide some joy for the season. Good job, kids.

Posted by: vanndean | Dec 4, 2011 4:14:49 AM

20. I don't know why, but I just love this sh*t!

Posted by: Hah | Dec 4, 2011 7:04:44 AM

21. Pixelwizard, lighten up! What might you have been doing if you hadn't watched the video? I loved it! Thanks for posting this Brandon. Think I'll watch it again.

Posted by: Barbara | Dec 4, 2011 7:11:30 AM

22. I'm gobsmacked that there is still someone in the Western World (Paul) who hadn't yet heard this song. Paul what have you been doing every Christmas ? Hibernating ?

Posted by: Den | Dec 4, 2011 7:57:28 AM

23. It's not just some random "deserted NY dance studio."

That's gotta be at Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater on West 55th.

Posted by: Devlin du GEnie | Dec 4, 2011 8:08:50 AM

24. That was terrific!! I have watched it, grinning the entire time, twice so far and will repeatedly. How fun, creative, and enthusiastic. Just loved it, and him :)

Posted by: Kent | Dec 4, 2011 10:36:14 AM

25. They totally remind me of Rachel and Kurt from Glee! Fun!!!

Posted by: Kelven | Dec 4, 2011 12:41:00 PM