News: Carmen Rupe, Honduras, Howard Stern, Athens, Julia Gillard

RoadNew official portrait of the First Family released.

RoadThe National Organization for Marriage faces "looming financial shortfall".

RupeRoad75-year-old Kiwi trans icon Carmen Rupe dies.

RoadAttorney says Jerry Sandusky was showering with boys because "people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body."

Road58 gays and lesbians murdered in Honduras this year. "The community wants to see 'the murders solved and justice done,' spokesperson Jose Zambrano told reporters. Human rights continue to be violated in Honduras, where 'there is no respect for sexual diversity' and an absence of genuine democracy, Zambrano said."

RoadWhoopi Goldberg and Kenneth Cole join design jury for AIDS Memorial Park in NYC.

RoadAustralian Prime Minister Julia Gillard sets date for dinner with gay couples: "The prime minister has set February 21 as the date she will dine with couples in same-sex relationships at The Lodge in Canberra. The dinner was won by GetUp and Australian Marriage Equality in a charity auction in June. The February meal, after parliament's first sitting fortnight of 2012, is likely before a vote is held on any legislation aimed at changing the Marriage Act."

RoadMadonna signs three-album deal with Interscope, will release new album in March 2012, first single renamed "Gimme All Your Luvin".

RoadPrince Harry headed to the Caribbean.

SealRoadBaby seal breaks into home, falls asleep on sofa.

RoadLesbian couple tackles man after he hurls anti-gay slurs at them and smashes the window of their car: "One of the women tackled the suspect and pinned him to the ground while she waited for help from a bouncer at the nearby bar. The women, ages 23 and 30, were not hurt, but assault charges could be brought against Lane because he acted in a threatening manner toward them, Young said."

RoadGay man attacked in downtown Athens, Georgia: "The men ran toward him and the last thing the victim remembered before getting knocked unconscious was his face hitting the sidewalk and feeling teeth shatter, according to police."

RoadMitt Romney wants to see Book of Mormon: “I actually encouraged the guys that did that play, ‘The Book of Mormon,’ because I thought that’d be really helpful...I do want to see it, sure."

RoadClint Eastwood and family to star in an E! reality show?

RoadCovert Affairs' Christopher Gorham whips out the beefcake.

CuomoRoadNY Governor Andrew Cuomo talks NY marriage equality in GQ. "Look, there are issues that come across your desk...that you just say, 'This is absurd.' Marriage equality changed life for people. When we did the gay-pride parade after the passage? I can't tell you how many family members, friends, sisters, and brothers... It provided a level of acceptance for millions of people. And their families."

RoadThousands of Toronto students take anti-bullying pledge.

RoadHoward Stern to be judge on America's Got Talent: "Under my administration there will be no Frank Sinatra impersonators winning for the year. If people think I'm the crazy man, I am not. I am the voice of reason. Goofy acts are not going through."

RoadActress Amber Heard says gay celebs need to come out: “You can’t respect yourself if you’re afraid to be who you are. It requires bravery to do something no one else around you is doing. But the risk was outweighed by the possibility of playing into this horribly detrimental lie that some in Hollywood perpetuate.”

Comments

1. Taught how to put soap on their bodies?!! Hahahahaha! Um, yeah, Sandusky's going to jail for a long, long time. And I might try that one next time I want to entice a cutie into taking a shower with me where I intend to rape his cute little butt. OMG, this story just gets better, and better, and of course, completely more sick.

Posted by: Zlick | Dec 15, 2011 4:29:46 PM

2. What a load a bull that Sandusky "excuse" is. There is no possible reason for a grown man to be showering with a kid.

On another note, I guess that idiot in Bellingham who attacked that lesbian couple won't try that again anytime soon.

Posted by: Red | Dec 15, 2011 5:11:40 PM

3. Definitely have a lot of respect for the lesbian couple who basically beat up their homophobic attacker. That's standing up for yourself, alright.

Posted by: Francis | Dec 15, 2011 5:25:07 PM

4. @Red You know, I have to say, I saw all my PE instructors naked when I was in junior high school and high school. Usually, they were changing out of their "street clothes" into their gym clothes, but on a few occasions, they did take showers with the students.

Not saying that he is innocent, but simply having taken a shower with a kid does not make him guilty, either.

Posted by: Rick | Dec 15, 2011 5:30:56 PM

5. Here's hoping Prince Harry dons a speedo in the Caribbean ... just saying, if you're going to the Caribbean you might as well make it a fun trip for all of us... :-)

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 15, 2011 5:54:56 PM

6. Can I have that baby seal? That is the cutest pic of 2011.

Posted by: Tom | Dec 15, 2011 7:09:42 PM

7. "So I don't see it as all that bizarre that Sandusky would have been showering with a kid after they had been playing basketball or something."

Except he's not accused of showering with boys, he's accused of raping them in the shower, rather different. Innocent until proven guilty in the justice system, but his soap excuse isn't doing him any favors unless you think it's ok for men to soap up children in the showers cause, you know, that's what sportsmen do.

Posted by: Ernie | Dec 15, 2011 8:31:17 PM

8. But if he did soap up the kids, it would be okay, because he was a manly man. Like the coaches I knew who RARELY showered with kids but when they did, they kept their distance and NEVER soaped us up. He just took it one, harmless, manly step further.

ke-riste on an effin' ke-ross

Posted by: TJ | Dec 16, 2011 1:45:51 AM

9. So Madonna is releasing a CD? Someone save us-she's been completely and utterly irrelevant for nigh on 26 years (save her autobiography 'The Sex Book'-yet more rampant attention seeking) and even then only a media carved, 'autotuned' gimmick laden "success story". If Madonna wants artistic credibility, she could at least learn how to sing.

Posted by: Molc | Dec 16, 2011 4:01:37 AM

10. baba booey! baba booey! howard stern's penis!

Posted by: EO | Dec 16, 2011 6:54:38 AM

11. I'm really glad Julia set that date.

I love Madonna... but I sincerely hate when musicians use those awfully spelled words in place of the correct way to spell it. What's so wrong with naming it Give Me All Your Lovin'?

Posted by: James | Dec 17, 2011 2:02:08 AM