Nebraska | News | Oklahoma | weather

Epic Hailstorm in Norfolk, Nebraska Over the Weekend: VIDEO

Hailstorm

This is some crazy hail Watch, AFTER THE JUMP....

Says the videographer: "Just crazy. I was mowin' my...yard this´╗┐ morning and now I need to...my driv...and now I need to scoop my driveway now." (via reddit)

Also, William, a Towleroad reader in Enid, Oklahoma who is a trained storm spotter and also a meteorologist for the Air Force, went storm chasing yesterday and sent us another video of a double tornado.

Check out both clips (and stay safe midwesterners), AFTER THE JUMP...

Doubletornado

Comments

1. yeppers and 1/2 the state doesn't beleive in climate change..???

Posted by: Disgusted American | Apr 16, 2012 11:15:23 AM

2. This has NOTHING to do with climate change. it's DEVINE punishment.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Apr 16, 2012 12:00:53 PM

3. We are obviously in the end times. Please make sure your paperwork is in order.

Posted by: george | Apr 16, 2012 12:01:40 PM

4. For Nebraska in April this is definitely weird, but get over it. I'm from Canada and we've seen way worse than this... lol.

Posted by: GraphicJack | Apr 16, 2012 12:46:11 PM

5. I'm with GraphicJack,

People aren't paying enough attention to
    check the long-term data on these events.
    When you do the research you find these
    events are part of much larger and longer
    patterns in weather. I'm 56 and I remember
    hail like this in Indiana one spring.

I have noticed that if you have an overall
    mild winter in terms of precipitation you
    will have lots of spring rain and other
    kinds of precip.

Doesn't help much when your trees are
    shredded and there are a million pock-marks
    on your car's finish.

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Apr 16, 2012 1:20:50 PM

6. This obviously is a direct result of the recently granted marriage equality in Washington State.

Posted by: Chadd | Apr 16, 2012 1:44:27 PM

7. Weird weather, and bursts of more intense weather, is a predicted consequence of global warming. This is part of the new normal now.

Posted by: Randy | Apr 16, 2012 2:25:48 PM

8. Climate change? Naw the country thinks thats too much science, too much splainin'. It had to be our gay marriages doing it. That sounds much more rational...

Sometimes it astounds me how far people will vote against their interest in this country. Not that the Democrats have been very progressive on this issue either. They let the right go further right, and expelled any Republicans that accepted climate change to purify the party into a state of "Nothing to see hear people, you better keep your eyes on gays/latinos/ & women."

Posted by: Redebbm | Apr 16, 2012 2:39:26 PM

9. I freakin love my job sometimes! thanks for sharing!!!

Posted by: william | Apr 16, 2012 5:24:57 PM

10. EOD.

Posted by: Brion | Apr 17, 2012 12:52:31 AM

11. This happened where I live in NorCal last October. I had just returned from a trip. I looked outside and marveled at how nice the garden looked. I thought, "I should take a picture." I didn't. 20 minutes later, everything was in shreds under 3-4 inches of hail. Nothing left to see.

Adding insult to injury, it was fairly warm the next few days. The whole neighborhood smelled like one of those bags of salad mix you forgot about in the fridge.

Posted by: TJ | Apr 17, 2012 1:22:48 AM

12. Can you imagine having to live with this man?

Posted by: Esurb | Apr 17, 2012 7:55:14 AM

13. Tornado vid is nice, but you want to hear some mention of the people who could be dying at the center of it. The "awesome" and "wow" stuff sounds a little off when loss of life is so likely.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 17, 2012 8:24:15 AM