Comments

1. Artie says

As I explained on other thread, the only exception to privacy rights are politicians, elected or appointed public officials, and political operatives who help or encourage anti-gay policies to become part of public policy. Rick Perry’s affair with his Texas Secretary of State, Geoff Connor, was broadcast to an entire office of people, and in turn to the entire state of Texas, by Anita Perry, Rick’s wife, when she caught the two men in bed with each other the day before. I insist that Rick Perry reads the script from “Young Frankenstein” where Frau Blücher admits her romantic past: “Yes! Yes! Say it! He vas my boyfriend!”:

2. TJ says

Yep. Folks want a feller with a deep rudder. Someone they could drink a beer or ten with, who won’t make them feel dumb for hatin’ all that bs libruhl book learnin’ stuff. Who will agree with their Gawd-given right to be right even when they ain’t.

3. Jeremy says

How on earth does a major presidential candidate not know the names of the nine justices? I’m a MUSICIAN and I know them:

Scalia
    Thomas
    Alito
    Roberts
    Kennedy
    Sotomayor
    Ginsburg
    Kagan
    Breyer

I did have to look up Breyer, since I couldn’t remember if he’d retired or not, but I’M NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

4. Bobby says

And this is why we in Texas so desperately want to foist him off on someone else. Not that we want to ruin the entire nation, we just want him gone already! We know he’ll never win a national election, but if we can just get rid of him, we can begin the multi-century task of rebuilding our state from the damage he’s done here.

5. RWG says

You’d think that the GOP, out of nothing more than common decency, would declare “we’re sitting this one out”, and not run a candidate at all. Have these people no sense of shame? I think the slogan for the convention in Tampa should be “I’m stupid and I love it!” Pass out t-shirts and buttons at the door…bumper stickers for the ride home.

6. Mary says

Exactly, Walter, I was going to suggest that to save time, a future post about the Governnor simply state “Ricky Perry – proudly ignorant.” Considering the large number of things he’s ignorant of.

I’m a Republican and one of my biggest fears is that Perry will be the nominee and then it will be revealed that he’s had affairs with men. I don’t begrudge the Governor his right to boy-on-boy action if that’s what floats his boat, but he shouldn’t embarass social conservatives like this by running for President in the Republican primaries. Apparently Perry is a graduate of the Sarah Palin School of Political Dignity.

Between the socially liberal Romney and Huntsman, the adulterous Gingrich, Cain dropping out, Santorum and Bachman being unelectable and Perry being…well, Perry., it seems as if every Republican voter should change his first,middle, and last names. My suggestion: “Shoot Me Now”

7. alex says

I despise Rick Perry with every fiber of my being. But, this “controversy” seems a bit overblown. People occasionally forget things, particularly in high-stress situations. We have plenty of policies and prepared statements to use to discredit Perry. Using something like this merely makes the anti-Perry crowd seem petty. Case in point: if an anti-Obama person brings up the “57 states” mistake, don’t you immediately dismiss them as ridiculous?

8. andnowwhat says

the american people would be better served by a robot that can recite the names of all nine supreme court justices over a presidential candidate who cannot.

9. justinw says

Rick, Rick, Rick. Please just hang it up. You’re clearly too stupid to realize how deep in the sheep dip you are, and one thing we’d really like in our next president is for his IQ to have three digits, not one.

10. rafi says

@ALEX, there’s a difference between accidentally saying incorrect that you clearly know, like the number of states, and actually making the argument that you don’t need to know something basic, like the names of the Supreme Court justices.

One is a slip of the tongue and the other is actual ignorance. And then that ignorance is defended, which is worse.