Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Ruben and Joaquín

Rj

A reader sent in this joyful video of Ruben and Joaquín who were recently married in D.C.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previous Gay Wedding videos...
Dan and Eric Find Their Wedding Reception [tr]
Patrick and Scott Tie the Knot in Minnesota [tr]
First Dance at a Gay Wedding [tr]

We are starting a regular column featuring gay wedding videos. If you've got a creative wedding video online you'd like to share with Towleroad to celebrate marriage equality in this column please send it along. Extravagant, simple, sexy - we'll consider them (but can't guarantee we'll post them) all - the more creative the better! Let us know at tips - at - towleroad.com

Rj2

Ruben & Joaquín Wedding (Highlights Short Version) from J-Video Productions on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Joyous. There are no words. I can't wait to get married.

Posted by: Mike M. | Feb 9, 2012 10:09:31 AM

2. great track! looked like a happy time! and what a nice supportive family! congrats to the cute couple

Posted by: stevenelliot | Feb 9, 2012 10:16:16 AM

3. Congrats to the couple and their loving families and friends!
    May they enjoy the dance of life in the comfort of each others arms.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Feb 9, 2012 10:18:09 AM

4. Okay, I know some of the bitchy queens around here are going to have a hissy fit over what I'm about to say, but I just wish Towleroad would feature gay wedding stories with attractive, interesting, nonstereotypical gay people. I'm sure this heavy bald guy and the fussy little femme guy are nice people, but come on, they don't have to act so over the top at their wedding. Yeah, not all gay guys resemble the Warblers (clean cut, preppy, macho singers/dancers on GLEE), but not all of us are flamboyant and silly, either. Our community needs to practice and not just preach an appreciation for our diversity.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 9, 2012 10:20:31 AM

5. I usually hate these things- but that was really cute. Congrats!

Posted by: lotusmoon | Feb 9, 2012 10:21:40 AM

6. Thank you, Tank. You said it better than I could.

Posted by: hodzer | Feb 9, 2012 10:26:43 AM

7. Damn tears. Thanks for sharing that inspiring, fun video.

Posted by: Say Yes | Feb 9, 2012 10:28:41 AM

8. Tank and Hodzer, why do I get the feeling that neither of you will ever experience the joys of marriage? This couple is clearly happy and loved by their friends and family. Haters don't always have to hate.

Posted by: BAB | Feb 9, 2012 10:41:10 AM

9. @Tank and @Hodzer, sounds like you all are trying to pass off your insecurities and internalized homophobia as a call for "diversity."

That couple was attractive, interesting, and non-stereotypical. That party WAS diverse. Have you seen anyone at a wedding with Dia de los Muertos face paint!? So cool.

Posted by: Trust | Feb 9, 2012 10:42:45 AM

10. It's THEIR wedding! Who the hell is anyone else to say if they should act over the top or not?

Posted by: Jamie | Feb 9, 2012 10:45:12 AM

11. Tank - just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a bitchy queen. Sounds to me like a little bit of internalized homophobia on your part. We come in all shapes and sizes, fem and butch and we don't have to hide who we are to please anyone.

Posted by: dijiba | Feb 9, 2012 10:45:49 AM

12. Yeah, Andy. Encourage sexy, simple, extravagant. But discourage fussy femmes and heavy bald guys. Because that makes TANK uncomfortable.

Hey, I know how to fix this! Let's have TANK and even RICK send in their videos! Let them show us the "right" sort of gay!

Whatevs.

Posted by: TJ | Feb 9, 2012 10:48:50 AM

13. I hate to admit it but I agree with Tank and Hodzer. Could you two please send in your wedding videos so we can review them? I am certain you two do not qualify for any stereotypes...oh wait, no videos to share. It is OK guys. Bitter queens need love too

Posted by: Juanita | Feb 9, 2012 10:49:08 AM

14. @TANK: i have to admit that i'm not sure if your comment is meant to be sarcasm, but if not, wow...is that ever an ugly thing to say about a very heartwarming video of two guys celebrating their wedding day. then again, if your standard of 'macho' is the warblers on glee ('fussy' doesn't even begin to describe them)...well, i guess that just about says it all. oh wait, does this qualify as a 'hissy-fit'?

Posted by: stephen | Feb 9, 2012 10:50:14 AM

15. I'm sure my 30 years (next week is our anniversary thank you very much) with my partner/husband are causing me all sorts of insecurities and internalized homophobia. As usual with this blog, if you don't automatically agree, you're labeled a hater. So be it. When you reach 30 years, then we'll talk. :-) And, even without marriage, we are clearly happy and loved by our friends and family.

Posted by: hodzer | Feb 9, 2012 10:50:23 AM

16. Tank: show us how it should be done: post a video of you and your man proving how diverse and butch the gay community can be!
    =)
    I enjoyed this clip plenty btw...

Posted by: George PR | Feb 9, 2012 10:56:00 AM

17. @Tank - if they're gay, they're part of our family and have every right to be included. Period.

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 9, 2012 11:02:29 AM

18. Living your life the way that makes you happy doesn't make you a hater, HODZER. Saying that the way others live theirs is objectionable does.

Posted by: TJ | Feb 9, 2012 11:02:40 AM

19. Ewww, Hodzer. Please do NOT send in your video. No one wants to see people that old in love. That is disgusting.

Posted by: endo | Feb 9, 2012 11:04:22 AM

20. @Tank, Eh, I think he does all right. There is usually a good mix of gay, butch, gross, super hott and other.

It is possible that the really hot guys you want to see are not getting married...

Posted by: Fenrox | Feb 9, 2012 11:04:38 AM

21. not enough white people in this video. needs to be more diverse.

Posted by: sergio | Feb 9, 2012 11:06:01 AM

22. Yeah, ENDO, no old people! If you are old enough to be with someone for 30 years, you must be disgusting. That would be TOO much diversity. Let's make the cut-off 25 years (that way, I can still send in mine if I convince the ball and chain to make it legal before fall, and assuming it becomes legal again here in CA).

Posted by: TJ | Feb 9, 2012 11:17:00 AM

23. Loved it! Wish one day that's me right there. And I agree! The dia de los muertos face paint thing was awesome! Congrats to the happy couple!

And to the haters: keep it up and you'll never experience joy like this.

Posted by: topher | Feb 9, 2012 11:33:12 AM

24. Great video! Congrats to Ruben & Joaquin! You guys looked amazingly happy and great to see so much love surrounds you. Best to you both!

@Tank/ Hodzer.....Idiots!

Posted by: Ant | Feb 9, 2012 11:43:59 AM

25. There will always be anonymous haters like TANK and HODZER out there mewling for attention. People should stop giving it to them. Enjoy the beauty of the vid and a hearty F*CK OFF to those to C*NTS who didnt think they fellas were cute enough to deserve love and respect. Im sure you're both GORGEOUS and MASCULINE and total trash.

Posted by: JWL | Feb 9, 2012 12:01:50 PM