Comments

1. M. Scott Hernandez says

O Canada!
    Our home and native land!
    True patriot love in all thy sons command.
    With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
    The True North strong and free!
    From far and wide,
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
    God keep our land glorious and free!
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
    O Canada, where even fictional characters can get married.

2. Caliban says

I was reading X-Men and the associated Canadian comic AlphaFlight (where Northstar originated) in the mid-80s so I’m glad to see this development. However, in comic books being the human partner of a superhero isn’t a good path to happiness and longevity. Hooking up with a hero is a shortcut to an agonizing death at the hands of his/her enemies, the better to create the “tortured hero” archetype.

So Mazel Tov to the happy couple, but you better use up those wedding present gift certificates quickly!

3. Keith says

As much as I like Kyle, I kinda had always wished that Northstar would have ended up with the former temporary X-Men Paulie Provenzano (unofficially codenamed Omertà) who was quite homophobic and antagonistic towards Jean-Paul during his single mission among the X-Men. Considering that most homophobes turn out to be gay themselves, I hoped that a writer would have revisited Paulie and revealed that he eventually came to terms with his sexuality leading him to try to make up for his past behavior towards Northstar leading them to eventually become an item.

4. says

for anyone who isn’t that familiar with Northstar… the bit about the laundry and cleaning is a cute in joke between the two of them. Northstar’s power is super speed, so its actually great writing – I know if I had a BF with superspeed, I’d want him to do the boring chores in seconds – wouldn’t you?

5. says

Really?? Do the laundry and all the cleaning? Give me a freakin’ break! This is where Marvel totally blows it, no pun intended. Not only that but NorthStar, an obvious white super hero is demanding this of his obviously black boyfriend?

Give me Archie comics and Kevin Keller any time. At least there the African American husband is not delegated to cleaning and laundry – the guy is a doctor no less! No Marvel comics for my child!

6. Hollywood, CA says

I have to agree with Caliban, if Marvel doesn’t give Kyle super powers, the relationship will be hard pressed to work. It’s like marrying a wealthy man when you’re poor, the relationship is out of balance and has potential to implode. here are some acceptable powers for Kyle: Teleportation, Telepathy/Telekenisis, Clairvoyant, or Pyro abilities. At least then we he has to fight Northstar in some future episode, it’ll be a good battle. :)