Brad Pitt | Gay Marriage | News

BigGayDeal.com

Brad Pitt Might Break His Pledge and Get Married Before Everyone Can: VIDEO

Brad_pittBrad Pitt, who has repeated numerous times since 2006 that he and Angelina Jolie would not marry until gay people can (and put his money where his mouth is by donating $100,000 to the campaign against Prop 8), tells the Hollywood Reporter that the pull of tying the knot may be too strong:

"We’d actually like to, and it seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren’t going to do it till everyone can. But I don’t think we’ll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment.”

Has he asked Jolie to marry him?

“I’m not going to go any further. But to be in love with someone and be raising a family with someone and want to make that commitment and not be able to is ludicrous, just ludicrous.”

Watch Pitt shake his mane in his THR cover shoot, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The drive to give your children every legal protection possible is strong and something every parent endeavors toward. Additionally, the American Academy of Pediatrics supports marriage equality because children benefit psychologically and socially from having married parents (gay or straight). I don't blame him a bit for changing his mind. I would. I only wish my kids had the same rights to have married parents as his do.

Posted by: boone68 | Jan 25, 2012 7:12:38 PM

2. So basically your words mean nothing. That's okay, you're just like the rest of artificial and lying Hollywood. And, from the looks of the sycophantic comments here, you'll be cheered on by those poor souls once again on the outside looking in.

Posted by: cranky1 | Jan 25, 2012 7:15:45 PM

3. >Maybe he just needs his brain f**ked out.<

"Go right ahead. But don't come back and tell us about it. I want to keep my lunch down."

I wasn't volunteering. I'll never need it that badly.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jan 25, 2012 8:11:53 PM

4. Let them do whatever they want - but I also think that it's sort of lame to make a declaration/commitment of support and then back out on it when you just don't feel like it anymore. I'm not meaning to detract from whatever else they may have done for the community (I'm actually not sure what that would have been, but...). However, I will say that it's always easy to stand in solidarity with the underdog, until it's not... and there's something to be said for the people who stand with us when it's not easy. That's all.

Posted by: mike128 | Jan 25, 2012 9:03:02 PM

5. I have no problem with them getting married. They put up a good fight but I totally understand and support them. As for Jason and Mike128, why don't you two go play in traffic?

Posted by: Jersey | Jan 25, 2012 9:49:19 PM

6. Mike128: "I will say that it's always easy to stand in solidarity with the underdog, until it's not..."

Exactly.

Posted by: Stuart | Jan 25, 2012 10:50:17 PM

7. i.o.w. Pitt supports the cause of equality so long as it's convenient.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jan 26, 2012 3:10:58 AM

8. Brad is producing the Normal Heart film

Posted by: Kim | Jan 26, 2012 1:11:48 PM

9. Any gay couple who gets married when all gay couples aren't able to get married in every state is a traitor to the cause. As a matter fact any couple who gets married is the enemy IMO

Posted by: Jason 2.0 | Jan 26, 2012 2:14:17 PM

10. It must be horrible to be completely filled with anger and bitterness, to have absolutely nothing positive in your life.

In other words, it must be horrible to be JASON.

Posted by: Ronster | Jan 26, 2012 4:20:17 PM

11. "ludicrous"? not to be able to make that commitment? How about keeping the commitment this time, and not cheating then divorcing. That seems pretty ludicrous from your line of reasoning.

Seriously? I like Brad, but come down off your high horse. It's knees are buckling.

Posted by: mododavidmododavid | Jan 27, 2012 7:39:06 PM