Football | Madonna | Sports | Super Bowl

WATCH: Madonna's 'Super Bowl' Halftime Performance

Picture 3
If you missed Madonna's Halftime show at the Super Bowl (as you may well have, because as it turns out NBC's livestream of the event skipped it completely), you can watch it,
AFTER THE JUMP ...

Comments

1. Classic Madonna. Surrounds herself with great dancers, costumes and production but as far as HER performance....BORING!!!!!

Posted by: Ronn | Feb 5, 2012 10:08:10 PM

2. I thought it was great. Entertaining and isn't that the point?

Posted by: James | Feb 5, 2012 10:14:49 PM

3. Did she sing, "I'm sixty and I know it?"

Posted by: Aaron | Feb 5, 2012 10:18:07 PM

4. Some of the best lip sunch work I have ever seen.

Posted by: jdswell | Feb 5, 2012 10:21:20 PM

5. Spectacular presentation from her Cleopatra entrance to her spiritual vanishing act- the woman still knows how to put on a show! And best of all Eli's sexy goofiness beat Brady's plastic model - Go Big Blue!

Posted by: jaragon | Feb 5, 2012 10:24:43 PM

6. Like an episode of I Love Lucy.

Posted by: Andrew | Feb 5, 2012 10:26:21 PM

7. Why would NBC possibly do that? Must have been a contract condition or something.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 5, 2012 10:28:30 PM

8. Her show was stunning!

But she really shouldn't sing her new song with 3 of her classics... it makes it so apparent how awful it is.

Posted by: endo | Feb 5, 2012 10:30:17 PM

9. OK, I just watched the first few minutes again. The tightrope guy is amazing.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 5, 2012 10:36:38 PM

10. Loved - those who didn't can suck it. :)

Posted by: Cal | Feb 5, 2012 10:40:20 PM

11. I believe the entire performance warrants a big ol' MEH.

Glad the Giants won, though... New England fans are insufferable.

Posted by: Rich F. | Feb 5, 2012 10:42:51 PM

12. I thought it was AMAZING.

As they say: those who can, do. Those who can't, critique.

If you can't recognize the amount of work that went into this performance, you're just plain mean. Madonna brought energy to that stage.

Posted by: mike128 | Feb 5, 2012 10:44:09 PM

13. I thought the performance was AMAZING! Who would watch it on LiveStream in the first place????

Posted by: Bobby | Feb 5, 2012 10:50:37 PM

14. I am once again a Madonnazon. Madge kicked ass!!

Posted by: Gunga Dean | Feb 5, 2012 10:51:41 PM

15. I loved it! I thought, as always, Madonna put on one hell of a show. Best ever!

Posted by: Joseph | Feb 5, 2012 10:52:35 PM

16. Old songs by an old singer/lipsyncher. Meh.

Posted by: Swiminbuff | Feb 5, 2012 10:52:35 PM

17. I am not a Madonna fan at all, but I thought she, the other performers, and the team that designed the light show delivered a damn good halftime show. Nothing too over the top, nothing too bland.

And I'm not normally one for Schadenfreude, but as a Giants fan, I can't wait to rub this one in some peoples' faces. Not really Pats fans so much, but all those twits in general who thought Manning wasn't in Brady's class. No he's not as versatile, but he damn well delivers every time he needs to. As GQ put it the last time this happened: a great victory for the beta male.

Posted by: Nat | Feb 5, 2012 10:53:27 PM

18. Best halftime show ever.

Posted by: zeddy | Feb 5, 2012 10:55:55 PM

19. So Milli Madonna lip-synched an entire performance, did she? What's new?

The woman is an entire fake. Nothing about her is genuine. She distracts from her complete lack of talent by hiring people to distract from her shortcomings. The dancers, the acrobatics...they are all part of the distraction.

Oh, and there was nothing in it for gay guys. So much for her love for us....

Posted by: jason | Feb 5, 2012 10:58:28 PM

20. So much fun!! Especially compared to Gaga's New Year's Eve performance.

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Feb 5, 2012 11:02:57 PM

21. Madonna was once the definition of "Diva"... now she lives on her past glories, leeching off the cultural relevance of guest appearances by current artists, and snide commentaries about other artists who have taken up her mantle and moved on with it. I love Madonna for the work she once did but it becomes sad when all she seems to do is try to relive the days when her music shaped the industry. I honestly can't remember any of her music after the Immaculate Collection and yet she seems to think that she's still producing that level of work.

Sad... just sad.

Posted by: Adam | Feb 5, 2012 11:03:11 PM

22. Did Madge's mouth movements keep in sync with the pre-recorded sound?

Posted by: bruce | Feb 5, 2012 11:07:46 PM

23. Jason, what you just said is laughable. What did you expect? Two guys making out?! She brought an army of male dancers and you're not satisfied with that?!
    Yeah she lip-synced the whole thing, but come on do you want her to dance or to sing? When the lady sings some would complain because she doesn't dance, if she dance an insufferable hater will complain "she lip-syncs". So I really don't know what some people wants.
    Of course, some entertainers would jump and down the stage and then have pitch issues all over the place (is that you Gaga?).
    Now, in terms of talent, she is talented. It is true that she surrounds herself with hyped producers, but there is cohesiveness in her music. There is a "Madonna sound" that she carries with her from one producer to another... so that is her blueprint. She's also a lyricist, and sometimes she screw lyrics but sometimes she comes with very personal lines as well.
    I am not a fan of hers though, but I find annoying some of the criticism here without even a single clue of what is required to be 30 years in the business, even worse, 30 years in the business trying to impress the gay market.
    So, shshh haters.

Posted by: ElCid | Feb 5, 2012 11:16:27 PM

24. Hard to believe, but the best photo lay-out coverage of the entire Madonna half-time is on the DRUDGE Report!! It's the best I've seen so far.

Posted by: jerry | Feb 5, 2012 11:17:49 PM

25. If I want to see an old lizard rolling around and flicking its tongue in and out, I'll watch Nat Geo.

Posted by: TPOWW | Feb 5, 2012 11:18:36 PM