Gay Marriage | News | Pat Robertson

BigGayDeal.com

Pat Robertson Tells Woman to Reject Invitation to Her 'Evil' Lesbian Sister's Wedding: VIDEO

Pat_robertson

On today's 700 Club, Pat Robertson told a woman to reject her lesbian sister's invitation to be a bridesmaid in her wedding, Right Wing Watch's Brian Tashman reports.

Said Robertson:

"....if you go what you’re doing is saying ‘I bless this union and I agree that what you’re doing is right.’ You know the Bible is so clear about homosexuality and when you read in what Paul said, he said, ‘Wherefore God gave them up,’ and having given them up they did evil things with their own bodies, men for men and women with women, defaming their bodies. Read Romans, read the Book of Romans, this isn’t something I came up with, read it in Romans. You say, ‘should I go to my sister’s wedding, should I participate,’ the answer is to tell your sister, ‘I love you but I cannot participate a ceremony that is contrary to God’s word, period.’"

Added Robertson: "If she doesn’t like it, if that breaks the union between you, that’s tough luck."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. A sister asked this mad phucker for advice ?

I bar her from the wedding on that ground alone !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Mar 9, 2012 1:31:23 PM

2. pat robertson proves another factual reality: homosexuality has never broken up any family, ever. anti-homosexuality sentiments are what break families apart.

fact fact fact.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 9, 2012 1:35:35 PM

3. Ilove your comment LITTLE KIWI :)

Posted by: Jordan H. | Mar 9, 2012 1:39:29 PM

4. It's really sad that she couldn't make this decision herself, and base her decision on how she feels about her sister, and what type of relationship she wants with her. Pat Robertson doesn't know her sister, but she does, so why would she rely on his opinion. This just shows how brainwashed some people are. She knows that her sister isn't evil, or any of the other things that someone like Pat would call her.

Posted by: cadence | Mar 9, 2012 1:39:58 PM

5. What a vile hateful man. A Christian? I think not.

Posted by: Pdxblueyesey | Mar 9, 2012 1:45:06 PM

6. Why are fundamentalists (and if this woman is calling up PR for advice, then that's a safe assumption) so completely unable to think for themselves? "I don't know how to think for myself and make my own decisions! Please, Pat, tell me what to do!!"

Posted by: DavidinDC | Mar 9, 2012 1:47:00 PM

7. You know what Kathryn (the letter writer) should do? She should take this clip and show it to her sister and say, "Listening to his answer, I realized how completely wrong and hateful he is. I *will* be your bridesmaid, I *will* bless your union, and I *will* stand up in front of all our friends and family and say what you are doing is right and loving." And if she has to break with Pat Robertson, well that's the tough luck.

Posted by: Dev | Mar 9, 2012 1:47:16 PM

8. Any person that would seek advice from a senile old bigoted coot like Pat Robertson needs a therapist.
    Just like Jesse Helms and all the other angry old white men one can only hope he burns in his own hell and experiences a horrible,extended and painful death.

Posted by: SFshawn | Mar 9, 2012 1:50:08 PM

9. I love how Christian's talk about 'family' then turn their backs on gay family members.

Posted by: CB | Mar 9, 2012 1:51:37 PM

10. Sometimes I hate having the name Paul.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 9, 2012 1:57:36 PM

11. Hey, Pat, I've been invited to a wedding too, and I know for a fact that the bride isn't a virgin. Should I go there and stone her to death, like the Bible tells me to?

Posted by: borut | Mar 9, 2012 1:58:54 PM

12. Does anyone know what section in Roman's he is talking about?

Also does this also apply to going to any families 2nd marriage since the Bible is against divorce? Could one say it goes against God's teaching to go to your wedding since the Bible does not recognize divorce except under certain situations?

Posted by: Dawson | Mar 9, 2012 2:23:49 PM

13. Borut, people should send questions like that to him as if they're serious. OK, maybe a *little* more subtle, mentioning the sister who isn't a virgin or was married and divorced, quote the Bible verse about stoning adulterers then asking if you should just boycott the wedding or boycott the wedding AND send a letter to the happy couple informing them they're sinners who won't get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Trolling the 700 Club for sport and pleasure! ;-)

Posted by: Caliban | Mar 9, 2012 2:38:04 PM

14. Your god is the thing that's evil, Robertson.

Posted by: Rich F. | Mar 9, 2012 2:44:49 PM

15. When is this old fossil going to die?

People need to start jumping out from behind corners and scaring him.

Posted by: endo | Mar 9, 2012 2:52:38 PM

16. Someday we will all awaken load our Towleroad and find that the man has passed just like Jerry... whats name. He will be never missed or be remembered. He is nothing more than a Surly ,old,money grabbing, Republican, TV evangelist that should have disappeared from the public eye along time ago.

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Mar 9, 2012 2:53:02 PM

17. Caliban, although you may already know this, and as much fun it would be to bombard them with their own BS, these pharisee lunatics carefully organize their own programming and that letter, supposedly written by an outsider seeking advice from his unholy senility, is more than likely an inside job just to drive their anti-equality agenda. It's no different really than book authors receiving kudos and endorsements that are printed on their covers which 90% of the time are written by the publishing company after receiving an approval on the wording. I would give this no more credence than if I were to hear Sarah Palin say she was going to convert to Judaism.

Posted by: ESA | Mar 9, 2012 2:53:35 PM

18. Does anyone else find this man off-the-charts hilarious? Every time I see him or hear him, I just love this guy. He makes me laugh out loud... side-splitting laughter. He's just so massively silly.

Posted by: DanCobb | Mar 9, 2012 2:54:13 PM

19. We will all wake up someday he will have gone by way of Jerry whats his name. And he to soon be forgotten...O happy day!

Posted by: Vern Dufford | Mar 9, 2012 2:59:55 PM

20. @Dawson 1 Romans, verses 26-27

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Mar 9, 2012 3:00:49 PM

21. I think this advice is great, because it applies both ways. If anyone in your family is affiliated with any of the perversions of religion that preach the same hate as Robertson, simply refuse to acknowledge their "marriages," their "spouses" and their "children."

Posted by: CPT_Doom | Mar 9, 2012 3:03:58 PM

22. What PR and his ilk ignore is that Paul was expressing outrage at a very exploitative sexual milieu that had nothing to do with caring, committed relationships. "Gay" life and people as we know them rarely existed openly, but hetero and homo prostitution and sex slavery were common.

Posted by: Onnyjay | Mar 9, 2012 3:07:54 PM

23. Gee, Pat, that's some wonderful family values you're preachin' there. Yeah. Really wonderful.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 9, 2012 3:30:14 PM

24. "Tough luck." What a lovely way to put it. Family values, sure.

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 9, 2012 3:35:39 PM

25. Someone should remind this so called "Christian" that the concept and practice of marriage predates Christianity. The church is acting like a corporation that is having their intellectual property rights violated. If any intellectuals were actually running it, they might see the error of their ways.

Posted by: Brian | Mar 9, 2012 3:54:35 PM