2012 Election | Advertising | Barack Obama | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Evangelical Christians | News | Rick Perry

BigGayDeal.com

Rick Perry Attacks Gays in the Military, Obama's 'War on Religion' in New Ad: VIDEO

Dadt_perry

Rick Perry has a new ad out attacking gay service members and what he claims is Obama's "war on religion".

Says Perry in the ad:

"I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school. As President, I'll end Obama's war on religion. And I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage. Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Right Wing Watch notes:

Openly attacking gay people seems to be something of a new strategy for Perry. Yesterday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced that the Obama administration would be using foreign aid to work toward LGBT rights around the world, noting that in many countries people are routinely beaten, jailed and even killed just for being gay. In response, Perry lashed out with a statement accusing the administration of “promoting a lifestyle many Americas of faith find so deeply objectionable.”

Comments

1. Perry, you're over. You can stop campaigning now.

Posted by: Max | Dec 7, 2011 11:20:04 AM

2. The more substantive comments on this post are already obvious, so Ill say something superficial: I think I wore that belt in 1992 with my Z Cavaricci's (remember Hammer pants?). Where do you find a belt like that today?

Posted by: mike128 | Dec 7, 2011 11:22:12 AM

3. Oh but you should be ashamed that you are a bigotted vindictive Christian. No butts about it.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 7, 2011 11:24:15 AM

4. They blocked comments on this video for a reason.

Be sure to report to YouTube for hate speech.

Posted by: OMNOMNOM | Dec 7, 2011 11:29:22 AM

5. Not hard at all if you live out West, Mike 128. Just go to a place such as Shepler's in Colorado.

Posted by: Butch | Dec 7, 2011 11:37:27 AM

6. These would actually be examples of the Founding Fathers' war on religion, or perhaps the "activist" Supreme Court.

Posted by: Kendall | Dec 7, 2011 11:39:26 AM

7. Does he sit and laugh at himself? I really hope that one day he tells everyone that we were being Punk'd

Posted by: C.J. | Dec 7, 2011 11:39:37 AM

8. What is it with these Christians always labeling themselves as victims? Christmas is one of the most celebrated holidays in the U.S. there are shops/TV specials/posters/decorations in the streets etc. YEAH RIGHT! there is a war on Christmas! When I was in school Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzas etc. were celebrated equally and I'm not even religious!

Posted by: James | Dec 7, 2011 11:42:56 AM

9. Is it true people cannot celebrate Christmas in US? I mean really? Only in the closet?
    For a man who doesn't like gays, Rick surely thinks and talks about us a lot.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 7, 2011 11:43:09 AM

10. "promoting a lifestyle many Americas of faith find so deeply objectionable.” Does Rick not understand that the Republicans are promoting a lifestyle many Americans of faith and intelligence find deeply objectionable?

Posted by: Rick | Dec 7, 2011 11:45:03 AM

11. Yes, the dangerous closet case has crossed the line. Even George Bush never went this far.

Posted by: Patrick Wellington III | Dec 7, 2011 11:48:06 AM

12. He reminds me of Frank Burns from the Mash series or the Thad Castle character on Blue Mountain State. Repressed and arrogant. If my son were a boy scout, I wouldn't want Perry around him.

Ronald Reagan was not only a better actor, but also admitted to being one.

Rick Perry, you're no Ronald Reagan.

My heart goes out to the enlightened minority in Texas.

Posted by: Fahd | Dec 7, 2011 11:49:55 AM

13. Why can't kids pray or celebrate Christmas in school? Did I have an auditory hallucination when my sister was telling me about my 14 year old niece who is in the prayer club and a spirit booster who makes Christmas, and other holiday posters to put all over school?

Posted by: Fenrox | Dec 7, 2011 11:51:35 AM

14. If anything, phony religious nutjobs like Perry choose to believe, therefore, it IS a lifestyle. Nobody comes into the world religious unlike ourselves who are born gay. What a dumbass, but then that's what many in the GOP are. Dumber still are those right wing gays voting for them. If all of the parade of clows running on the GOP ticket declared that gays should NEVER have equality of any kind and the Supreme Court banned marriage equality, these same gay republicans would still vote for them.

Posted by: Robert in NYC | Dec 7, 2011 11:54:16 AM

15. Who can't openly celebrate Christmas?? Has he been to a mall recently?

Posted by: chad | Dec 7, 2011 11:54:25 AM

16. Of course, latch on to "hate the gays" - the last resort of foundering campaigns. I suppose it has managed to keep Santorum in the race and since there are enough tea partiers to go around, Perry will probably scrape through with 2%. Maybe someday he'll realize that 98% don't want this.

Posted by: Rob | Dec 7, 2011 11:55:51 AM

17. Guess what Ricky, 25% of Americans AREN'T christian and aren't going to convert to christianity because you think students should celebrate Christmas openly.

Posted by: Dave | Dec 7, 2011 12:05:31 PM

18. I also don't have to watch this commercial to deduce, look the word up Rick, that you're a right-wing goon.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Dec 7, 2011 12:10:15 PM

19. "N*ggerhead.../N*ggerhead.../It's Christmas Time/ At The Perry's...

Nuff said.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Dec 7, 2011 12:11:57 PM

20. They are still singing Christmas carols at the schools in my hometown in Michigan. They are putting up Christmas trees at the courthouse here in Tucson (they finally stopped putting up the rundown Nativity scene).

Posted by: homer | Dec 7, 2011 12:13:36 PM

21. Comments were actually allowed when it was uploaded. The got a few pages of negative ones and disabled them

Posted by: Steve | Dec 7, 2011 12:17:05 PM

22. Crawl back in your closet with your boytoy,Perry!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Dec 7, 2011 12:28:19 PM

23. Reported the video for hate speech... although I doubt they'll pull the video.

Posted by: Rick in Cincinnati | Dec 7, 2011 12:30:01 PM

24. Go to YouTube and report the video as "Promotes hatred or violence against a protected group."

YouTube defines "Hate speech is content that promotes or encourages hatred or violence towards a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status and sexual orientation/gender identity."

I added the comment that the video "Attacks sexual orientation (a natural occurence) based on religious views (a learned behavior).

Posted by: Jeff Kurtti | Dec 7, 2011 12:32:54 PM

25. Contrast this with Hillary's speech yesterday. I have a number of left-leaning criticisms of the administration, but on LGBT the difference is crystal clear. I frankly have no idea why some commentators from the 'Lincoln Lounge' even bother.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 7, 2011 12:34:10 PM