Comments

1. FMB says

Sometimes I don’t get people. He’s personally in favor of gay marriage? But it’s an irrelevant issue? How can civil rights be irrelevant. An elected official should not always pander to his constituents but do what is right even if the “lion’s share” of the people who elected him are against it.

2. Robert in NYC says

So what if the economy were booming and jobs were plentiful. He’d still sit on the fence? They’ll come up with any excuse to avoid doing the right thing, democrat or republican. Their careers are far more important as well as the power that goes to their heads.

3. KT says

I really don’t get Rawlings. He said after the pledge was created that he was personally for gay marriage. Maybe I’m mistaken but isn’t that the whole point of the pledge? The mayors aren’t speaking for their cities, but themselves. Considering Rawlings already publically announced his support of gay marriage, what’s the harm in signing the pledge? If he had just signed it, there would be no brouhaha going on right now. (Another article I read said he even got pushback from his daughter and son for not signing the pledge. Its nice to see the future generation is not as ignorant as some of the previous ones.)

4. AllBeefPatty says

Hey…waitaminute.

I thought that it was a Texas miracle for jobs and the economy.

Are you telling me that’s a lie or are you just a lying sackofshit.

5. Mark says

Another passive-aggressive bigot.

Texas is a miracle if you are wealthy–or upper middle class and employed with a good salary.

Otherwise you have a bevvy of choices when it comes to low-salary, dead-end jobs (which companies want you to believe you should be insanely grateful for “in this economy”).

6. Tiffbish says

KT – you said ”
    (Another article I read said he even got pushback from his daughter and son for not signing the pledge. Its nice to see the future generation is not as ignorant as some of the previous ones.)”

I would very much like to read that article. If you could post a link that would be awesome!

Mayor Rawlings = coward!