Trans Activists Glitterbomb Dan Savage for, Among Other Things, Support of Marriage Equality

Dan Savage was glittered by transgender activists for the third time in recent months, Canada's XTRA reports:

SavageA group of six activists, who named themselves The Homomilitia for the event, said they confronted Savage as he entered the theatre through a back-alley entrance.

In an interview with Xtra after the confrontation, activist Fister Limp Wrist accused Savage of "ableist, racist, transphobic, fat-phobic, sero-phobic and rape-apologist attitudes and views." Activists handed audience members bright pink pamphlets outlining their accusations as they entered the theatre.

One of the attacks on Savage included a potentially injurious glass jar which was thrown at (and missed) his face. Savage says the attacks against him spring from a time when he "didn't have a firm understanding of the nuances of trans issues" according to XTRA, and he is now more reluctant to discuss them because of the attacks. In November, he defended himself against the attacks.

Said Savage:

It's clear from the transcript—and it's clear from the way that my remarks are being actively and maliciously misrepresented—that the people pushing this "Dan Savage is transphobic!" meme are not honest actors. False accusations of engaging hate speech are themselves a form hate speech—particularly in the hothouse environment of LGBT activism. Any honest reader of my column, like any honest person who attended my Q&A at UCI, knows that not only I am not transphobic, I'm pretty rabidly pro-trans.

Or: If I'm the enemy of trans people everywhere, trans people everywhere could use more enemies like me.

In the latest attack on Savage, the activists appear to be focusing on the fact that he supports marriage equality:

Queer activists have historically used glitter-bombing as a tactic against conservative politicians and high-profile anti-gay bigots, Vancouver protester Lavender Menace notes. Asked if she lumps Savage in with such people, she says people have different ways of contributing to oppressive systems.

"Savage is taking on being a speaker and leader in this movement. We have to take that into account," she adds. "He's part of a broader [group] of gay, white, cis-gendered, able-bodied gay men focused on gay-marriage priorities. We want to say those priorities are messed up."

Savage's audience took his side, the paper reports, offering him a long ovation, when he suggested, "If you have a disagreement with your allies, you discuss it. You don't attack them."

Comments

1. FernLaPlante says

These glitter-bombing idiots are just working against themselves and the cause. I don’t get why they are g-bombing Savage for SUPPORTING marriage equality?

2. carsson says

Well, the marriage equality priorities aren’t messed up for me. I’m a 55 year old lesbian who has been in a relationship with my partner for two decades. I need and want the economic and legal protections of marriage. They have the right to say the priorities are messed up, and I have the right to disagree. If you have different priorities, then work for the change you desire. Don’t throw crap in the face of an ally. I despise their behavior toward Dan Savage. Dan Savage is not the enemy.

3. JWL says

Im getting tired of “Trans Activists”, you are either 100% with them or 100% against them and they seem to have no middle ground. They are apparently not interested in working together, and neither am I really. Marriage is important to a lot of Gay and Lesbian and Bisexual couples, so that is our focus. We have made a grave mistake in this alphabet soup business. LGB is more than enough to handle. T and Q can handle their own business.

4. says

As Savage states, in the past he made comments that were ignorant because he didn’t have a good understanding of the trans community. However; people have informed him and he does try to speak out for trans issues on his podcast. He’s not perfect, but no one is.

I think it’s a bit selfish of trans activists to be angry about him supporting marriage equality. He has to support himself and countless families like him. I know binational couples are a minority in the LGBT community, but where does marriage inequality leave them?

5. Jim says

I think this group of Trans-activist are wrong. Marriage equality is very important to many in the LGBT community, and I personally see it as a huge stepping stone to full equality, because it keeps the spotlight on.

That said, I want to voice my support for the Trans community. These activists don’t speak for the entire trans community, any more than ACT UP or LCR speak for all gay men. The trans people I know just want equality, and to not be treated as freaks. Which is pretty much what everyone else in the gay community wants too.

6. JWL says

7. Stranded says

Glitter bombing anyone for any reason (other than, say, their birthday) is assault and doesn’t do anything but convince the people who disagree with you that they’re right. There are better ways that don’t disgrace your cause.

8. ColinATL says

I am very supportive of the trans community generally and their goals, and I don’t think that most trans activists have that big a problem with Savage or marriage equality. I think this is an isolated group trying to find a way to get press for their unpopular views, and apparently they’re succeeding. Maybe we should not see stories when the glitterbomb rationale is so absurd.

9. Brian says

Agreed, T can take care of themselves. Their issues are incongruous and their behavior is demonstrably against what we are attempting to fight for. Their issues do not reflect my issues and while I agree that there is much needed progress to be made for trans rights, the T needs to address them singly.

10. db says

These activists need to back up and look at this irrational pursuit of Dan Savage–the facts just don’t back up their claim (racist? really?). They also need to look at their terminology which is more alienating than enlightening (cisgendered? how many people reading this would even know what that is?). I think they’re actually losing sympathy at this point.

11. Tarun says

Towleroad, your headline is misleading. They said it was for Savage’s prioritizing of marriage equality not for his support of it.

12. Ninong says

All the Cis nonsense is ridiculous. If they don’t want to be part of the LGBT community — as they keep saying over and over again — then they should just get the hell out of the way. ENDA could have passed years ago if it weren’t for them. They’re NOT gay (just ask them).

If they’re not part of the “gay community” (just read the posts on PHB), then let’s drop the ‘T’ and make it simply LGB from now on.

13. Dback says

This is why it’s occasionally very difficult to make progress on GLBTQ issues. If we’re going to be fighting amongst ourselves and cannibalizing each other instead of focusing on our true enemies, how can we achieve anything?

(By the way, where does a group like this get off dissing and denigrating people based on skin color, sexual orientation, or ability–even if Dan is white, gay, and able-bodied? Does that somehow make him “less” of a person to these activists? Isn’t that also a form of intolerance, hatred, and discrimination?)

14. The Milkman says

Glitter bombing is one thing. Attempted assault with a glass bottle is quite another. Dan clearly needs protection at these events now that the “protests” have escalated to potential bodily harm. Even though I myself am supportive of trans issues, the people who are doing this are way out of line. If I were Dan, I’d get some bodyguards… one more bottle thrown at him, and you’d end up with a beat-down followed by arrests and imprisonment. Dan’s already conceded the initial point, and made amends. The attacks are now nothing more than harassment and endangerment, and should be dealt with as such.

15. endo says

16. Mik in Houston says

Where can I get my “Evil Privileged Ableist Cisgender Gay White Male Same-sex Marriage Supporter” T-shirt?

17. Danny says

Although I largely agree with all the comments here I do think it’s important that as a community we remain committed to supporting a variety of viewpoints and perspectives when it comes to the battle for LGTBQ rights.

There are many queer activists who feel the current struggles for gay rights (largely marriage equality and dont ask dont tell) represent a hetero-normalizing of the queer community. Why would we want to be part of two extremely conservative institutions?

We shouldn’t make a saint out Dan Savage but we shouldn’t demonize him either. These types of protests are good in my mind because they are moments for the breath of ideas and thoughts WITHIN our community to come out. Lets not be myopic or worse yet, hegemonic when it comes to our politics.

18. Andy F. says

This reminds me of a Kids in the Hall sketch: An art class is about to draw a live nude model (a beautiful woman), but suddenly the class starts complaining that she’s too beautiful, tall, white, blonde, etc. Where are the poor models? the aged? the minority? the overweight? the sexually opressed? the infeeble? The professor responds with, “well… old fat black crippled dykes are hard to come by!”

19. Francis says

I’m not lumping all trans persons in with these individuals (oh, and BTW to those who seem not to realize, there are a lot of gay transmen and transwomen out there), and I also will not give these “activists” the attention they crave. Ignore and the trolls go away, which is what Dan and the rest of us should do at this point.

20. says

*massive eye-roll*

there are pathetic people out there who hate dan savage more than they care about actual equality and actually changing culture.

truly.

the people who “hate” the “it gets better” campaign because they “hate dan savage”. you people are useless. we get it. you hate dan savage. but hating san savage doesnt’ bring the world to a place of equality.

keep picking the wrong battles for the wrong reasons you sad self-defeating plebes.

21. David says

Ah, college. A place where you can get all spun out in a Gender Studies class, walk down the hall and throw glitter on someone and feel the self-righteous satisfaction of being an “activist.”

22. Nat says

“Why would we want to be part of two extremely conservative institutions? ”

Only I get to decide how I will live my life. I will no more abide by the tyranny of Queer activism than I will by the Christian right. If Queer activists want to embrace the comparative rootlessness of the margins, they are free to do so, and I would be nothing but supportive. In return, I would ask that they not devalue the choices I make.

23. antb says

24. Maggie says

Throwing a glass jar is beyond the pale violence, but just being glittered? Whatever, he has it coming, and his false protestations and incredibly offensive persecution complex (while promoting a culture of persecution against an oppressed minority over which he has more privilege), but no one should try to physically harm him or anyone. That’s inexcusable.

“Or: If I’m the enemy of trans people everywhere, trans people everywhere could use more enemies like me.”

25. Maggie says

“agreed, Butch. I don’t know their language or their problems. It is time to let them take the reigns on their own issues. I do know that Cis is a word they’ve created to label men who were born as men and women who were born as women. Its a nonsensical word designed to label perfectly normal people who don’t need a label. Its all very silly and gives them a word to throw back at us now that they are tired of hearing the word tranny. Except the word has no meaning to most of us and no weight and is something that most of us have to google to figure out.”

I suggest (though I am not dumb enough to expect) that you look up what privilege is and why what you just said is a great example of exercising it over an underprivileged minority. You put the responsibility on an oppressed minority to educate you, someone with more relative privilege, and you continue to use offensive language because you do not trust or care that this same minority is telling the truth when they tell you it is offensive.

You further make the false statement that “cisgender” is a slur, an attempt to paint yourself as an equal victim and make it all right in your mind and the minds of those like you, to treat trans people with disrespect. Cis merely means that you identify with your assigned gender, whereas trans means you do not identify with it.

The reason cis is used is because of what YOU yourself rather crudely (and in a bigoted fashion, because I am sorry, you are a bigot) stated: that otherwise people will use untrue and offensive language like “I’m not trans, I’m *normal*” as though being trans is abnormal. It is not. It is a less common but just as real human experience. If you’re saying that it’s a matter of majority, well, that’s a pretty terrible argument, as it could be used against gay or lesbian people to call THEM abnormal. Do you see why that is offensive?

26. Fenrox says

FFS you jerks! Yes, EXTREMISTS ARE BAD.

These are EXTREMISTS not activists. They are attacking people! They are legitimately crazy too!

Here is a thought, Stop using them as a way to attack trans people in general. You can disagree with extremest without disagreeing withe their cause. Haven’t you guys learned anything by watching the religious right do this for years?

And really, if any trans person should read the comments from trans things on this site they would take away the message that white gay men are mean spirited, petty and cruel. A couple of bags of glitter is all that’s needed to alienate their entire civil rights movement from ours?

27. Maggie says

“So trans activists, are you happy now that you’ve alienated a big % of your natural allies? People who no longer give a flying f what your concerns are now that you’ve showed you’ll attack even those who support you (maybe especially those who support you)? Nice work, congrats.”

Please spare us. If all it took were one or two people to make you give up on the ENTIRE trans community or activism on their behalf, then you were never an ally to begin with, just a bigot waiting for an excuse to try to justify themselves.

Or do you think these people represent the beliefs and actions of all trans people? Or are you defending savage because, as a cis person, you have lots of privilege and don’t HAVE to care about the issues and struggles trans people deal with, that you don’t HAVE to care that certain words are offensive or lead to a culture and climate that makes rape, assault and murder of trans people more acceptable in the public mind?

28. Fenrox says

And to be clear, I despise almost everyone who comments here, my post is critical of you guys, because you are the worst, not trans people, and I could care less about extremists.

29. says

the people who “give up on” the trans community for this are also likely the people who “give up on dan savage” for not being “hetero” enough for their tastes.

truly.

lil’irony there.

savage is not the enemy. trans people and trans activists are not the enemy.

the enemy are miserable insecure folks who pick the wrong battles for the wrong reasons because they care more about their own personal delusions that Equality as a broader goal.

30. The Milkman says

“Don’t flatter yourself that you were ever an ally if this is truly your attitude. You have not and will not ever help and if this is you, we do not want you. Thank you for removing yourself and aligning with other bigots.”

Let’s assume you’re right. You’re not, but let’s just assume that those of us who are frustrated by the pathetic actions of a few misguided gender studies students are actually cisgender ableist racist bigots who shouldn’t consider themselves trans allies. How does that help you? Yes, your idealogy will be purified, but how is that helpful? No, I don’t have to care about the struggles that trans people face. Truly, I don’t. But I do. And, more importantly, my voting history reflects that. So save your indignation for someone who deserves it, and quit shooting yourself (and me) in the foot.

31. Charlie says

Dan has done so much to set right various misconceptions about sex in general and gays in particular, and he has managed, almost unconsciously to place gay sex and gay rights in its proper context, as a part of univeral human rights and universal sexual freedom. Dan has made gay sexual freedom an essential part of heterosexual sexual freedom. That sort of universal connectivity is the reason why we have gained so much recently, chiefly at the hands of enlightened younger people, both gay and straight, who recognise this universalism. And these activists are pushing a ‘special little group’ concept that is weak, regressive and alienating.

32. Charlie says

Didn’t Dan used to head all his sex columns ‘Hey Faggot?’ in the 90s?

That probably didn’t FEEL like the right thing to do but it was. It undermined the power of a hateful word and made it a shout out. Not completely obviously but it is the correct idea.

33. Jeremy says

I don’t think he’s ableist, or serophobic (I had to look up what this meant, to be honest), or racist, or fat-phobic. It isn’t hateful to urge people to be healthy, and that’s what he’s done in the past when he made comments promoting safe sex and fitness. I have never read or heard of any racist comments made by Dan Savage, nor have I ever been presented with evidence of ableism.

Perhaps they are using those words in the sociological sense, but if so, it makes no sense to criticize him personally simply for existing. If his message isn’t appreciated, that should be what is criticized, not his person.

34. Nat says

“Throwing a glass jar is beyond the pale violence, but just being glittered? Whatever, he has it coming,”

Battery is battery. I could as easily start proceedings against glitter-bombing as I would for someone striking me with a bottle. And were I in Savage’s position, I would do so.

Whenever you physically engage someone in such a manner, you’re conceding that you will not engage in the battle of ideas. Glitter bombing isn’t reaching anyone, it’s merely demonstrating how detached you are from reality. It’s a demonstrable lack of empathy, a deep-seated intolerance of other world views, and it’s endemic in those with a simplistic outlook. Ultimately, it demonstrates that anyone adopting such methods is talking out of their ass when they bring up ‘privilege’, because what matters is the emotional outburst, not the pangs of thought and theory that actually require intellectual effort.

35. TJ says

>Just to be clear, someone calling himself “Fister Limp Wrist” is accusing Dan Savage of backward views. They should have glitter-bombed him with irony.< Well-played, ENDO!

36. Charlie says

Oh and glitterbombing is stupid, anyway. It’s stupid when it’s Rick Santorum and it’s stupid when it’s Dan Savage. Throwing things is stupid. Only words aren’t.

37. Zlick says

It seems to me the pull between those who want to keep the T in LGBT and those who don’t is getting rather old … but the more interesting point, to me, that these obviously misguided activists/attackers bring up is the perceived dangers of heteronormative “success” that the current priorities of the gay rights movement likely lead to.

Personally, I don’t think everyone needs to express their love in marriage, nor do I even WANT one more person, gay or not, to serve in the U.S. military. But I think it’s a bit delusional of those who warn against the heteronormativeness of these goals to devalue the vital point that our equal rights to be murderous warriors or loveless ball-and-chainer marrieds (to put those in the worst possible terms), if that’s what we as individuals choose, is naturally and rightly a prime goal of the gay rights movement.

That said … IS there a danger that in pursuing absolute legal equality, we risk losing something inimitable about “gay culture” or queerness or the like???

I personally don’t see that, but – well – I’m a white, privileged, able-bodied cis-person – so perhaps I’m missing something.

38. says

to that ‘fear’, Zlick, which i hear a lot:

i was raised in the united church of canada. in a community in toronto where i was wholly accepted and embraced as a gay teen, and now a gay man, by my entire family and local/church communities. i grew up knowing LGBT couples in long-term relationships, many of whom are now legally married. none of that put any pressure on me to be “those things” 0- in fact it’s because LGBT people were so accepted as Equals where I was from that I’ve been able to freely and comfortably make my own choices and indeed be and embrace my own “Queerness”

i’m as “gay-culture queer” as they come, and i come from an environment in toronto that was, and remains, still very “gays are our equals” in its mindset.

so i think the ‘fears’ some have are rather unsubstantiated.

39. The Milkman says

“And to be clear, I despise almost everyone who comments here”

And yet you keep coming around. Bless your heart.

40. TJ says

Lunatic Fringe is right. Fanatics are on both sides of the spectrum. Marriage Equality is a wrong priority? What. pray tell, is the right one? Seriously, I consider myself pretty liberal and I admire the intellectual perseverance it takes to consider a point to an extreme, but when everything becomes a matter of ideology over nuance in the real world, I become more than a little impatient.

Quoting MAGGIE: >That’s BS. That’s basically saying, “Look, there are people worse than me, so as long as I stop just short of being as bad as them, I can do no wrong. And no, you shouldn’t expect better of me just because I fancy myself an ally and should know better. Because someone is worse, it’s ok! If someone kicks you in the shin, it’s ok if I punch you in the stomach, as long as that kick hurts worse.”< Dan Savage is a human being, therefore fallible and imperfect (but willing to learn). Nevertheless, he can never be considered an ally? Such either-or extremism is immature and flawed at best, and distorted and self-defeating at worst. There was a link here awhile back to a trans-activist’s blog. Reading through, I found a post about veganism and how the use of any animal product is oppression akin to racism, sexism, etc. Really? If I use honey, I am oppressing bees? My morning yogurt is a crime on the same level as a lynching? This may play well in a Gender Studies elective course when argued in an essay, but in the real world, it’s ideology run amok.

41. RyanInSacto says

I refuse to believe that the so-called “trans activists,” or commenter “Maggie” for that matter, represent anyone in the trans community other than themselves. The trans people I know and have known are not pathetic whiners who lash out at friends and allies. In fact, they are kind of the exact opposite of that description.

As for this tiny faction of the trans community that is expending so much of their activism stalking Dan Savage, I would recommend that they study history. No minority group has ever succeeded in making gains toward equality by attacking allies for not saying all the the right words, which is what they seem to go on (and on and on) about when it comes to Mr. Savage. If Dan Savage isn’t good enough for your community, then find someone who is and support that person. Or better yet, BE THAT PERSON YOURSELF.

42. wtf says

Professional ‘victims’ attacking an ally with their made-up BS is seriously as destructive as our enemies at FRC AFA etc. GET A CLUE ‘activists’. Want to protest someone? Pick a target that ACTUALLY wants you dead, stupid!

43. Amy says

Cisgender is to transgender as heterosexual is to homosexual.

The word homosexual came first and before heterosexual was invented people use to say that there are “homosexual people and then there are normal people.” In other words, “homosexuals are abnormal weirdos.”

Homosexual people objected to that and so heterosexual was invented to level the playing field.

Cis just means not-trans. That’s all. If you object to the word cis, you’re probably a bigot.

44. RyanInSacto says

@Amy: According to a new book, Straight, which was featured in a post on this very site yesterday, the words homosexual and heterosexual were coined at the same time. (You can see the post here: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/01/homohetero.html. It might interest you to know that the author of that book is actually in a relationship with a trans person.)

I think it’s unfair to claim someone is a bigot because they don’t care for a term that someone else has placed upon them. Isn’t that part of the liberation that trans people want – to decide for themselves how (and perhaps if) they will be labeled? As (apparently) a cis-gendered man, I don’t remember anyone asking me if that was a label that I was comfortable with wearing.

45. TJ says

>I don’t remember anyone asking me if that was a label that I was comfortable with wearing.< RYANINSACTO – that was exactly how I felt when I first learned of the term, “Cis.” And MILKMAN: Thanks. I do, on occasion, try to bring something of interest to the discussion table. It’s nice to know when some think I’ve succeeded!

46. just_a_guy says

Hmm. I don’t get it. Marriage equality would be good for transfolk, right?! I mean, aren’t there all those cases where a trans-guy or trans-girl tried to marry someone of the opposite sex, and the marriages were invalidated?!

What’s more, don’t trans folk WANT to get married? And if they don’t, is it because they want more casual sex because they don’t see themselves as worthy of real love because they are so beaten down by the straight/bi/gay men who sleep with them for kicks, treat them like crap, and show them no respect??

So, this trans fringe that opposes marriage equality reminds me of women who oppose rights for women, cuz women are so beaten down.

Yeah, I get it, trans folk get treated like crap and it’s not right. But they are acting against their own interests if they TRULY oppose marriage equality.

Maybe they are actually showing Dan Savage (the hottie, btw) RESPECT by glitter-bombing him. I admit that Danny-boy, sexy as he is, has a history of dis-ease with empathizing with those who are bi or trans…simply articulating a hetero or else homo limited world-view.

Daniel, maybe you really do need to broaden your horizons on trans and bi issues as the sex columnist you are.

But keep fighting like H**l for lgbta kids and marriage equality. It’s WORTH it for ALL OF US, man.

47. Pochola says

I think those “activist” are crazy and act like a sect, just conviced of their cause just because is sounds logical to them and them only without listening no one else. Sadly their attitued will taint those trans people who don’t think like them, the crazy mini group.
    And by the way, that’s what we gays/lesbians get for mixing with a lot of groups that don’t exactly have the same claims; sometimes they feel that our priorities are clouding theirs. I say: Ok, make your own claims without invoking gays and lesbians, you are heterosexuals at the end of the day, isn’t it?
    Sorry, but a watershed is being formed and it’s not a good thing. But we are not the weaker link.

48. anon says

I think some activists have in mind the idea that like some gays hope str8 men are bi, gays are somehow trans. That would increase their numbers and all sorts of political claims, so it’s a very compelling fantasy. Dan, probably without knowing it, cuts into that fantasy with his tendency to be very categorical in his sex advice. To him, things are either A, B or C.

49. Ruddigore says

So who is supposed to clean up the glitter after a glitter bombing? Is the bomber resposible? Is the bombee supposed to clean it up? It seems that some poor maintenance worker will have to clean up someone else’s mess. And you know you can’t just vacuum that up – glitter will get caught in the carpet and stay there for years unless you pick it out by hand. Nice going, Activists… The bombee just thinks you are obnoxious, they won’t care about your point, and all you are really doing is oppressing the maintenance staff.

50. RealLife says

Cis gendered. Pleaaaaaase. Some people really have too much time to invent names and divisions.

51. says

Dan said some very offensive things years ago, but he has apologized multiple times and he seems to be doing his best to be supportive of the trans community. This is at best a waste of time.

52. Paul Keckonen says

Well, since I am labeled “cisgendered and able-ist” and these terms are lumped together with racist and bigot I have to assume that they are being used as pejorative terms. So let me/us label you activists as “prejudiced misanthropes”…or is it not allowed for any group other than you (who ever YOU are) to create or assign labels?
    labels than I intensely dislike:
    cisgender
    hetero-normative
    ableist
    serophobic (wtf? afraid of serum?)
    fat-phobic (wtf? afraid of fat?)
    homophobic (wtf? afraid of same? of man?)
    lgbtqi-abcdefghij “community” (what community? the only common denominator is NON-heterosexuality and that does not make a community)

53. friday jones says

Since when are The Lavender Menace considered “Trans Activists?” Aren’t they a group of political lesbians who are into Direct Action? The Xtra piece said it was the Lavender Menace if you read it all the way down. Aren’t they also known for using “clever” event-oriented names for themselves and their organizations when they plan a Direct Action?

So when you fellows are saying “Eff those trannies in their fake gashes” like Endo up there, aren’t you aiming your enraged penises at the wrong gashes?

54. gaymer17 says

dan has done more for the community as a whole than the trans glitterbombers have in their last attacks on him, my trans friends say they are a poor excuse for their letter.

55. Valerie says

The people who did this, as far as anyone can tell, are not trans. These people do not speak or represent trans people or trans issues. As a matter of fact, any part to do with trans issues was the third item on their list, not the first.

This was not done by trans folk, for trans folk, or in any way trans related. This was a small group of people with more gall than sense – please do not blame the trans community for something that the trans community had NO PART OF and had NOTHING to do with it.

As a trans person myself, I love and support Dan!

56. Meghan says

Wow. Some of these comments on here are as ridiculous as the attacks on Dan Savage. You want to throw the T and Q out because you don’t agree with one small group’s beliefs? The irony is that you expect heterosexuals to understand and support our rights while you work to kick another group out. Typical, the oppressed are seeking to oppress another group in order to get ahead. As for cis-gendered, gay was once a made up word for homosexual and people still make fun of gay people for making up that term. You’re acting just like the bigots that you hate.

57. AshleyRenee says

The trans community needs to be associated with the LGB community about as much as an alcoholic needs to be a bartender. There is more than enough evidence showing that the cause for their condition is biological/genetic in nature to easily stand alone and make a case for acceptance and equality without the LGBs help. Unfortunately the same can not be said for the LGB community. Poor gays….