GLAAD | News

BigGayDeal.com

23rd Annual GLAAD Media Award Nominees Announced

Towleroad was surprised and pleased to be included among the nominees for Outstanding Blog for this year's 23rd annual GLAAD Media Awards. Other blog nominees include Mombian, The New Civil Rights Movement, Bilerico Project, and Rod 2.0.

WkdAccording to GLAAD, "The awards recognize outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community in news coverage and entertainment media.  The awards complement and fund GLAAD’s work to share the stories of LGBT people through the media."

There are 151 nominees in a variety of categories. The awards are held in New York City on March 24, Los Angeles on April 21 and in San Francisco on June 2

The organization sent along a clip of some of the other nominees, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'm not surprised, this is my favorite blog. Congrats Andy.

Posted by: Erich | Jan 19, 2012 8:35:33 AM

2. Of course you've been nominated. This is by far the most news savy site, with the greatest look, greatest diversity and greatest comment thread bespeaking the most hard-working, passionate and inspired efforts to be found. Congratulations. I expect you to win.

Posted by: uffda | Jan 19, 2012 8:42:21 AM

3. A well-deserved nomination! :) Everyone should run out and see "Pariah" ASAP--it's amazing. (Too bad it'll probably lose Outstanding Limited Release Film to "Weekend.")

Posted by: Dback | Jan 19, 2012 9:21:53 AM

4. Congrats, Andy, for producing such a great site!

I must admit, I got a bit emotional and teary eyed watching the GLAAD video. I know many of us are critical of this media advocacy organization, but I was impressed with all the media footage from shows illustrating our lives in a real and honest way.

It feels unbelievably good to see members of our community on screen and on the telly, I get emotional looking at it.

Posted by: Xavi | Jan 19, 2012 9:46:52 AM

5. @ Xani....Ditto....

Posted by: Jeffrey | Jan 19, 2012 11:25:13 AM

6. I meant, @Xavi...forgive me....

Posted by: Jeffrey | Jan 19, 2012 11:27:40 AM

7. Well-deserved. your blog is essential daily reading for this engaged, part-time LGBT activist. your blog is invaluable...and well-written and art-directed. thank you.

Posted by: Joe | Jan 19, 2012 11:41:09 AM

8. Congradulations!! You deserve it!!

Posted by: John | Jan 19, 2012 12:16:21 PM

9. Elated to see "Weekend" get some kind of awards acknowledgement. I can't stop grassroots promoting this wonderful fill; I tell everyone who appreciates cinema about it.

Posted by: Dr.Theopolis | Jan 19, 2012 2:59:43 PM

10. Andy your blog is worthy of nomination and recognition but GLAAD is just a money sucking-entertainment industry f*@king worthlessly bloated organization with no relevance anymore.
    These over priced balls are pitched to the big corporations.
    Who needs them. they bring no recognition whatsoever but rake in millions for no benefit to the community.

Posted by: mcNnyc | Jan 19, 2012 7:42:12 PM

11. I'm not suprised either. Towleroad is my only blog! Congrats!!!

Posted by: Chicklets | Jan 19, 2012 8:17:50 PM

12. congrats on the nod! I have to ask why does this organization not recognize Ru Paul? Everyone in the world knows who Ru Paul is. except GLAAD!He is ignored every year by GLAAD! Ru has brought more Positive attention to Gay life than any winner they have EVER given an award to. WHY? please explain the drag phobia of GLAAD to us!

Posted by: Marty | Jan 19, 2012 11:47:25 PM

13. No way. Rue Paul has brought more Negative attention to Gay life than anyone. A drag queen who looks like halitosis incarnate, he's an idiot embarrassement and a drop dead bore.

Posted by: uffda | Jan 20, 2012 12:32:10 AM