Comments

1. Angela Channing says

Oooh, that is a difficult one. As much as I would like to laugh AT this video, I just can’t do it. There are a lot of Christian youths who are pro-gay, such as Jim and Tammy Faye’s son Jay Bakker,so I don’t want to pre-judge. If, however, we learned that that this little bunch were a group of haters, then, yes it would be open season. :-)

2. Chris says

“is the vid only funny if it’s insincere?”

Brandon…how about not funny regardless. I just don’t get it. Even after looking at their YouTube page, I think they’re not sincere Christians, but I’m not sure what I’m supposed to find funny. Maybe I’m just dense?

3. Continuum says

Just kind of thought that these were potential fag hags with their gay friends.

Turns out it is done by the association of Christian fraternities at the University of Florida. I just can’t imagine how boring those fraternities must be.

4. says

I got a small chuckle out of her last name (Manko according to her tumblr blog) because it actually means ‘vagina’ in Japanese slang and she’s talking about abstinence.

5. Troy says

It’s pretty common for Christian groups to try to “sanctify” non-religious cultural phenomena, and there is some passive aggressive criticism of Nicki Minaj’s dating ethics built in to their copy. But the main point of the vid seems to be to fantasize about a different type of guy who fits their worldview. As a non-girl, I can’t really relate, but singing about a fantasy guy seems to be culturally relevant to a bunch of people (think girl bands from the 60s). And, by the way, I think Nicki Minaj is something of a genius for the way she plays with mixing hip hop raunch and frothy ideas about love. I love her.

6. Kenny says

Love Nicki but this is just tripe all of those people in that video are probably also as homophobic as it gets.Thats normally true for religious organizations or universities in this case like this one.

7. C says

I agree with Chris. I like this blog because it provides access to news and issues relevant to the LGBT community. This just seems like an opportunity to be mean. Protesting an offensive calendar is one thing; making fun of people because they are Christian is another. Leave this stuff to Perez and get back to the news!