Girl Scouts | News | Transgender

BigGayDeal.com

Girl Scout Calls for Boycott of Cookies Because Organization Welcomes Transgender Kids: VIDEO

Girlscout

A 14-year-old Girl Scout named Taylor is calling for a boycott of Girl Scout Cookies because the organization welcomes transgender children, World Net Daily reports.

Says Taylor, in a YouTube video: “The real question is, why is GSUSA willing to break their own safety rules and go against its own research institute findings to accommodate transgender boys? Unfortunately, I think it is because GSUSA cares more about promoting the desires of a small handful of people than it does for my safety and the safety of my friends and sister Girl Scouts, and they are doing it with money we earned for them from Girl Scout cookies.”

The Girl Scouts of America's inclusive policy made headlines last fall when a Colorado troop refused (and later reversed) admittance to Bobby Montoya, a transgender 7-year-old.

Watch Taylor's YouTube call for a boycott, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Exactly how is she in danger? Perhaps the trans kids want to give makeovers?

Bet her parents put her up to this...or she got the idea from overhearing her parents complain about it.

Posted by: qj201 | Jan 11, 2012 11:38:57 AM

2. Now I really want to go buy girlscout cookies.

Posted by: Peter | Jan 11, 2012 11:39:06 AM

3. Guess I'll be buying a lot of Girl Scout cookes this year.

Posted by: Cello_Jay | Jan 11, 2012 11:42:05 AM

4. A 14 year old advocating discrimination.
    What a wonderful world.

Posted by: SFshawn | Jan 11, 2012 11:47:22 AM

5. A case of Do-si-dos, please!

Perhaps Bobby Montoya can be the biggest seller this year. That would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Posted by: Frank | Jan 11, 2012 11:49:41 AM

6. Boy is this chick barking up the wrong tree. The Girl Scouts have long been known as a harbinger for lesbians.

Posted by: oliver | Jan 11, 2012 11:50:52 AM

7. @ QJ201
    I'm thinking their reasoning is a male-bodied child would molest or harass the girls. In other words, a variation on the "hide yo kids hide yo wife" defense used against transpeople using bathrooms and changing rooms.

Posted by: Birdie | Jan 11, 2012 11:54:58 AM

8. If she really wanted to protest, she'd quit the Girl Scouts.

Posted by: John in Houston | Jan 11, 2012 11:59:41 AM

9. How long before we see this girl on a major news/talk show?

Posted by: JNJ | Jan 11, 2012 11:59:53 AM

10. Aw. Mama and Dadda Bigot must be so proud.

Posted by: Tom | Jan 11, 2012 12:02:26 PM

11. With any luck this girl will grow up and marry one of Rick Santorum's sons.

Posted by: Plain Jane | Jan 11, 2012 12:07:31 PM

12. It's sad that involved, articulate and intelligent kids get swept up in this kind of foolishness. It should also be noted that the Boy Scouts, who are FAMOUSLY anti-gay, don't need to sell cookies because they are funded by the Mormons. So - I'm doubling my order of Thin Mints.

Posted by: Jared Alessandroni | Jan 11, 2012 12:08:36 PM

13. Great! This gives me an excuse to buy even more Thin Mints this year!

Posted by: db | Jan 11, 2012 12:10:15 PM

14. The person who owns that YouTube channel (who is not the girl in the video but a Girl Scout leader) closed down and hid all comments a few minutes ago.

In one reply "HonestGirlScouts"described what she was doing as "honest and fair" as per the Girl Scout requirements.

I took a screen shot of some of the comments and replies.

Posted by: MikeW | Jan 11, 2012 12:11:07 PM

15. Nice cross. I see Mommy and Daddy taught you the proper way to use it.

Posted by: kpo5 | Jan 11, 2012 12:21:12 PM

16. As many of you have already mentioned, my first thought was "how is she in danger?"

The Girl Scouts should not discriminate and that's exactly what this young girl is demanding. To placate this situation the Girl Scouts should suggest to the young girl that if she is uncomfortable being a member of the Girl Scouts then she should resign her membership.

A transgendered child is no more dangerous than a non-transgendered child. A bigotted child is dangerous.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Jan 11, 2012 12:23:13 PM

17. One could read (and I assume post) comments until just a few minutes ago. I guess she got tired of defending her position. She certainly is entitled to an opinion, and the opportunity to defend it. But I suspect that TOM has got it right: Mom and dad - and FOX - must be so proud. Beware the Bogieman! Transgenders are out to get us!

Posted by: TJ | Jan 11, 2012 12:24:37 PM

18. She looks like she's missing a chromosome.

Posted by: The Milkman | Jan 11, 2012 12:25:08 PM

19. Comments and likes have been disabled, but in protest I flagged it as inappropriate for inciting hatred against vulnerable people.

As to her intelligence, I'm not impressed. Her ability to read what was put in front of her however would do her parents/scout leaders proud.

Posted by: Allan | Jan 11, 2012 12:25:41 PM

20. Most Girl Scouts selling in front of stores have a bin for "Operation Cookie Drop", through which the cookies you donate head to the troops. Since I can't eat the cookies, that's what I always do, and feel even better about the donation now.

Posted by: KJ | Jan 11, 2012 12:27:23 PM

21. You can't comment on the video but you can comment on "HonestGirlScouts" channel. I and many other have done so.

Posted by: Caliban | Jan 11, 2012 12:27:34 PM

22. Screw the diet...I am buying cookies!

Posted by: Jake | Jan 11, 2012 12:28:46 PM

23. Why is this news? Bigots of all ages say dumb things every day. She only has any power or notoriety because people are posting what she has said.

Posted by: Quill | Jan 11, 2012 12:34:25 PM

24. Channel comment link: http://www.youtube.com/user/HonestGirlScouts/feed?filter=1

Posted by: MikeW | Jan 11, 2012 12:37:06 PM

25. They are jeopardizing her safety by allowing female-identifying people to join? But what of the female-identifying people she is asking be turned away? Is their mental safety and well-being not worthy of protection? Should people who identify as female but have biologically male parts be forced to feel left out? Be forced into the Boy Scouts so they can be discriminated against and made to feel even worse about the fact that they don't relate to their body the way people tell them they should?

I think the safety of a minority with higher odds of being bullied and driven into dangerous coping mechanisms is more important than the comfort level a fourteen year old feels. Especially when the specific child this happened to is only seven.

People disappoint me daily.

Posted by: Kevin | Jan 11, 2012 12:41:32 PM