Zimbabwean MP Jailed After Calling Robert Mugabe a Homosexual

A Zimbabwean MP is under arrest after she called President Robert Mugabe a homosexual, the Daily Nation reports:

MugabeMrs Lillian Kirenyi, a legislator from Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai’s Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) party was on Tuesday charged with undermining the authority of President Mugabe.

The court was told that the MP committed the alleged offence during an address to party supporters on December 9.

She allegedly said: “Zanu PF (President Mugabe’s party) members been attacking MDC president Tsvangirai alleging he is pro-homosexuals yet Robert Mugabe has practiced homosexuality with (Professor) Jonathan Moyo (former Information minister) and Canaan Banana (Zimbabwe’s first ceremonial president).”

Comments

1. Jason 2 says

Mugabe sort of looks like a gorilla. Pat Robertson sort of looks like a chimp. I wonder if it’s a coincidence that human scum generally looks more monkey or ape-like than the rest of us.

2. Sargon Bighorn says

The fixation on Homosexuality is astounding. Have they no poverty or disease to think of? Have they no schools or hospitals to build? Why these people spend so much time and effort thinking of homosexuality sheds light on what they dwell on. Really it’s all so telling.

3. redball says

ooo…she named names! JUICY. and gives her statement a lot more meat than just a random “he’s gay!”

f’ed up that girlfriend got thrown in jail for this…wha?!

4. Paul B. says

I can’t remember the last time I thought about hetero-sex or talked about it with my friends or local politicians. OMG…they sure have a fascination with what we do with our junk. Did you know that “homosexuals eat poo-poo”…according to another African political elite. Never done that myself. Don’t know anyone who does…but they sure like to think about that too. It’s fun watching Africa succumb to the evangelicals.

5. Soren456 says

Mrs. Lillian Kirenyi just sent me an email offering half the $65 million she has to get out of the country before Jan. 1 if I will help her do it. I hope this arrest doesn’t goof up the deal.

6. whatsmyparty says

I’d like to extend a personal thank you to backwards countries like this for demonstrating to the US’s Republican base the difference between not having free speech and being called out for arguments rooted in hatred, bigotry, and lies.

7. Mel Smith says

I agree with PrincelY54. Accusing Mugabe of being gay is huge. He might be the worse homophobe on the planet. From my experience, the worse people in the world usually have extreme self-hate issues.

That woman accusing him of being gay is brave. They put her in jail? Yep, he might indeed be one of us. Sick and disgusting.

8. johnny says

No, sunglasses, you obvious spammer, the world needs to understand that there are gay men and women everywhere and it’s about time we’re treated like humans regardless of our sexuality.

F*ck the world’s various laws if they can’t treat gay people equally, no matter who we are or who we love.