Comments

1. ams says

Well, if you just pretend it’s the first movie it’s assumed they are just regular soldiers – since all the stormtrooper voices in the original movie were different. But the whole thing is kind of sad anyway, since they are about to be blown up.

2. yadda says

think that stormtroopers are clones = under 25 years old

think that the prequels are misleading (i.e. stormtrooper clones, medichlorians) and that this was a tribute to the original without all the added bs = 25 years old and above

3. Rick says

Not to read too much into it, but it does underscore to me the misguidedness of radical activists who think the solution to homophobia is to create total social anarchy and destroy ALL cultural standards and ANY kind of conformity.

By taking that approach, they only ensure that they will be dismissed as extremists. Human culture is defined to a great extent by behavioral conformity….and it has to be that way for society to function. The trick is to a) do away with BAD elements of the culture–like homophobia, and b) to not become so rigidly conformist that individuality and personal expression are crushed.

Unfortunately, while early gay activists understood that, many comtemporary activists don’t seem to, which is why I think the movement has stagnated.

4. jamal49 says

@TAMPAZEKE Yours is the best comment of all. I had similar sentiments.

Ademas el video es excelente muy bien hecha y aplicable a los debates de hoy en dia.

5. Matt says

This scene is clearly set at the end of the original film (the so-called “Episode IV”). By this time, as others have mentioned, the stormtroopers were NOT all clones–regardless of whether you go by the intent at the time the movie was made (when there is no mention of them being clones) or the “official” Lucasfilm answer now.

6. Frank Butterfield says

I really love this!

And, as an aside, whoever did the subtitles is translating “indignados” as “angry people” and I would propose that the better translation would be “rebels.”

7. B says

lol Clearly the other trooper didn’t hear the words surrounding the I Love You…
    I wouldn’t be so giddy if my guy said he didn’t want to fight to be able to publicly show his love for me, nor want anyone knowing we were together.

@Jt: They mentioned that they had just blown up Alderan, but the other was pretty distracted I guess, since he had no idea. Don’t know if that changes anything.

8. BobN says

Leave it to Rick to clearly identify the caricature of left/right.

Also leave it to Rick to accept the caricature and perpetuate it.

This cute video isn’t about Stormtroopers or even gay people. It’s about Spain.

9. jaragon says

Nice to see a bit of gay romance in the “Star Wars” universe-( and who cares if they are clones this is sci-fi after all) The Spanish soundtrack really makes it work-so unless you understand the actors you are missing a lot of the humor- but the end was really sweet. Muy bien echo!