Lady Gaga | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

An Epic 'It Gets Better' Lady Gaga Gay Prom Extravaganza: VIDEO

Igb

Check out this "It Gets Better" anti-bullying musical production set to Lady Gaga's "Hair" directed, produced, and edited by Madison, Wisconsin's Colton Boettcher.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Igb2

Comments

1. You go kids!

Posted by: Yes | Jan 26, 2012 5:50:05 PM

2. Homophobia is largely a generational issue. It’s only a matter of time before the Pat Roberson’s of the world die off.

Posted by: Paul | Jan 26, 2012 5:56:07 PM

3. What if this actually makes me want to kill myself?

Posted by: Jimmy | Jan 26, 2012 6:03:54 PM

4. Kids today! How great of that high school to allow this to be filmed there. This video has a really huge heart, doesn't it? Some very good dancing. That blond dancer (Bryce) has tons of charm onscreen. It helps that he's so cute! Smart editing choice to feature him a lot. Good job all around!!

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jan 26, 2012 6:10:19 PM

5. Great video.

Just would like to point out that they listed the wrong number for the Trevor Lifeline.

The Trevor LIfeline number is 1.866.4.U.TREVOR.

Posted by: Wes | Jan 26, 2012 6:12:30 PM

6. Dying. SO effing cute.

Posted by: David in NYC | Jan 26, 2012 6:18:37 PM

7. This was 19 types of adorable! SIncere and well-danced too...

in fact, this was so much better than Gaga's "Edge of Glory" video, I hope she just hires y'all plus her own dancers for a re-do.

Cheers!

Posted by: Strepsi | Jan 26, 2012 6:35:44 PM

8. I'm kvelling here. Rock on kids.

Posted by: Hoss | Jan 26, 2012 6:44:48 PM

9. Wow.

Posted by: Randy | Jan 26, 2012 6:45:20 PM

10. God, I am so embarrassed to be a fag these days.

Posted by: MJ | Jan 26, 2012 6:58:52 PM

11. It's very sweet but I call those workout routines, not dancing.

Posted by: Steve Sando | Jan 26, 2012 7:23:02 PM

12. Why MJ? Because you never had the balls to express yourself? Because your self-expression is different than any of the kids in this video? Get over it, you are no better than the straight homophobes who bully and put gay people down. Life is made better by all types of people. If you don't see things the way I do, fine, I don't expect you to - BUT - don't denigrate me because of our differences, I certainly won't do it to you. I will call you out for being a prick though, if you make statements like that. I'm no fan of Gaga, but these kids were great and put out a great message, if anything I am more proud to be a fag. Thanks Colton and everyone else in the video.

Posted by: Kenneth | Jan 26, 2012 7:25:42 PM

13. I am normally a bitter and jaded queen...but this video really yanked at my heart strings and I can't stop crying. Very very well done. Thanks for the video, and keep up the great work kids.

Posted by: Frank-Joseph | Jan 26, 2012 7:37:41 PM

14. I was so blown away when my friend told me Towleroad posted the video! I'm glad we are getting the message out! We all put so much time, effort, (not to mention money) into this project! Everyone has been so supportive and amazing! Let's make this message viral! #endbullying #itgetsbetter

Posted by: Colton Boettcher | Jan 26, 2012 8:34:32 PM

15. this made me cry, i wish so many of us who were bullied and hated on, in middle and HS, had this type of support and inspiration; I love the seeing the younger generation really step up around ending the cycle of bullying.

Posted by: gc | Jan 26, 2012 8:51:06 PM

16. My partner and I LOVED this! This was such an inspirational video. It is definitely going up on my Web Site tonight!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Jan 26, 2012 9:27:07 PM

17. that's my old hs! amaze ballz

Posted by: philip renner | Jan 26, 2012 9:31:41 PM

18. I just wish I had gone to such an amazing school as Bondeul High School. I think I would have been a much better person for it.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jan 26, 2012 9:43:21 PM

19. @Colton Boettcher

You and your friends did an amazing job! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Posted by: Mike | Jan 26, 2012 9:59:58 PM

20. I was in tears thinking about how impossible a video like this would have been 25 years ago. These kids are amazing. Bravi! Well done, all. Seriously - you guys rock.

Posted by: bravo | Jan 26, 2012 10:17:21 PM

21. Oh, and finally a HOT Colton with musical and artistic talent!

Posted by: bravo | Jan 26, 2012 10:19:24 PM

22. How lucky gay guys are that there are always dynamite, talented, intelligent, open-minded women who want us as friends. Throughout my life women like that have made my life worth living and maybe saved my life. This video captured that for me. The women in this video are looking pretty good.

Posted by: mark | Jan 26, 2012 10:34:40 PM

23. Hey Colton,
    You are amazing!
    I only wish there had been more guys like you around when I was in high school. My experiences were (unfortunately) very, very unpleasant. No one was "out"...including me.
    Loved the video,
    Congrats!

Posted by: bruce | Jan 26, 2012 10:37:14 PM

24. I totally agree with you GC.

Awesome. I loved it!!

Posted by: Mickey | Jan 26, 2012 10:44:08 PM

25. This things always make me both cringe and tear up. That gym looked so much like my own high school's gymnasium. I think that's what sold it for me, the realization that this sort of thing is happening. It's a tremendous relief.

Posted by: Mike M. | Jan 26, 2012 11:37:55 PM