Adele | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

71 People Cover 'Rolling in the Deep': VIDEO

Rolling

Seventy-one covers of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep", some more successful than others, stitched into a single track.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via the daily what)

Comments

1. Wow- there was a whole section in the middle where everyone was off-key. Pretty great though!

Posted by: Frank | Jan 19, 2012 10:51:11 AM

2. Terrific...even the off-key parts. Then again, I think it's the best song in 20 years.

Posted by: Bryan | Jan 19, 2012 11:03:12 AM

3. Alot of talented people out there.

Posted by: Bruce | Jan 19, 2012 11:37:49 AM

4. The off-key section in the middle was because they used the original backing track but over-layed vocals taht were sung in a different key. I do't think it had anything to do with the talent of most of those folks. Notice that most of the folks singing in the middle were guys. That being said, number 44 was pretty awesome.

Posted by: JD Swell | Jan 19, 2012 11:49:32 AM

5. JD is right. Almost all the guys and a few of the gals sang in keys that were in their range, not Adele's original key. Artists don't always sing their own songs in the same key all the time, either; if those high notes are too much on a given night, they just pitch it down a key or two.

Posted by: Jon | Jan 19, 2012 12:40:41 PM

6. That was amazing! So many talented people in the world.

Posted by: lessthan | Jan 19, 2012 12:47:12 PM

7. Oh God do I hate that song!

Posted by: Brad | Jan 19, 2012 4:50:24 PM

8. 44, Sam Tsui!

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jan 19, 2012 6:31:29 PM

9. I never paid much attention to the song before. What the hell does it mean? What is 'rolling in the deep'? And what does it mean to hold a heart in one's hand and play it to the beat? It's either brilliant poetry or I'm a stupid ass. (Probably the latter...)

It's not as bad as the lyrics to "I want it that way" by the Backstreet Boys. Listen to the lyrics. The song means absolutely nothing. It's like a bad translation of a Sweedish pop song.

Posted by: bravo | Jan 19, 2012 9:04:53 PM

10. 1,9,10,22,46,64 & 68 were the ones that really jumped out at me, though I think 68 was in a different key. Interesting that it was #44 (the cute dark haired guy in the red shirt) who just nailed the note so perfectly the first time I watched this, and I thought, "I gotta remember him," and then he seems to be the one everyone on this thread notices. Talented boy!

Posted by: Dback | Jan 20, 2012 9:19:50 AM