Adele | Brokeback Mountain | News

The 'Brokeback Mountain' - Adele Mash-Up You've Been Waiting for is Finally Here: VIDEO

J_gyllenhaal

Wallow in it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Thanks I really enjoyed that. Especially the rapid black and white sequence near the end.

Posted by: Ted | Mar 13, 2012 8:56:51 AM

2. Very moving.

Posted by: Dave | Mar 13, 2012 9:03:16 AM

3. Very nice! Bravo! :)

Posted by: Mark | Mar 13, 2012 9:13:37 AM

4. Seen a lot of "BBM" fan videos, but that's one of the best, and I agree with Ted: the black and white stuff towards the end really socked it home. It's great that people who never saw the movie, including teenagers today who were kids in 2005, will now discover it via Adele.

Posted by: Dback | Mar 13, 2012 9:19:42 AM

5. This story is as old as love, it will never die. Thank you.

And how I miss Heath Ledger.

Posted by: uffda | Mar 13, 2012 9:24:53 AM

6. Wonder where the "Crash" mashups are? Oh that's right, the Best Picture winner of 2005 has been relegated to the dustbin where it belongs and BBM lives on. I don't want to be bitter but it still saddens me that Oscar voters couldn't put aside their prejudices in 2005 and award the best film. Time has proven them wrong. BTW this video made me cry and I will be watching BBM tonight for the umpteenth time.

Posted by: jamesintoronto | Mar 13, 2012 9:39:05 AM

7. @jamesintoronto ... I *SO* agree ... it boggles my mind that there was even a choice between the two films ...

Posted by: Lou | Mar 13, 2012 9:48:00 AM

8. What jamesintoroto said.

Posted by: BobN | Mar 13, 2012 10:29:23 AM

9. Does the song fit the plot? It's a stretch.

Posted by: anon | Mar 13, 2012 10:33:37 AM

10. Keep stretching, Anon! You'll get it!

Posted by: Mark | Mar 13, 2012 11:02:33 AM

11. Beautiful.

Posted by: Miguel | Mar 13, 2012 11:23:25 AM

12. Very well done.

Re: the BBM vs Crash controversy, I finally got around to watching Crash right before the Academy Awards ceremony that year. I really don't think I went into it with an attitude, prepared to hate it on principle or something, but I thought it was (literally) laughable. It was like being beaten over the head with a Nerf™ baseball bat labeled "Important Racial Message!" That made the Oscar snub worse, that the film chosen instead was such a clumsy and heavy-handed POS.

Just my opinion, of course.

Posted by: Caliban | Mar 13, 2012 11:52:16 AM

13. Now that was nice. Really nice.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Mar 13, 2012 12:05:23 PM

14. Lovely.

I will never tire of watching the Jack/Ennis scenes.

In particular for Heath Ledger's extraordinary performance.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Mar 13, 2012 12:32:27 PM

15. And of course Jack G ain't no slouch!

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Mar 13, 2012 12:33:26 PM

16. Oops, JAKE. Playing Jack.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Mar 13, 2012 12:34:50 PM

17. @caliban

even straight people i know and in the web feel the same way as you re crash. nobody but the old homophobic academy members believed that crash was better than BBM. it was the most WTF upset in Oscar History (not even How Green Was My Valley vs. Citizen Cane or Shakespeare in Love vs. Saving Private Ryan fiasco can compare)

Posted by: Markie27 | Mar 13, 2012 1:22:01 PM

18. It's so nice to share this love and those men with so many others. What darlings they were, what an impact its director, and the original story teller has had.

Posted by: uffda | Mar 13, 2012 1:24:34 PM

19. Thank you soooo much for sharing my video on your blog, it means a lot to me to be able to show my baby (video) that I've been working on for a while. Also many thanks to all of you kind people who posted encouraging comments on my video, it's a reward for me!!! Many thanks!

Posted by: Gomnitus | Mar 13, 2012 1:27:47 PM

20. GOMNITUS - we thank you and I hope you keep going and make a good living following your soul. I have as an artist and let me tell you that calling the shots for your own life day after day, and living well, are everything they are cracked up to be. Best to you.

Posted by: uffda | Mar 13, 2012 2:21:52 PM

21. Oh my God........

I miss Ennis so much.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Mar 13, 2012 5:34:11 PM

22. Oh yes, "Crash", the best picture !

For shame you Academy cowards.......you just didn't have the balls when the time came to be counted.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Mar 13, 2012 5:39:41 PM

23. very nicely done. I haven't watched the movie in ages and this was a great reminder of why I still love it. I get a kick out of how much of an impact this movie has made, not only on thousands of individuals but American culture. I love that it's being taught in film schools/studies, (it was an instant classic) and that there are volumes published of literary and film analysis and on its impact on individuals and the culture at large. Few films can claim that.

Posted by: ian | Mar 13, 2012 5:58:15 PM

24. Pretty amazing. Michelle is so pretty in that movie - such an ingenue. Love her!

Posted by: TyInTenn | Mar 13, 2012 7:27:20 PM