2012 Election | Gay Marriage | Mitt Romney | News | Proposition 8 | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Mitt Romney Blasts Prop 8 Ruling

Mitt Romney attacked the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals today after it upheld the decision striking down Proposition 8:

Mitt_romney“Today, unelected judges cast aside the will of the people of California who voted to protect traditional marriage. This decision does not end this fight, and I expect it to go to the Supreme Court. That prospect underscores the vital importance of this election and the movement to preserve our values. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman and, as president, I will protect traditional marriage and appoint judges who interpret the Constitution as it is written and not according to their own politics and prejudices.”

Earlier...
Proposition 8 Unconstitutional, 9th Circuit Rules: An Analysis [tr]
White House Has No Specific Comment on Prop 8 Ruling, Opposes Discrimination: VIDEO [tr]
NOM Responds to 9th Circuit's Prop 8 Ruling, Calls It 'Absurd' [tr]
9th Circuit Upholds Ruling Striking Down Proposition 8 [tr]

Comments

1. Actually, doesn't he believe marriage is between a man and a woman and a woman and a woman and a woman and a....

Posted by: Steve | Feb 7, 2012 7:26:26 PM

2. Hi, I'm Mitt Romney and I wear magical underwear. When I die I'm going to have my own planet and I'm going to spend my time on this planet having sex with lots of wives, nonstop, while I'm waited on by blacks and non-Mormons, who serve us Mormons in eternity as slaves. I have lots of sons, and nephews and nieces, but none are gay because the law of averages doesn't affect us Mormons. Well, unless you mean the averages of suicide rates because we male Mormons from Utah sure do love offing ourselves at abnormally high rate.

Anyway, this is bad ruling because everyone knows that we Mormon Republicans believe in the kind of small government that doesn't allow for individual freedoms rights and liberties.

Also, marriage should be between one man and three young vaginas, and also three older vaginas whose purpose is to cook and clean.

Also, i didn't mind when my church discriminated against blacks.

I'm Mitt Romney, and you're all going to be my slaves when you die. Oh, you're also my slaves now because i'm worth 200 million. thanks!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 7, 2012 7:31:02 PM

3. He forgets that it was UNELECTED JUDGES that have allowed his big money corporate fat cat friends to donate millions of dollars to his political action committees that are funding his election campaign.

Posted by: Tracy | Feb 7, 2012 7:32:06 PM

4. He should talk about prejudice & politics since he openly espouses BOTH.

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Feb 7, 2012 7:34:45 PM

5. I beg all of you to read this and spread the word. The link below points to a private moment in 1994 that Mitt Romney spent among his friends and fellow Mormon congregation members in Massachusetts, far from the notice of the media. He was upset about the incidence of homosexuality in the congregation. Not same-sex couples seeking to marry, but homosexuality, per se. Apparently, he spoke for quite some time on the subject, telling those present that being gay was "perverse" and "reprehensible." This scene was truly a window into Romney's soul:

This is the gold standard for being a stealth homophobe who secretly can't wait to stab LGBT people in the back, all the while tricking LGBT voters into giving him their votes in Massachusetts gubernatorial races. Might that be an example of a sociopath? Thoughts? Comments?

Posted by: Artie | Feb 7, 2012 7:35:35 PM

6. So he will appoint judges who interpret the constitution according to his politics and prejudices.

Posted by: Craig | Feb 7, 2012 7:36:38 PM

7. I bet if we took a vote on taxing the Mormon church, he would be first in line to overturn the will of the people in that case.

Posted by: PDX Guy | Feb 7, 2012 7:36:55 PM

8. Spin this one, LCR's. And thank you, Mitt, for sealing the deal on why even delusional Republican gay people can't justify supporting you in Nov. Of course the dissenting judge and Mitt have a lot in common, since their religion provided the financial backing for Prop 8.

Posted by: Ernie | Feb 7, 2012 7:42:08 PM

9. This is not the right man for a new and better, more equal and more inclusive America. He will not leave me and the man I love out of the future as we choose to experience it.

And BTW, Steve that's a good try but the truth is that modern Mormons in good church standing have not believed in or practised polygamy for a very long time. Those that do are not in the fold so to speak, they are excommunicated. Only the media embrace them. Not that it matters a whole helluva lot.

Posted by: uffda | Feb 7, 2012 7:44:57 PM

10. CRAIG beat me to the point. Your judges = obviously biased. My judges = saints who smell like perfume from France. Cuz they will interpret things MY way.

Posted by: TJ | Feb 7, 2012 7:45:24 PM

11. The age and ailing health of Ruth Bader Ginsberg alone should be enough to convince every LGBT friendly person out there to do everything we can to keep a Republican out of the White House

Posted by: Mike C. | Feb 7, 2012 7:47:36 PM

12. Tracy comment here nails it. THAT should be our talking point when regards to "activist judges."

He is clearly on the wrong side of history as well. I would not be surprised if by the end of the year...the amount of people who are against gay marriages is the same size as the evangelical population (which is what, 30%?).

Posted by: zeddy | Feb 7, 2012 7:52:54 PM

13. I don't remember him complaining when unelected SCOTUS ruled that Corporations were People, though.

Posted by: Steven Price | Feb 7, 2012 7:59:35 PM

14. Unelected people voted to strip me of my rights. What's his point?

Posted by: RandySF | Feb 7, 2012 8:09:22 PM

15. Don't worry Mittens, you are not going to have to bother about flip-flopping on your judicial choices after November 2012.

As we the voters of this country will send you back to the unemployment line in the Cayman Islands!

You little pathological duplicitous clown!

Posted by: Brains | Feb 7, 2012 8:09:35 PM

16. Here's an idea then. Since Romney is such a GREAT fan of majority rule, let's put the Mormonism on the ballot! State by state, from the Northeast to the Deep South, from Connecticut to Washington, let the people, influenced by ads paid for by people with an axe to grind, have the final say on whether Mormonism is a valid religion or a cult started by a charlatan.

And after the states have voted Romney can STFU in peace, knowing that the people have spoken and their judgment is always right.

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 7, 2012 8:11:56 PM

17. How about when the unelected SCOTUS decided that Bush was president.

Posted by: Craig | Feb 7, 2012 8:12:28 PM

18. @UFFDA: Mormons still believe in polygamy, they just don't practice it in this lifetime, but men are still sealed to multiple wives when one or more are deceased; no limits there. It was a divine principle, now it's an abomination, but as soon as they pass through the sacred veil, it's game on! Hosanna!

Posted by: B | Feb 7, 2012 8:14:11 PM

19. A"lso, marriage should be between one man and three young vaginas, and also three older vaginas whose purpose is to cook and clean."

Now Kiwi, is this fair of you? How can we spare off on issues when you keep making me laugh like this? You're on a roll today and could put Eddie Murphy out of business!

Posted by: Mary | Feb 7, 2012 8:28:31 PM

20. So first he whines about "unelected judges" and then he wants to *appoint* some who agree with him. Huh?

Posted by: Steve | Feb 7, 2012 8:30:51 PM

21. How could ANY gay person be a republican? Only a coward gay. ONLY a coward gay

Posted by: Guport L. | Feb 7, 2012 8:42:31 PM

22. don't bother with UFFDA. He is a very religious conservative person, and other than the protection of he and his partners marriage, he always chooses the CONSERVATIVE anti gay argument in these debates. Lost cause.

Mitt your religion is the only CRAP thing in todays society.

Posted by: Real Talk | Feb 7, 2012 8:46:57 PM

23. If I'm not mistaken, UFFDA is actually a gay mormon poster. Just based on observations of posts I've seen them make (consitently defending all Churches). Meh, that group of gays are completely blocked from my view point and mind.

So anyhow, we must do everything we can to ensure none of the Republican duds gets elected. Each of us can make an impact and dent. It's a matter of using our force for our betterment.

Posted by: Michelle | Feb 7, 2012 8:50:17 PM

24. And before we even got to opinion on the ruling, Romney disqualifies hismelf as ineligible for the role of American President: why would anyone elect someone that clearly HATES America (and it's governmental system)?

Posted by: Tarc | Feb 7, 2012 9:41:44 PM

25. Keep talking, Mitt. Another nail in your political coffin!

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Feb 7, 2012 10:21:41 PM