Los Angeles | Pets | YouTube

BigGayDeal.com

Take A Hike From A Dog's POV: VIDEO

DogHike

Ever wanted to know what a hike up LA's Runyon Canyon looks like from a dog's perspective? Of course you have, and now you have the opportunity: a YouTube user attached a GoPro to his dog, a Corgi named Riley, and posted the video results. It's described as a "test run," so perhaps we'll start seeing Riley cruising around other trails.

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I love my GoPro.

Posted by: JNJ | Mar 22, 2012 11:13:52 AM

2. Dogs rule! hiking with my dogs is one of the most fun we both have. this was a neat prespective for me to get in their paws.

Posted by: Love doctor | Mar 22, 2012 11:51:56 AM

3. The thing I love most about my dogs is they take my mind off drama. Be it in politics, life, or increasingly political world....they're just dogs. and loyal, and want to play, and be silly, and I love mine for it.

Posted by: Aarron | Mar 22, 2012 11:53:02 AM

4. The great thing about dogs is that to them EVERYTHING is AWESOME 24/7! I took care of a Min-Pin while his daddy was ill and god did I have fun with that little bugger! Thankfully, Daddy got all better and Min-Pin and he are back together. But, I miss those very long walks every morning and afternoon and watching Mr. Min get all excited all over again each and every time we went out. Plus, Mr. Pin was a great boi-magnet!

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 22, 2012 12:18:04 PM

5. very good article,maybe it should help me

Posted by: researchpaperstar.com | Mar 22, 2012 1:01:33 PM

6. Jamal, if you do gehave the opportunity some day (as you sound to have the heart for it) Consider going to your local shelter and adopting an adult dog in need of a second chance at life. I say adult dog because they are easier, low maintnence and aren't going through the puppy stages.

When I came out to my family, I had no family after. Each one, to be fair only a mom dad and one sister consists of my family, refused to ever talk to me again. It was the most emotional evening of my life. I was their blood. I remember the first night away from home, after essentially being kicked out of home, when I checked into the motel at 20 years old, with 60 bucks in my pocket, a broken heart, and a cocker spaniel next to me. The same cocker spaniel who licked my face that ENTIRE night on that shady motel room bed, and kept signaling to me "it's gonna be alright" this mind you being an abused dog who was dumped at the shelter, kept getting overlooked at the shelter, and was nearly put down after 7 days there. He understood compassion, loyalty and unconditional love and in his own silly way, was telling me it's going to be alright. I'll never forget that night at the motel.

10 years later, my little (older) guy is still with me. He gets to come home to a much nicer environment, with a second mommy, and even a smal child in the home. Life is great now for me, but I'll never ever forget when it wasn't, when it was lonesome and awful, and I had only this dog to lift my spirits.

Posted by: Viviane | Mar 22, 2012 1:03:13 PM

7. Holy dang Vivian. Your story made me about cry right here at work (and I'm not a crier) ...actually caught myself tearing up.

Posted by: USC Trojan Fan | Mar 22, 2012 1:11:16 PM

8. Thank you, USC Trojan Fan. I thought I was the only goober sitting here nearly emotional reading Viviane's beautiful story. Thank you for sharing that Viviane. Absolutely heart warming. Wishing you and your family, including that lovely cocker spaniel, more of that!

Posted by: C.J | Mar 22, 2012 1:13:43 PM

9. @Viviane

I wish you and your pooch all the best! Your story is a beautiful testament to the unique bonds humans and dogs share.

I second getting an adult dog from an animal shelter. I adopted my girl when she was seven years old, and she has been the best thing about my life for the last two years - total charmer, adorable mannerisms, and a great (and surprisingly developed) sense of humor. She came to me completely house trained and crate trained, and she even knew a few commands. She's never chewed on anything and only barks if someone knocks on the door. She is an absolute hit with all of my friends, and has become somewhat of an ambassador for older dogs in shelters. No one can believe we've only been together for two years, and people have a hard time believing that I adopted her.

If you are thinking about getting a dog, definitely visit your local shelter or reach out to rescue organizations in your area. You might be pleasantly surprised at the quality of older dogs available for adoption.

Posted by: Patrick | Mar 22, 2012 3:24:23 PM

10. Cool video but the song was annoying- and yeah dogs do rule!

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 22, 2012 6:02:23 PM