Books | MAurice Sendak | News | Stephen Colbert

In Part 2 of His Genius Interview, Colbert and Maurice Sendak Get High on Markers: VIDEO

Scolbert_sendak

Stephen Colbert continues his brilliant interview with gay Where the Wild Things Are and In the Night Kitchen author Maurice Sendak by dishing on other children's book authors and getting high on markers.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Don't miss PART ONE, which I posted yesterday. Watch it HERE.

Comments

1. He is a treasure. They both are.

Posted by: Andrew | Jan 26, 2012 11:24:18 AM

2. These two Sendak interviews have had me rollin' on the floor in hysterics!

Funny shiz!

Posted by: Marc C | Jan 26, 2012 11:33:24 AM

3. I have never found Stephen Colbert to be very funny.

Posted by: Sam | Jan 26, 2012 11:39:46 AM

4. The best moment in either interview is at the very, very end of the second one where Sendak gives his opinion about eBooks. I nearly wet myself!

Posted by: JC | Jan 26, 2012 12:27:16 PM

5. HAHAHA I love how blunt and grouchy Sendak is! He will say what he thinks and doesn't give a sh*t what you may think!

Posted by: Lucas | Jan 26, 2012 12:45:27 PM

6. "The sad this is I like it" described my feeling about his book, too. It was actually pretty good for a kid's book.

Posted by: RandySF | Jan 26, 2012 12:52:26 PM

7. As good as the first if not better. I think it should be a monthly rendez-vous as they seem to really hit it off. Lovely.

Posted by: Jim | Jan 26, 2012 1:05:38 PM

8. The two interviews were some of the funniest that Colbert's ever done. Sendak was so grumpy, so grouchy, so feisty, and yet so charming every time he broke down in a laugh - couldn't help but fall in love with both of them.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Jan 26, 2012 1:27:04 PM

9. Please don't go. We'll eat you up .We love you so.

Parting words from Maurice Sendak's classic Where the wild things are.
    That how it felt with this very funny interview
    when it was all over!

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Jan 26, 2012 1:56:54 PM

10. One thing that's funny about this to me as an amateur artist is that Sharpie markers (which is what they're using) DON'T get you high! It's the older "magic" and Pantone markers that use strong solvents that have that effect. So the creative thoughts Sendak claims are purely his own spurred by the placebo effect of sniffing the marker.

Posted by: Caliban | Jan 26, 2012 2:36:15 PM

11. Never felt the need to post before but I had to now. Maurice Sendak is now a hero of mine. He has my vote for Official Curmudgeon of the Gay Community. If we ever have a kid his books are first on our list.

Posted by: HM2 Matt | Jan 26, 2012 2:58:14 PM

12. This interview is possibly the greatest thing that has ever appeared on television.

Posted by: Pender | Jan 26, 2012 2:59:42 PM

13. @ PENDER, seconded.

Posted by: HM2 Matt | Jan 26, 2012 3:16:22 PM

14. I adore both of them.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jan 26, 2012 3:28:45 PM

15. I am dying here in Canada! Why are all Colbert Report videos blocked everywhere in Canada????? I have to read the content of this interview with one of my fave authors/illustrators without being able to view the interview on video.

Posted by: Kim | Jan 27, 2012 1:02:12 PM